Eligible to Enlist?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Eligible to Enlist?

Good Evening Marines,

My story: I enlisted in the Marines about a year ago with a medical waiver for a lung problem that I had as a child. It was a birth defect that was corrected when I was a year old. Never had a problem with it since.
    Anyways, I enlisted in the Marine Corps and shipped to boot camp last October. Everything was going fine, until the end of first phase. I got sick, as most recruits do, and I was sent to medical when my Senior Drill Instructor noticed that I was slowing down. I was having some chest pains, but didnt think it was much of anything, other than maybe a chest cold. So...Upon arriving at medical, the doctor took a pretty quick glance at my medical records, noticed that I had a medical waiver, asked me some questions about it, and decided that I needed to go to another hospital in Beaufort for an eval. They ran several tests and determined there was nothing wrong with my lungs whatsoever. However, the doctor at medical still recommended me for separation. I asked to be allowed to train, but it was useless. I was sent to RSP (Recruit Separation Platoon) and stayed there for about 3 weeks while I was processed out.

I was given an Re-3p re-enlistment code, with a separation code of JVF1. I have an Entry Level Separation and I am not considered prior service. Would it be AT ALL possible for me to join the Marine Corps or any other brach of service? I was told I have to wait 2 years to re-join. Any advice would be helpful.
    Thank you for your time Marines.

Ask A Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by CQB0316 View Post
    Ask A Recruiter
    I second that!

And you can do a search on seperation codes and reenlistment codes on the internet also.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you both for your advice!

I've done a lot of searching online, and I talked to the recruiter who got me in the first time. Unfortunately, there's just not a whole lot I can do right now. Guess I'll have to wait untill the two-year wait is up.

Thread Information