fraternization rules
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

fraternization rules

I was just wondering...would the fraternization rules apply if a SSgt or GySgt (infantry) were to date a PFC or LCpl (intel) if the relationship started before the PFC were in the service and it did not interfere with a working relationship?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    you'll have to keep it on the waaaaaaaaaaaaay low!

You or someone you know, must be dating a SSgt or a GySgt (infantry) if you're asking this question.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    yes...he is a SSgt in the infantry and is looking at a promotion possibly next year. I will be leaving for boot camp in September and will be a PFC when I graduate

is he your recuriter?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No he's not

just keep it on the DL. I had a good friend in boot camp dating a GySgt and she was just going in. Just remember that in uniform is a whole different story then when you are out of uniform. Customs and courtesies always.

The Marine Corps does not recognize "dating" as an acceptable relationship status with respect to fraternization. Marriage, yes. Dating, no.

The bottom line, yes, this would be considered an inappropriate relationship and your SSgt friend should know better.

The key words of the policy are "prejudical to good order and discipline". Consider that when you arrive to the fleet as a newly minted Lance Corporal, you will report in to your unit where you will be under the charge of an NCO, probably a Sergeant. That Sergeant will probably have 2-3 other LCpl and below Marines that he is responsible for. As soon as he or she finds out that you're dating a GySgt (doesn't matter where), the impression is that you have top cover. You're not just another LCpl in his charge, regardless of whether or not you ever give one actual indication that this perception might be valid.

As for "the DL"... trust me that nothing is ever kept secret in the Marine Corps. Nothing.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    The Marine Corps does not recognize "dating" as an acceptable relationship status with respect to fraternization. Marriage, yes. Dating, no.

The bottom line, yes, this would be considered an inappropriate relationship and your SSgt friend should know better.

The key words of the policy are "prejudical to good order and discipline". Consider that when you arrive to the fleet as a newly minted Lance Corporal, you will report in to your unit where you will be under the charge of an NCO, probably a Sergeant. That Sergeant will probably have 2-3 other LCpl and below Marines that he is responsible for. As soon as he or she finds out that you're dating a GySgt (doesn't matter where), the impression is that you have top cover. You're not just another LCpl in his charge, regardless of whether or not you ever give one actual indication that this perception might be valid.

As for "the DL"... trust me that nothing is ever kept secret in the Marine Corps. Nothing.
    Welcome back Captain. How was the cruise?

Advise is correct, and you could both be in a world of hurt.

Did I ever mention the time I 'dated' a LCmdr nursie type?

Wow I see trouble brewing on this one. But you will do it anyway and probably get burned. Sorry but that is the way it usually works. I was in a unit that had this problem and, at least in that case, the whole "it's all professional" when you uniforms are on thing was B.S. I never saw a Marine skate so much in my life.

Thread Information