Graduation date and Company.
Create Post

Graduation date and Company.

I go to MCRD Parris Island on September 7th. I decided to count out 13 weeks from then and see when I'd graduate. 13 weeks from then is Decemer 7th. I checked out the MCRD graduation dates to see what Battalion and Company I'd be in. I didn't know if I'd graduate on the 3rd and be in 2nd Battalion Hotel Company or if it'd be on December 10th and be in 3rd Battalion Mike Company. Any idea which it'd be. I'd hope to be in 3rd, because I have heard many times that it's harder.

It's most likely to be announced when you will be graduating. The company, however, you should be able to find out by asking your recruiter.. I found mine out at least. India Company.

I'll ask after the weekend. They have the graduation dates on the MCRD Parris Island website, so I guess I tried to predict my company myself by looking at the graduation dates.

Well, I ship out August 9th and they still don't have mine, so I don't think they'll have yours for awhile.

Probably not because your graduation date wasn't even on there. Haha, maybe they were the graduation dates from 2009. That'd be my luck.

Yeah, I think there's a little thing on the calender that says "Last updated november 2009" or something haha

That's correct. The 2010 calender was updated last november. There have most likely been changes since then, because according to your receiving date, you'd be in either Golf or Charlie company

Well my recruiter said that I'm "definitely going to be in India Company because I got a buddy that will be a part of your training" or somethin'.. so who knows? :|

Well, you'll be in 3rd battalion with India company. Good luck. I hope I'm in the same battalion.

Quote Originally Posted by WAR-Machine View Post
    Well, you'll be in 3rd battalion with India company. Good luck. I hope I'm in the same battalion.
    Third is apparently the "hardest physically", who knows.. I'm sure all the battalions say they are the best.

Just from what I've heard. 3rd is away from the other 2. I've heard the DI's are harder and more brutal because they don't have command looming over their shoulder as much as the other 2. Ha, I hope from what I've heard is true. The harder, the more I'll get out of recruit training.

Quote Originally Posted by WAR-Machine View Post
    I go to MCRD Parris Island on September 7th. I decided to count out 13 weeks from then and see when I'd graduate. 13 weeks from then is Decemer 7th. I checked out the MCRD graduation dates to see what Battalion and Company I'd be in. I didn't know if I'd graduate on the 3rd and be in 2nd Battalion Hotel Company or if it'd be on December 10th and be in 3rd Battalion Mike Company. Any idea which it'd be. I'd hope to be in 3rd, because I have heard many times that it's harder.
    No company is harder than the next. Nor is PI harder than SD. The difference is SD is mountains and hot terrain.... and the Hollywood Marines learn to surf and shoot(hahaha), PI Marines have swamp, lots of biting bugs, and humidity there Marines dont fight eachother during hand to hand training they learn to wrestle them gators(hahaha). No company or recruit depot is harder than the other you all go through the same stuff and rough the same trails. The only difference is Instructors. The whole hype about what company is this or that is company pride, and no one can say my company was harder because they didnt experience the other ones. So dont worry about getting on third if you dont... either way its an ass kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    No company is harder than the next. Nor is PI harder than SD. The difference is SD is mountains and hot terrain.... and the Hollywood Marines learn to surf and shoot(hahaha), PI Marines have swamp, lots of biting bugs, and humidity there Marines dont fight eachother during hand to hand training they learn to wrestle them gators(hahaha). No company or recruit depot is harder than the other you all go through the same stuff and rough the same trails. The only difference is Instructors. The whole hype about what company is this or that is company pride, and no one can say my company was harder because they didnt experience the other ones. So dont worry about getting on third if you dont... either way its an ass kicking.
    "Wrestle them gators" hahah

I ship 11 Oct 2010, so the MCRDPI website doesn't have my graduation date posted yet (I guess since it's in 2011). I tried the "Ship Date + 13 Weeks + 4 Days" formula but I noticed on the MCRDSD website they have ship dates and graduation dates listed together, and the graduation date is actually the Friday BEFORE the Monday of the 13th week.

Meaning; my expected graduation date using the original formula would be 14 Jan 2011, but following how it has been calculated on the MCRDSD website would make it 7 Jan 2011.

I'll ask my recruiter this afternoon, and we shall see.

Hey Rough Hands let me know what your recruiter says because I have the same ship date. I figured it was Jan. 7 but wasn't sure because I can't look it up since it falls into 2011.

Thread Information