USMC Barracks DC
Create Post

USMC Barracks DC

Being a member of the RMA-USA I had the privillege of witnessing the band and drill squad at the Twilight Parade.
    We met outside and proceeded to the mess where we enjoyed a decent meal for $4.25. Afterwards we enjoyed a quick whisky in the Officers mess
    The evening was further highlighted by the appearance of the RM football/soccer team; good to have met you lads.
    Listening to the band and watching the parade brought back many memories; I was a tad disappointed that RM weren't mentioned during the announcements but, oh well.

I'm the one with the largest whisky:

Credits
    Savings
    Ricky, who is who?

Who is who

Hi Bob,
    John Topping: Branch secretary
    Paul Meagher: ex Royal Yacht Bootneck
    Bill ? USMC League and RMA-USA
    Dominic? ---------"--------"--------he's the other one in the drinks pic
    I'm the one with the blazer badge
    Aye
    Ricky

Hey Marines, assistance please. As you are aware our anniversary is at the end of Oct when we get together in Fairfax Station VA with a meal at the Globe and Laurel Restaurant near the museum. My/our problem is that after the meal we are usually ushered out with no time for swinging the proverbial lantern or supping more grog. I'm of the opinion we need to go elsewhere more accommodating and willing to allow us to entertain the universe as we used to all those eons ago.
    Any ideas?
    Would truly appreciate your input.
    Award?
    Knowing you helped getting a few Marines hungover in the extreme.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cheers

Good evening guys...if it's still there The Auld Shebeen Pub Fairfax or my old haunts The Tombs in Georgetown 1226 36th St D.C. Just don't tell Em I sent Yah lol Cheers

Ricky - do you need to stay around Quantico for the festivities, or would you look further afield? I know some folks who live down that way (I'm a few miles northwest of DC), even have one co-worker who's a contractor on board Quantico, so I'm sure I can dig up some ideas.

Jack! How's things? Unfortunately, the Tombs went bankrupt and closed down a couple of years ago - but then got renovated and reopened! As a trendy little yuppie watering hole, though. I haven't been to the new one, but I hear it's just like every other place in DC now.

s/f!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cheers

WhereEver You Men end uP in NOVA remember in Heaven there Ain't No Beer that's why yah gotta drink it all here...Enjoy Godspeed too Yah Adios S/F

Well I was just looking at the Hampton Inn and Suites as it's close to the Globe and Laurel restaurant and the Marine base; I was hoping to maybe get a tour around the base but unable to find contact as yet.
    This would enable us to get a taxi to and fro without suffering the indignity of a designated driver

Thanks to you both, maybe we could meet up for a beer? If all goes to plan it will be Thursday 26 - Saturday 28th October.

Thread Information