How many go to DEP workouts? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    unlike most of you I know my place. Ive grown up completely around the Marines. I know moderators are on here. Point is he could have used a less derogative term than mocking WMarine.
    Get over yourself man.
    Take the stick out of your butt and lighten up for christ sake

stop being this guy >>>>

and turn into this guy >>>

Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    Stop arguing like little kids.

jburke, keep in touch man...if you would like, write me letters, I'll keep everyone on this site up to date with you 'n' ****
    Cool. PM your address before I take off. The first time I get a letter from you that smells even remotely like perfume you're cut off, though.

I don't even remember what this thread was originally about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
    Just curious to see how many other poolee's go to the DEP workouts at the recruiter station or if they even have them. I try to go as much as I can but my schedule restricts me to 1-2 times a week. Out of 35 poolee's we only have about 5 regulars which seemed a little low to me.

Maybe I can salvage this thread..

We have regular PT Tuesday & Thursday at 1700, and remedial PT at 1000 Mon-Fri.

We focus on different parts of the body every time we PT, mixing it up with Pullups, a Deck of cards session where each card means a diff workout with a number value, long runs, sprints, bleacher laps. And of course we always check how far we've come with the IST.

Personally when I first became a Poolee I hated PT, I hated the IST, but after giving it all my effort all I do now is look foward to PT, and I cant wait for the IST events so this way I can see how much I've improved, and also it gives me a way to judge myself so I can figure out what else I need to do to better improve my scores.

We don't PT at all. We just show up once a month and call to check in on mondays! Thats probable why most of the kids that don't do well with the IST. Don't seem to be improving. Nothing there to help push them.. I'm used to getting up at 4 a.m everyday, work out, and go for a run. Did that all through high school. So, it's not a big deal to me! but it would would be nice..

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post

We focus on different parts of the body every time we PT, mixing it up with Pullups, a Deck of cards session where each card means a diff workout with a number value, long runs, sprints, bleacher laps. And of course we always check how far we've come with the IST.
    Yea we do the same thing. Jokers are always 10 of each.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    We do pt 4 times a week. M W F and Sat. 2 hours MWF and sometimes 3 on Sat if we're lucky

I love the PT we do. My body hates it, but I always come back for more. My recruiter makes sure to make me utterly guilty if I miss a PT session. I'm one of 4 regulars in my area that actually shows up to PT. I feel I owe it to my recruiter(s) for his/their hard work getting me the ship date and job I wanted.

We usually do pushups, pullups, situps MWF and a combat fitness course on Sat but my recruiter does a great job of mixing things up a bit. A LOT of cross training is involved and my overall fitness level has drastically improved in only a month of attending pool functions.

i'm required to go every monday and every third saturday

I'm supposed to contact my Recruiter every Monday, then show up for DEP functions on Thursdays, but this will be my first Thursday working out with the poolees at my RSS since I just took my oath on the morning of the 1st. I'm excited, but I'm also going to be the only female.

Let's see how this plays out.

I'm not surprised there's not one female in all 40 some of us males lol. I too feel like I owe it to the recruiters and to my country to go as much as I can. I offered to quit my job so I could show up more but the recruiters actually told me to keep working. I was kind of bummed, I was pumped to PT more lol.

We have mandatory PT every Thursday with one Saturday a month.
    I'm in Alaska so you can imagine we're a pretty small group. I still don't know how many Poolees we have, but every time I've gone there has only been 3-5 of us. Last time I went there was only 3, a couple shipped out.

I've been missing quite a few lately due to working on the house and then spending time with my father. I workout on my own pretty well, but cardio/running is the hardest for me to motivate myself to do.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGypsy View Post
    We have mandatory PT every Thursday with one Saturday a month.
    I'm in Alaska so you can imagine we're a pretty small group. I still don't know how many Poolees we have, but every time I've gone there has only been 3-5 of us. Last time I went there was only 3, a couple shipped out.

I've been missing quite a few lately due to working on the house and then spending time with my father. I workout on my own pretty well, but cardio/running is the hardest for me to motivate myself to do.
    Small world! I didn't think any other poolees from Alaska even knew about this forum. I guess I'll see you on Thursday!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    We have PT every Thursday at 17:30 and every 2nd Saturday of the month is a Poolee Function that is mandatory at 08:00. If you don’t show up you can be discharged without a good excuse. I like it more that way. It makes the people who are really dedicated show up.

A TIP for everyone getting ready to go to Boot Camp prepare yourself before you go and just become the DI’s best friend (as in your going to get all the crap) if you know what I mean? Know your stuff. I say become a Leader right now! I went to MEPS and when I Enlisted everyone looked up to me (NOT BRAGGING!) I’m just saying, that’s good to look up to people and everything but grow some nuts man and show some authority that you can man a post! General Order #1 To take charge of this post and all government property in view. #11 To be especially watchful at night, and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and allow no one to pass without proper authority. Live by those.

Because if you show your weak in Boot Camp like I see weak guys at MEPS and PT you might as well go to the guard. Because MARINES stand for something. All the guard does is build a sand castle and guard the Mexican border or whatever.

If I offended some of you I apologize! But if you want to become a real Marine, and Earn that Title, then you better grow some nuts and be a hard a**. Get real with yourself.

Had a poolee function this past Saturday, had a couple guys throw up and pass out. Just glad I made it through without puking being my first function. We PT'd, carried guys on our shoulders back and forth and stuff like that then played football and hung out for a few hours, all in all a good day. Next month we're headed to an air base to shoot some guns, its gonna be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
    Had a poolee function this past Saturday, had a couple guys throw up and pass out. Just glad I made it through without puking being my first function. We PT'd, carried guys on our shoulders back and forth and stuff like that then played football and hung out for a few hours, all in all a good day. Next month we're headed to an air base to shoot some guns, its gonna be awesome.
    Pass out....? what the **** were you guys doing? lol. i've seen people throw up but never pass out

Quote Originally Posted by wilsontc11 View Post
    Pass out....? what the **** were you guys doing? lol. i've seen people throw up but never pass out
    I assume they passed out due to heat exhaustion. ? HYDRATE!

Thread Information