39 Years
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 39 Years

Credits
    Savings
    Images

39 Years

39 years ago today I stepped onto the yellow footprints. It was the real start to a very adventurous life.

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    39 years ago today I stepped onto the yellow footprints. It was the real start to a very adventurous life.

Semper Fi!

Zulu,
    41 years and 48 hours ago...I stepped on the footprints. 41 years and 47 hours and 58 minutes ago.... I screwed up and started teaching the platoon how to do squat thrusts for the next hour!

Ahhhhhh...damn... the good old days!

Been 45 years ago now for me and I still remember those damn squat thrusts had no idea a person could that many in a day until I got there, WOW. Did not think I was going to make it at first but now I are one. United States Marine and damn it shure feels good to know I am such good company of Brothers, Sisters and Docs. Have a great day, Have a great day.

Congrats on the Yellow footprints anniversary

Oh yes do I remember the bends and thrusts especially the ones done at close interval in the sand pits at San Diego.You not only got kicked in the face by the guy in front of you but, you also got a face and mouth full of sand.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    43 years and counting. Never forget laying on our belly and smimming in the sand at M.C.R.D.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Zulu,
    41 years and 48 hours ago...I stepped on the footprints. 41 years and 47 hours and 58 minutes ago.... I screwed up and started teaching the platoon how to do squat thrusts for the next hour!

Ahhhhhh...damn... the good old days!

I was lucky to not be singled out that first few days. There was a really long-haired hippy type that took most of the brunt. Plus I had been in the Civil Air Patrol and knew my military left from military right. So the Receiving DIs mostly picked on the screw-ups.

My military "skills" brought attention later when we picked up.

Ah, the memories.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzame2 View Post
    Congrats on the Yellow footprints anniversary

Oh yes do I remember the bends and thrusts especially the ones done at close interval in the sand pits at San Diego.You not only got kicked in the face by the guy in front of you but, you also got a face and mouth full of sand.

Or, they formed us for PT in the pits and we had to put our M-14s down in the sand too. After a million or so bends and thrusts, the rifles were totally buried, and you had shifted sideways and back/forward a rifle or two from yours. Then we got five minutes to find and clean our rifles for inspection. Never made it. Of course.

Ah, the painful memories.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm a boot!
    25 years ago for me and some change. Visitors Sunday we were about 2 weeks away from graduating and found ourselves in the pit once again. Stack arms and do the sugar cookie. Fall in and the mad scramble of grabbing your rifle one of the recruits took a serious gash from the front sight post of an M-16. Bunch of old ladies walking around asked if that was normal? Heck yea.... the more we bleed in peace time the less we bleed in war.

I'm telling ya that guy had a slash on his head that was bleeding like hell. We're all standing there breathing like a freight train going up hill. Them ole ladies bout laid an egg. Mothers of America stay the hell away from our training!

There was a complaint and platoon interviews and all that dumb chit. To the man it was private doesn't know. Crying towels aren't standard issue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    42 Years this month, Ah the good old days
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We had a Marine at the Rifle range forget to put his cartridge clip in his bolt action for safety and the DI took the M-14 and cocked it on his head about 5 times and blood was running all down his face. Nobody ever forgot again!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like Bob Hope said Thanks For The Memories.
    Like I said the good old days it wouldn't happen today.
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    42 years ago last Feb. for me....

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    We had a Marine at the Rifle range forget to put his cartridge clip in his bolt action for safety and the DI took the M-14 and cocked it on his head about 5 times and blood was running all down his face. Nobody ever forgot again!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like Bob Hope said Thanks For The Memories.
    Like I said the good old days it wouldn't happen today.
    Semper Fi Redman
    That would never happen in the Marine Corps. The SOP for Recruit Training forbids it.

Each and every day of my life as a Marine Recruit brought unheard of experiences that I vividly remember to this day. When we were put in the rack at taps, I could hardly wait for the next morning to arrive. It's no wonder Marines love the Corps so much, and are very proud to tell anyone who will listen that we are U.S. Marines and you can sleep well tonight because somewhere in the world a Marine is on watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Each and every day of my life as a Marine Recruit brought unheard of experiences that I vividly remember to this day. When we were put in the rack at taps, I could hardly wait for the next morning to arrive. It's no wonder Marines love the Corps so much, and are very proud to tell anyone who will listen that we are U.S. Marines and you can sleep well tonight because somewhere in the world a Marine is on watch.

Man.... who knew there were so many of us old goats running around here.

Gentlemen.... you have been...are now...and will always be my brothers.

Thread Information