0313 reserves
Create Post

Thread: 0313 reserves

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

0313 reserves

Good afternoon Marines,
    I just recently moved out here to Utah and I've been thinking about the reserves.I have a few questions about mos 0313 though.What do they do on a normal drill weekend? Also if anyone has been part of a LAR unit what is it like? Oh and do I need to have a driver's license for this mos? Thanks in advance for the replies Marines!

Yes, you need a drivers license for this MOS.

Marine Corps Reserve website

visit my page at www.marinereserverecruiter.com

it has lots of info on the MC Reserves

thanx

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the reply Sergeant Ritter for the link Gunnery Sergeant Rubio. Cool how you have the same last name as me Also I have another question.Can I be in the Marine reserves and do NROTC in college at the same time?

I do not know much about being in a reserve LAR but know plenty about active duty LAR. For starters, you have to complete School of Infantry training as an 0311 Rifleman before going to LAV School, unless this has changed. You might pick this MOS in the reserves but, with active duty, it usually picks you. You need a drivers license because driving is what you normally start out doing then hopefully move to Gunner, and finally Vehicle Commander. I kinda skipped driving and was a scout 0311 for 2 years then went to gunner and Vehicle Commander within a short time, but that doesn't happen often. If you make it and deploy to a combat zone, 3 to Iraq for me, then expect to sleep in the dirt and meet the locals alot. Commanders dont like to see LAR on the nice bases you see on TV and instead prefer you live out of your vehicles. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Have Fun!

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the reply Sergeant! I have another question.How much mechanic work do you get to do on the LAV? Also,do you always ride on the LAV or do you occasionally patrol on foot?

Thread Information