Keeping a low profile and Marine Corps Orders - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Well Cpl. Smith, I guess that you realize that there has always been that 10% in the Corps that seems to want to buck the system on every issue. As you can see, some of them found their way to Leatherneck.com. Lets just hope that they have not forgotten the PROUD part.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Well Cpl. Smith, I guess that you realize that there has always been that 10% in the Corps that seems to want to buck the system on every issue. As you can see, some of them found their way to Leatherneck.com. Lets just hope that they have not forgotten the PROUD part.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny C Smith View Post
    Thank you Sgt.
    I stand educated.
    So, why are Marines these days ashamed of looking and acting like Marines?
    Maybe I'm just too old, but I don't think the Corps should be "mainstream"
    When The Corps is supposed to be The Marine Corps.
    Marines are intended to stand out. the forward tip of the cutting edge.
    And be damned proud of it. No matter what.
    False moto? I saw it back in the day. You bet.
    So what? Motivation is what drives The Marine Corps.
    Always has and always will.

Sgt.
    My Grand Father was an Army Soldier. WW11 and Korea.
    I was raised by this Man and my Grand Mother.
    He told me stories of "crazy Marines" as he called them.
    He told me the Marines were insane. And arrogant.
    But, he never down talked the Corps.
    I'm sure some if not all of the stories were "embellished"
    as they should be. Motivation.
    He said Marines were the meanest and friendliest men he had ever known.
    I remember him telling me that Marines lived in the mud.
    They ate garbage, as how he put it.
    And didn't give a damn about anything but killing the enemy.
    He called them insane.
    But he also told me that they were very "PROUD"

I could be wrong-just ask my wife-but there are more than two sides to this and therefore the confusion. You have to consider each of the factions surrounding this issue.

Group A -MOTARDS who do not understand anything beyond a rule book

Group B - Turds who want to look like civilians because they never really made a change in boot camp

Group C - MARINES who worry about the targeting of Marines at home and abroad.

All too often B rides on the coattails of C, in an attempt to link their causes, while A acts so stupid in the enforcement of their own personal image of what a Marine should be that even good Marines act more like B so as not to be associated with A.

It really is that stupid. In the end, I make sure that my Marines and any jarhead unlucky enough to cross my path do right. Keep my own porch clean. In doing so, I teach them why we do what we do and why they need to police others. Unless I skipped a chapter, I think that is expected....

I am a Marine that is that I will not hide that fact I am proud of what I am if they wish to target me so be it the an't getten no cherry I will fight and I will win Load willing but if I do not then no one and I mean no one can ever say he was not a Marine to the end. I love the USA I do not love my Government but that being said I am still and always will be a Marine.

Good point HBH .

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    I am a Marine that is that I will not hide that fact I am proud of what I am if they wish to target me so be it the an't getten no cherry I will fight and I will win Load willing but if I do not then no one and I mean no one can ever say he was not a Marine to the end. I love the USA I do not love my Government but that being said I am still and always will be a Marine.
    I will stand by what you are saying HBH, and before some one jumps all over your six,Let me carry part of that load. I too love this country, and its people, for the most part. The people who run the Govt. (That is not us ) are in it to line their own pockets, not to represent the People.Their self serving stupidity, is sending this country down the same road that every big power has followed, and no one is doing anything to stop them. We'd better learn to speak Chinese. S/F!!! Ken

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Thank you!
    That is exactly what I was trying to get across in my slow,
    plodding way. Never been accused of being quick in the noggin.

Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    I could be wrong-just ask my wife-but there are more than two sides to this and therefore the confusion. You have to consider each of the factions surrounding this issue.

Group A -MOTARDS who do not understand anything beyond a rule book

Group B - Turds who want to look like civilians because they never really made a change in boot camp

Group C - MARINES who worry about the targeting of Marines at home and abroad.

All too often B rides on the coattails of C, in an attempt to link their causes, while A acts so stupid in the enforcement of their own personal image of what a Marine should be that even good Marines act more like B so as not to be associated with A.

It really is that stupid. In the end, I make sure that my Marines and any jarhead unlucky enough to cross my path do right. Keep my own porch clean. In doing so, I teach them why we do what we do and why they need to police others. Unless I skipped a chapter, I think that is expected....
    Thanks Sgt.
    I understand I reckon I'm just an old motard, turd that worries about
    Our young Marines to much.
    My nephew is at SOI right now.
    All to soon to deploy and I guess my trigger finger is just iching.
    Something is bugging me that is for sure.

