vmr 153
Create Post

Thread: vmr 153

vmr 153

looking for any members from WW11 that may have knew william o'dell "bill" hoch from fredrick or hagerstown md. iam his daughter, he passed away last aug, only a few months before he passed he started to talk about his service in the marines, i would love to find out more about what he did. growing up i knew he was a marine, and that was about it, he never spoke about what he did til almost the very end. i would like to email with someone from his unit or that knew him. or even the story behind the pic on his jacket. i used to wear it as a kid and loved it. please email me islandhobbler@hotmail.com thank you. iam also a member of the patriot guard riders in his honor and memory of his service to his country. thank you all.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dad army jacket.jpg‎
Views:	254
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	8751  

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Firstly let me extend to you my sympathy on the loss of your Dad. I did not know him, a little before my time

I can help you out about VMR 153. The designation VMR is Marine Air Transport Squadron. In other words your Dad worked on the Pacific Islands mostly loading/unloading and flying goods to other bases.

The drawing on the jacket, best guess, may be the 153 Sq mascot. I don't think it's an individual aircraft.

Sorry I can't be of further help. Happy 4th to you and yours

My dad, Don Stickles, aka "Stu" was in VMR 153 starting Jan 17, 1946. I am particularly interested in knowing about someone named "Toot". My dad mentions him in a journal entry stating Toot is in the same squadron and lives in the next barracks.

Thread Information