On MccCristyal
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: On MccCristyal

Thumbs down On MccCristyal

I think you can't say anything about the big boss in the white house or u loose your job. They hated Gen. Patrius now ABC, CNN and others say he is the best man in the world,
    any comments from the marines today

He was totally and completely unprofessional. As a serving senior US military officer he disgraced the uniform he wears.

He acted more like a pleb at the USMA than a ranking general.

And this is and has nothing to do with politics or who is the person in charge.

Who next down the road Gen. James Mattoon Scott?

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Gen Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post

I think he resigned after that ECOMCON fiasco!! Nice reference BTW

Next down the road....you mean for AF? Patreaus has taken over the job. As far as McChrytal....he obviously fired himself. No one becomes a general and doesn't know how to talk to media. Honestly its a bad sign when the AF commander is so disenchanted with things he burns himself on Rolling Stone.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Taliban are very happy He got Chit canned, McCrystal knew exactaly what He was doing remember last year when He asked for more Boots on the Deck went too visit Obama and Obama waits 6 months to respond...The General got sick and tired of letting our Boys fight with one Arm tied behind them.Now Gates needs to Go and all the other Civilian bums running the show...Gen.Peter Pace @ Gen.McCrystal will make great drinking buddies.

He was totally and completely unprofessional. As a serving senior US military officer he disgraced the uniform he wears.

He acted more like a pleb at the USMA than a ranking general.

And this is and has nothing to do with politics or who is the person in charge.

There has to be more to this story than we are hearing,No way would he have expressed himself that way if he knew it was on record,Unless he wanted to get fired(along with his entire staff that was also in on the "interview")

Here is my feeling Gen. McChrystal should have been fired also a 4 star should know that anything u say will be on the news these days.
    One thing it did was to wake up our man in the WH to the fact that his policy is not the way to fight a war. I don't think he knows what is going on over there I hear the moral of the troop are poor but they still want to fight and to win. When was the last time the com and chief said he wants to win. Change the rule of engagement and turn them loose.

My feeling is if your going to have a war then shot the bad guys and let our men go after them and do them in. We had almost the same in VN and that worked out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Muztang11 View Post
    There has to be more to this story than we are hearing,No way would he have expressed himself that way if he knew it was on record,Unless he wanted to get fired(along with his entire staff that was also in on the "interview")
    You know this was my first thought. That is that he thought he was off the record. But Rolling Stone said it was very clear that he was on. No mistake with this.

Besides if he was going to quit in protest then he could have quit in protest.

If he was going to quit because the job got to much he could pull a Phil Jackson and say his health was not up to snuff.

This is not the way anyone wants to go out or to be remembered----not that way.

Maybe he just pulled what I call a Lynn2.

I have people in the family that do "stuff". Because of that "stuff" I try to watch at least at some level what I say on the internet.

But you get on a roll, you get involved in the discussions, you get to love the sound of your own posts, and before you know it you look back the next day and say self WTF was I thinking in going on like I did?

I think he had a mindfock. This was just to sloppy and inane to be otherwise IMO.

But----and I am no student of the General----I have been told that he has had a history of pushing the edge for a long long time. Maybe this side of him if true will come out as he is talked about more in the coming days.

Sad really to end a career like this.

"I think he resigned after that ECOMCON fiasco!!"

Do not believe everything you read in the papers.

I got a call today from my good friend Col Jiggs Casey and he tells me there is a lot more to this story than what was in the papers or given as a reason by the PR Flacks.

No man like that would quit over some ECOMCON

Credits
    Savings
    "I think he resigned after that ECOMCON fiasco!!"

Do not believe everything you read in the papers.

I got a call today from my good friend Col Jiggs Casey and he tells me there is a lot more to this story than what was in the papers or given as a reason by the PR Flacks.

No man like that would quit over some ECOMCON
    I knew Jiggs when I was stationed at the Pentagon. One damn fine Marine!! Perhaps there is more to the ECOMCON story then the press gave us.

I guess it's too late to get a bet down on the Preakness. Maybe next year

I probably should not even post this.

We will never know the real story.
    I learned that in the Corps.
    The government is, and has been fvcked up for
    longer than any of us have lived.
    Learned that from my Grand Pop.
    The media is totaly stupid.
    Hell, thats just common sense.
    You want to know what really happened?
    Keep wanting folks.
    Never going to happen.
    Maybe the good General, and I mean this with the
    greatest respect, will write a book about his version
    of this freaking stupitidy.
    Hell, I think he did it on purpose.
    Only so much one man can take.
    Even a General Officer.
    In the mean time the fearless leader can "Bite Me".

How the hell does a 4-Star sit down with of all people Rolling Stone and agree to an interview. Then open his pie hole and diss the WH and anyone who works there. He does not have to like his Commander In Chief, but needs to shut his pie hole.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny C Smith View Post
    I probably should not even post this.

We will never know the real story.
    I learned that in the Corps.
    The government is, and has been fvcked up for
    longer than any of us have lived.
    Learned that from my Grand Pop.
    The media is totaly stupid.
    Hell, thats just common sense.
    You want to know what really happened?
    Keep wanting folks.
    Never going to happen.
    Maybe the good General, and I mean this with the
    greatest respect, will write a book about his version
    of this freaking stupitidy.
    Hell, I think he did it on purpose.
    Only so much one man can take.
    Even a General Officer.
    In the mean time the fearless leader can "Bite Me".

Smitty you can post anything you want, say anything you want. That's why we live here, that's why you wore the uniform

Dan

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    How the hell does a 4-Star sit down with of all people Rolling Stone and agree to an interview. Then open his pie hole and diss the WH and anyone who works there. He does not have to like his Commander In Chief, but needs to shut his pie hole.
    I was hoping he'd do this in Playboy magazine ,that way alot of the troops could read what he said , if they could find the time from all those nice photos that one finds there !

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool So You wanna be the President of the United States do Ya?

When asked by the managing editor of Rollingstone Mag,If He wanted to go thru with publishing his statements He said Yes...So now let Obama know how it feels to have Blood on His hands because of His stupidity as the Commander In Chief.Chit Bush went thru Hell wonder how much sleep Obama is losing over the Deaths of our Sons and Daughters? Obama Talks the Talk now He has too Walk the Walk

Thread Information