Keeping a low profile and Marine Corps Orders - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    I just threw up all over my keyboard. You don't honestly believe all that crap?

I have gunny rolls but i'm a sgt, my pants are always bloused at or below my ankles, the last time I changed my chevrons was when I pinned on, I get a haircut once every two weeks and when I do its a Navy reg just to trim my neckhair, I don't wear a belt because my pants actually fit me, I don't wear a skivvie shirt in the summer months because its more comfortable, I wear Gucci (not D&G) sunglasses in cammies, if i'm in civvies and i've got a hat on its staying on when i'm indoors because if I take it off i'll have hat hair since my hair is so long, I wear flip flops BECAUSE ITS THE FRIGGEN SUMMER AND IN THE SUMMER PEOPLE WEAR FLIP FLOPS. Yeah, i'm the guy that motivators develop a tick over when you see me walk into the 7-day store. Oh, and if its cold my hands will be in my pockets. And after all that, i'm a better Marine than most of the 8th&I silent drill wannabe's running around my Corps and i'll run any motivators dick into the dirt and make him beg for Chesty. I still got my good conduct medal. Being a beltfed motivator went out of style when the mooj flew 747's into the world trade center and pentagon. Don't expect a reply. Out.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by FattyTheFerret View Post
    I feel weird without a belt unless I'm wearing shorts

that's just me though...if I'm bumming to the kwik e mart or next door to the bar on saturday morning I may or may not throw on a belt but you won't see me without one if I plan to accomplish anything that day. just a quirk, I guess

I think by gunny rolls he means sleeves rolled so loose and low you could fist **** a 7-ton through them

one thing that gets me is being harassed for wearing a white t-shirt. newsflash: just because a shirt is plain white does NOT mean it's intended for wear as an undergarment, which is what the order refers to. my plain white Ts are way too thick to be undershirts. I have plain white undershirts but I also don't wear those out because I'm a bit of a hairy monkey underneath so it looks really gross. but seriously folks, what's the deal with airline food
    I hope you don't ever seriously expect some old dog in the Corps to come to the same understanding. I agree that white shirts are perfect for those disgusting Jacksonville days, but I'm certainly never surprised when someone gets butt-hurt about it...although I have a healthy stock of white T's with at least a little lettering/detail on it. I think my only white T's I wear solo are those $20 DryFit (or whatever they are called) from Nike...which are awesome by the way (although they do suck when you are PT'ing in them and want to wipe some sweat off your face as they are a little rough).

..anyway, also don't expect Marine Corps rationalization to accept that some shirts just aren't meant to be tucked in, and that they look less professional tucked in b/c they blouse out all weird or whatever.

I love the rationalization that states a guy in his no-**** go fasters, oversized Jnco jeans, MCMAP belt, tucked in black button up faux-silk collard shirt with dragon and fire silkscreen print on it, eccentric screaming high and tight and freaking full-on Wiley X shooting goggles complete with retention strap looks more professional than a guy with $60 leather sandals, nice khaki or cargo shorts, untucked well-fitting polo shirt, non-ecentric medium or low fade, and normal-ish sunglasses (the aviators are in these days, right? Or M-frames or normal Wiley-Xs or whatever).

I used to buy expensive sunglasses until I added up how much i'd blown on losing or crushing them. Now I just get cheapo $20 foster grants from the grocery store so I can have two or three sitting on standby in my luggage if....strike that, when I lose and/or crush one

Credits
    Savings

Dead on

Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    a guy in his no-**** go fasters, oversized Jnco jeans, MCMAP belt, tucked in black button up faux-silk collard shirt with dragon and fire silkscreen print on it, eccentric screaming high and tight and freaking full-on Wiley X shooting goggles complete with retention strap
    Outstanding illustration. Love it.

Ever since MCT I've always gotten just a decent medium low fade. Keeps the Staff-N-Brass out of my ass, and keeps me from looking like a fool. I think a high and tight just plain looks ridiculous and unnecessary. I don't see it as motarded, just unattractive and uncomfortable(I don't like stubble hair on the sides of my head, just preference) I blouse my boots low, roll my sleeves to somewhere between tourniquet and gunny roll, and basically do enough to keep a Gunny from getting 5 feet into my ass and beyond about uniform regs. I keep a normal, sensible Marine Corps appearance. Miraculously, I always get asked what I do. Either people are just entertaining me, but I've been in a group with say 2 of my friends and someone will say "You two are Marines, what about you?"

Never really under stood it. Usually its in some highly military area infested with boots, and I've always rocked the khaki cargos with a button up or polo, graphic T if its balls hot out.

I think the regs are just up to personal discretion. Obviously if your COMMAND gets into your ass, fix it, but if some recockulous higher up sees you and thinks your ****ed up, brush it off. I do what makes the people who do my pro's and con's happy, not someone I don't work for. It's great they wanna take the initiative to give me their input on how they think I should look, but really I don't give a ****, I'll do what I've been doing until MY SNCOIC or OIC has something to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny C Smith View Post
    I don't think Chesty Puller gave much of a frack what anyone thought.
    Just got my hair cut recently for the first time since my eas in 90.
    All 2 feet of it.
    Even back in the 80's at the Stumps there were those civilian turds that didn't like Marines. Well no crap, I wonder why?
    They thought we were arrogant azzholes and we thought they were dirt bags.
    We Were and they were. I guess some things never change.
    To be honest, I do wear USMC "caps", even to work and sometimes to the
    shooting range I wear an old salty cover I still have.
    The belt I wear everyday has an Eagle, Globe and Anchor on it.
    I wear a Marine Corps ring. Our Colors fly in my front yard.
    My vehicles have the Marine Corps Emblem on them.
    Personally, I am intensely proud of my service. Short as it was.
    Also, I am certain that if I just happened to be in a store that was being robbed I would be the first target. Or one of the first because personally,
    I would just attack the puke and try to kill him with a can of soup and a plastic shopping bag over his head and shove the neck of a ranch dressing
    bottle down his throat after rubbing snuff in his eyes from behind.
    That doesn't even count the elbows and knees to vital organs and
    major blood vessels of the neck.
    That is something that I keep in mind at all times even to this day.
    We are targets. Just as any enemy is to us.

Why don't people just shave their heads? Its fairly common, wheres the whole 0 to 3 fade is not.

I both shaved my head and had a low fade in high school, and neither because of military influence...shaved my head for utilitarian purposes (sports), then got a low fade because my mom made me as she didn't want me having a shaved head for senior pictures, lol.

because a shaved head looks ridiculous on most people

I like having hair.

Yeah, it really does...used to be eccentric too.

Thread Information