Leaving for MCRDPI this Monday...
Create Post

Thumbs up Leaving for MCRDPI this Monday...

Hello Marines, Poolee Payne here. I just recently had my ship date changed to 20100628. I head down to MEPS for pre-ship screening on Sunday. Is there anything I should prepare myself for, mentally or physically down there? And how does the whole thing go once I depart from MEPS to the Island? Thank you for your time.

There is nothing at MEPES to worry about! Just get yourself ready mentaly to do what you're told when you're told to do it as fast as you possibly can.Keep your mouth shut and you ears open when you get to P.I. You will need to sleep well before you leave and try to get as much sleep as you can before you get to the Island the receaving process will take a long time and i mean a LONG time. Also be as loud as possible when answering the Drill Instuctors don't be scared to be louder than them (if thats possible). Shave if you have any facial hair and DON'T get a hair cut before you leave they want some thing to cut nd for Gods sake don't get a high and tight nd dont wear any thing Marine Corps related .Hope this helps you and good luck!Keep your eyes on the prize!

Like The Man Said, Prepare Yourself Mentally, Also Pay Extreme Att. To Detail. Make Doubly Sure When You Get There No Eyeballing Around. That Means Don't Move Your Eyes Anywhere But Forward. Not At Anytime. Please At All Costs No Snide Remarks. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tuefelhuden40 View Post
    Like The Man Said, Prepare Yourself Mentally, Also Pay Extreme Att. To Detail. Make Doubly Sure When You Get There No Eyeballing Around. That Means Don't Move Your Eyes Anywhere But Forward. Not At Anytime. Please At All Costs No Snide Remarks. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Easiest way to do that is to pick a spot on a wall and stare at it! AND FOR GODS SAKE DON'T LAUGH NO MATTER WHAT THE D.I.'s SAY!!!!!!!That will not only get you some time on the quarter deck but everyone else too...... not a good way to start!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck Dakotah !!!
    You're Good To Go.
    See you in 3 Months...........

good luck!Wish you the best!

Get Some, Semper Fidelis.

Thank you all for the advice and confidence in my ability. I depart today at 1500 from the recruiters office to my local MEPS, and from there I will be on my way to becoming a United States Marine. Once again thank you!

Just be convinced you're going to leave the Island a Marine.Don't be a quitter even if it kills you,don't eyeball the Drill instructor and remember everything they tell you has a reason,keep your mouth shut,ears open and when you graduate from boot camp and they play the Marine Corps hymn you'll know what pride is.

Thread Information