What do you do when you have no support?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Before I say anything I want to clarify some things...

1. I will be a Marine. There is no doubt about it. I WILL be a Marine and nothing close to losing both my legs will stop me.
    2. I'm not whining. I know the road to become one is tough and I'm fine with it.

Right now, I am 17 years old and going to be a senior in high school. I've been wanting to become one for the past year. I've talked to some people, I've told friends and relatives of my plans to become a Marine, but there's one thing they all have in common: every person doesn't believe I have it in me to be a Marine.

My parents and extended family have always seen me as frail because I was constantly sick when I was younger. My friends think that because I'm not huge that I don't fit what a soldier, let alone a Marine, should look like. I've been tried to be talked out of many times by multiple people.

There are these forums, but are there other types of support out there? Such as a way to find other Marine wannabes in my area or something (I also apologize if I should've known these things beforehand).

Thank you, Marines.

Don't worry your parents will be there standing proud when you walk across the parade deck.

Physical size does not matter -- the size of your heart and drive is ALL that matters. Stay the course, prove them wrong. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MTN418 View Post
    Before I say anything I want to clarify some things...

1. I will be a Marine. There is no doubt about it. I WILL be a Marine and nothing close to losing both my legs will stop me.
    2. I'm not whining. I know the road to become one is tough and I'm fine with it.

Right now, I am 17 years old and going to be a senior in high school. I've been wanting to become one for the past year. I've talked to some people, I've told friends and relatives of my plans to become a Marine, but there's one thing they all have in common: every person doesn't believe I have it in me to be a Marine.

My parents and extended family have always seen me as frail because I was constantly sick when I was younger. My friends think that because I'm not huge that I don't fit what a soldier, let alone a Marine, should look like. I've been tried to be talked out of many times by multiple people.

There are these forums, but are there other types of support out there? Such as a way to find other Marine wannabes in my area or something (I also apologize if I should've known these things beforehand).

Thank you, Marines.
    I'm going to shoot you a P.M.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just Believe In Yourself.........

Good Luck to You.

Thread Information