Back with the title OOORAH
Create Post

Back with the title OOORAH

My biggest advice to give any poolee about to ship off is to take everything as a game. I had a blast all through bootcamp, which is more than others can say. There were recruits (now Marines) in my platoon who made themselves miserable by getting all worked up and taking all the shyt the Drill Instructors made us do too seriously. If the Drill Instructors get ****ed off and make you do some crazy shyt, then make it fun, because if you don't, you're only making the situation worse. And what other job training lets you do all the cool stuff you get to do in bootcamp. Just have fun, it'll go by before you know it, and you'll end up missing it when you're home on leave bored.

Congrats on EARNING the title...United States Marine, and welcome to the Marine Corps family.
    Enjoy your leave home with family and friends.

Just one thing I might add here, and I don't mean to come across as being negative on this........but, you can't compare the training that 4th BN goes through to what 1st, 2nd, & 3rd BN's go through. Totally different ballgame.
    Yes, 4th BN trains hard, but 1st, 2nd, & 3rd BN's...just totally different. I'm sure some male Marines will come along and give their 2 cents worth on the training they go through.
    Boot camp/recruit training, is what you make of it. You cam make it easy for yourself, or you can make it the most horrible thing you ever went through in you life.
    In Rocky's famous words...."it is what it is."

Again, CONGRATS to you!

Semper Fi Marine!

Congrats

Only fun game I remember was everyone get in the ****ter room! Last two stalls only! Whos leg is this I can see hmm?? Yep Cross deck.. Ready.. Move!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats, Marine. Welcome to the Gun Club

A positive, motivated attitude, is always good to have in boot camp, regardless of battalion.

Congrats Marine! I agree with Zulu, it is just attitude, in one ear and out the other, keeping the important stuff inside.

That is true, I can't say what 1st, 2nd, and 3rd BTN goes through, but I don't see how it can be much different, you're attitude is what makes it, so it seems like it would be the same situation. And the female Drill Instructors are no joke either And thank you all, it feels great to be part of the family

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie55 View Post
    That is true, I can't say what 1st, 2nd, and 3rd BTN goes through, but I don't see how it can be much different, you're attitude is what makes it, so it seems like it would be the same situation. And the female Drill Instructors are no joke either And thank you all, it feels great to be part of the family
    You seem like you have a great attitude. Keep that up and you'll be one great Marine!
    And I agree with you that those female Drill Instructors are no joke......they're mighty tough !

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats Marine!!!

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

And the female Drill Instructors are no joke either
    Agree!! the worst azz chewing was from a Female Drill Instructor as I was walking to the Chapel, a quick "morning sir!" ruins a day

Congrats Marine. Welcome to the my Marine family.
    As time is available to you.... be there for the Poolees and wannabes as hopefully we were there for you.

So where now?

Congratulations Marine. Welcome to the family.

Thread Information