Veterans Eligible for Cell Phone Discounts
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Veterans Eligible for Cell Phone Discounts

Veterans eligible for cell phone discounts

Military veterans and active-duty personnel are eligible for significant discounts on cellphone plans - if they know to ask.
    There are over 23 million veterans in the U.S. and nearly 600,000 in Arizona. Many are unaware of the potential savings on their monthly cellphone bills.
    Monthly military discounts range from 15 percent on Verizon Wireless plans to 10 percent off - and no activation fee - on T-Mobile agreements. Alltel, Sprint and AT&T offer similar discounts. Cricket Wireless could not be reached for commentWhile not everyone knows about the discounts, those who do say that getting the companies to register them for the cheaper plans is no easy task.
    Phoenix resident Janis Johnson said she called her cellphone company to register her husband, an Air Force veteran. At first, a customer service representative said no veteran discount existed.
    "Then she said we should get the 15 percent discount, but we were supposed to go to the Web site," she said.
    Johnson eventually gave up when she could find no place online to register.
    Kenneth James Madetzke, 60, of Phoenix, had better luck. The Vietnam War veteran was able to sign up for AT&T's discounted plan and saves about $8 a month.
    "It makes me feel good to have the money savings and be recognized as a veteran," Madetzke said. "The disappointment was that there was no advertisement. I had to pull it out of them."
    While waiting for doctor's appointments at the VA hospital, Madetzke often tells fellow veterans about the discount. Most, he said, know nothing about the deals.
    Bill Messer, president of Vietnam Veterans of America's Arizona State Council, said he used Verizon and hadn't heard of the discount.
    Verizon spokeswoman Jenny Weaver said the firm makes an effort to inform veterans of the savings, with in-store posters and military-magazine ads.
    "There aren't any posters up in the Phoenix metro area right now, because of some of the other promotions we have going on," Weaver said.
    Most services require a military identification card, veteran identification card or military discharge papers as proof of veteran status. Some companies require online registration to get the discount.
    Many companies, including Verizon, also offer discounted plans for customers 65 and older.

A few years ago my wife and I had been back and forth about getting a Weber grill because we had heard they are much better. They are also pricey.

We were in Home Depot Memorial Day weekend and they had a huge sign painting at the doors that said "All Vets 10% off all purchases".

We chewed on it and bought the Weber. I just showed my VA card.

Very very happy with it.

Veterans are also eligible for 10% discount at most Home depot and Lowes stotes

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....BILLY....I called Verizon, and asked about a discount. Was told that I could get a 15% cut on my bill if I just faxed a copy of my DD214 to them. I'll try to...this week, and I'll let everyone know what happppen's!!!....

It works I just up dated my cell phone and was given a 17% discount showing my VA hospital card.

Angry Thoughts on the change of command? Gen Mcchristal

I think you can't say anything about the big boss in the white house or u loose your job. They hated Gen. Patrius now ABC, CNN and others say he is the best man in the world,
    any comments from the marines today

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here you go

10% off Military Discounts.............
    10% discount 24/7 to all military personnel who are active, reserve, retired or disabled veterans and their family members, with a valid, government-issued military ID card including VA Health Care Card.

Apparel
    • Aeropostale
    • The Buckle
    • Dress Barn
    • The Finish Line
    • FootAction
    • Footlocker
    • Gadzooks
    • Goody's
    • Hot Topic
    • Jos. A. Bank
    • Jockey
    • Kohl's
    • Lerner
    • New York & Company
    • Nike
    • Pac Sun
    • Rack Room Shoes
    • Timberland Outlets (active duty only)
    Auto
    • AutoZone
    • Big 10 Tires
    • Checker Auto Parts
    • Kragen Auto Parts
    • NAPA Auto Parts
    • O'Reilly Auto Parts
    Restaurants
    • Applebee's
    • Arby's
    • A&W
    • Back Yard Burgers
    • Barnhill's
    • Burger King
    • Captain D's
    • Carl's Jr.
    • Chick-Fil-A
    • Ci-Ci's
    • Cotton Patch
    • Denny's
    • Dunkin' Donuts
    • Golden Corral
    • IHOP
    • Java Cafe
    • KFC
    • Long John Silver
    • Maggie Moo's
    • McDonald's
    • The Melting Pot
    • Moe's
    • Pancho's Mexican Buffet
    • Panda Express
    • Papa Murphy's
    • Pat & Oscar's
    • Pizza Hut
    • Quizno's
    • Red Robin
    • Shoney's
    • Sizzler
    • Sonic
    • Taco Bell
    • Texas Roadhouse
    • Wendy's
    • Whataburger
    Services Travel and Leisure Other Products
    • Apple Computers
    • Bass Pro Shop
    • Champs Sports
    • Copeland's Sports
    • Dell
    • Dick's Sporting Goods
    • The Discovery Channel Store
    • GNC
    • Great Party
    • Happy Harry's
    • K-mart
    • Michael's
    • Play It Again Sports
    • Pure Beauty
    • Sally Beauty Supply
    • Spencer's Gifts
    • Sportsman's Warehouse
    • Suncoast
    • Wilson's Leather

Thats cool I've been thinking about going, and getting the New Iphone 4. If I can save a penny on the up front, and the bill I am all about that. By the way great post with the list of other establishments Rocky!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Thats cool I've been thinking about going, and getting the New Iphone 4. If I can save a penny on the up front, and the bill I am all about that. By the way great post with the list of other establishments Rocky!!
    You got it Ben!!!

Semper Fi Brother,
    Rocky

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Pre Paid

Rocky

Between me and my daughters we probably have 8 or 9 prepaid Net10 cell phones we no longer use. All are functional. Any place where I can send them so that they can be distributed to our troops? Be willing to purchase the minute cards as well and send those along.

Dan

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Rocky

Between me and my daughters we probably have 8 or 9 prepaid Net10 cell phones we no longer use. All are functional. Any place where I can send them so that they can be distributed to our troops? Be willing to purchase the minute cards as well and send those along.

Dan
    That's Great of you!!!

Here you go Dan

http://cellphonesforsoldiers.com/

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island View Post
    That's Great of you!!!

Here you go Dan

http://cellphonesforsoldiers.com/
    Thanks Rocky

Try And Local VFW I know we contribute to calling cards for the troops there

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks Bill for starting this thread and Rocky for adding information
    I use U.S. Cell and I don't think they have anything but I bought there new phone called the Quantico and love it. Its suppose to be water proof but it looks and feels rugged.
    I've save lots of money at Lowe's and Home Depot by showing my VA ID card
    Thanks to Ed letting me know Apple-bee's give discount but you have to ask for it and at first they told me no. Then the manager came out and gave it to me but put it under police discount which I don't care what its listed under but it should be military discount.
    I think it depends on the State you live in whether you get it or not but you need to at least ask.
    Semper Fi Redman

Thread Information