Can I PM you Sgt.?
    I'd like to talk with you about something.
    Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny C Smith View Post
    Thanks Sgt.
    I understand I reckon I'm just an old motard, turd that worries about
    Our young Marines to much.
    My nephew is at SOI right now.
    All to soon to deploy and I guess my trigger finger is just iching.
    Something is bugging me that is for sure.

Can I PM you Sgt.?
    I'd like to talk with you about something.
    Semper Fi.
    Any time, brother. Semper Fi

I quess some has been bugging me for the past 43 years we did not win but every time I see our Marines over there in both sand piles doing a great job of kicking azz and winning the pride just gets better and better and as I said if someone asks I am a Marine and d*mn proud of it and our Corps and the people who serve today.

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation

Also, the safety risk depends largely on the Marine.

In this Marine's opinion, the risk is not jihadists, hippies, or foreign agents so much as harlots, predatory lenders/salesmen, and common criminals.

They seek not so much to identify a victim as a Marine but rather as a Boot Marine who will gladly part with his money, OR will get so fvcking drunk that he will be easy pickin.

Nobody fvcks with the old Gunny walking down the street with a high and tight, moto T shirt tucked in and some shiny m-Frames on his "grape".

They circle like sharks when they smell boot. Solution: Don't change your appearance, just grow up and watch your six.

Credits
    Savings
    Right Wing Extremist Potential Terrorist Threat

That is what scares them, or is the risk.

Credits
    Savings

Truth

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Right Wing Extremist Potential Terrorist Threat

That is what scares them, or is the risk.
    While we were blessed to return to a much different sentiment a home than Marines of other eras, I doubt I will forget coming home to find that my government feared me almost as much I feared it. I'm not one for grudges, but somethings aren't meant to be forgiven.

What He Say ???

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    OK Danny and thanks for the info. The way I get it is, this so called motard is Marine who follows regulations and is the first to let the other non motards know when they are doing wrong. This this Motard Marine is on the non motards list and the only way he can get off of it is to become a non motard and screw the pooch. The Marine Corps will never change.
    Gunny, I don't understand two thirds of the language these younger Marines say. I have to back up three or four pages in a string, just to find out what the hell they're talking about!! Buit, the one third I do understand tells me one thing. Even when THEY don't know what they're talking about, they are still Marines. OK, go on with your discussion. S/F!!! Ken

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody View Post
    You want to put your hands in your pockets because you have no discipline and you "are cold" Well cry me a river...I shower in that ****
    putting your hands in your pocket when it's cold has nothing to do with discipline. it's common sense. wholly illogical to do otherwise unless there is a specific need to have your hands accessible. when in garrison, telling someone they can't keep their hands warm because it looks unprofessional is equally as retarded as telling someone to put their wallet in their sock when wearing charlies

I think this is a pretty good definition, there is nothing wrong with being a motivated Marine. Motards are the ones the use extreme motivation to hide the fact that they don't know their job. I have heard many motivated Marines refer to others as motards.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    It's not an oxymoron; it is a portmanteau, combining the two.

Like any other slang the exact meaning lies in the intent of the speaker, but in most common usage (in my short experience) it refers to an individual whose false motivtion has led to a tragic mental debilitation. Whereas a solid appearance should be the result of being a good Marine (fitness, attention to detail, etc) some "motards" believe it is the foundation. They generally obsess over trivial issues in order to mask their own inability in the job. This is a primary reason why they LOVE to "devil-dog" or "life" passing Marines-they may not know a converged sheaf from grazing fire but damn if they can't spot a boot bloused .0001" too low from a mile away.

So you see, it is not motivation that is wrong; it is the misapplication of false motivation which rightly draws the ire of their brothers-in-arms.

There are more enemies of the Marine Corps than just the Islamic extremists. I am not 100% on the specifics of this story, nor will I disclose some of the details to it, but this is a true story that happened within the past year. Some junior Marines who were still in MOS school got invited to by a rich old man to hang out with him for the weekend. I believe he said that he want to thank them for what they were doing for their country, well he ended up drugging these young Marines and they woke up tied down on beds getting raped by him and some of his other gay friends. These Marines were out of bounds, and if they would have followed the liberty rules this wouldn't have happened, but that doesn't change the fact that they were targeted because they were Marines, and if I remember right what happened to these Marines was supposed to be a comment on what they think about the military's policy of "don't' ask, don't tell"

Thread Information