how physically challenging is mct
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how physically challenging is mct

Right now I'm at camp geiger I've been here for about two weeks since I got put on camp guard. While on camp guard we don't pt and where rarely allowed to go to the gym all we do is watch movies and eat all day. Now I pick up for mct Tuesday and I've gotten in pretty bad shape. If anyone cangive me the scoop of how mct will be it will be greatly appreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ksilvia View Post
    Right now I'm at camp geiger I've been here for about two weeks since I got put on camp guard. While on camp guard we don't pt and where rarely allowed to go to the gym all we do is watch movies and eat all day. Now I pick up for mct Tuesday and I've gotten in pretty bad shape. If anyone cangive me the scoop of how mct will be it will be greatly appreciated.

Who says you can only work out at a gym. You can do pushups, crunches, and there is probably a pullup bar close. I'm sure you have some free time that you could go for a run with permission. Use initiative and imagination.

MCT can be tough, but just be glad you're at Lejuene and not Pendleton.

Yea I do push ups and crunches but no where not allowed to go for runs the only time we can do cardio is when they let us go to the gym which is rarely.

I was on Camp Guard and we PT'd. You have to think out side of the box and put down the remote and popcorn. I spent most of my time outside in the smoke pit with a dip in exercising. Then on the 4 hour posts at night it is called speed walking, depending on who I was on post with we would cover between 5-10miles worth of walking at least.

Improvise, adapt, and overcome

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post

Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thezero View Post
    I was on Camp Guard and we PT'd. You have to think out side of the box and put down the remote and popcorn. I spent most of my time outside in the smoke pit with a dip in exercising. Then on the 4 hour posts at night it is called speed walking, depending on who I was on post with we would cover between 5-10miles worth of walking at least.
    did they give you the pack radios to patrol with? I remember getting a pack radio and not the new ones they have today lol. Patroling with that for 4 hours sucked!

MCT (east atleast) is really almost a joke physically. We did 3 formation runs in boots and utes, but it was slow because there were a few females that were falling out. Did a few mcmap remediations... that was a joke. We did a rifle pt session at 306, that was a little challenging, but nothing compared to boot camp.

The 3 mile hike out to the 203/AT4 range is only challenging because you have your day back with your flak wrapped around it.. and those sappy plates dont fit well on your back.. After that i would flip the front sappy plate around so the curvature would be toward my back.. made it easier.

The 10-15k were not bad at all. A buddy of mine here was in an all male company and said his hikes were a little challenging, but nothing to severe. Definitely not like the ones at boot camp.

Everything there is all mental. They'll **** with your sleep if your platoon sucks. You'll practice fire-and-movement/buddy rushing drills (in place) on the rock hard ground.You'll have to deal with multiple power hungry motivated squad leaders, guides. I swear to god we had about 50 (hypocritcal I should add) squad leaders in our platoon of 100. Retarded, yes.

Dont worry about the physical aspect of it. If youre in an all male company/platoon you'll have it a little harder than the mixed-gender training, but nothing to severe.

Komenko, they gave us the newer radios. It would have been cool to get a pack radio, give us more of a challenge while trying to patrol while jogging/fast hiking.

Capital M you were in a male/female platoon? My instructors would PT us when ever they had the chance and it would be a break off but it wasn't that bad. And the hikes on range also depend on your instructors and if you are a mixed platoon or not. Then the Co. hikes were always fun if you were a road guard.

yea your right I wish I would have thought of some of this stuff but its pretty much too late anyway we start MCT tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by thezero View Post
    Capital M you were in a male/female platoon? .

Yeah, it sucked. No offense to the WMarines out there but it made me glad I'm in an all male MOS.

ITS BEEN 20yrs SINCE BEING A CORPMAN AT MCT . YOU WOULD SPEND ALL YOUR TIME IN THE WOODS,hump every where. to me it look like it was more mentally then physically challenging.WEEKENDS NO LIBERTY YOU WOULD STAY IN THE WOODS . REMEMBER THIS WAS 20YRS AGO

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    ITS BEEN 20yrs SINCE BEING A CORPMAN AT MCT . YOU WOULD SPEND ALL YOUR TIME IN THE WOODS,hump every where. to me it look like it was more mentally then physically challenging.WEEKENDS NO LIBERTY YOU WOULD STAY IN THE WOODS . REMEMBER THIS WAS 20YRS AGO
    Hasn't changed doc. MCT east still doesn't get weekend libo, after that first week we do spend most of the time out in the ' field'. It is all mental due to the utter stupidity and disorganization of the training

It's not that bad. The most physically challenging thing would probably be the lack of sleep.

Thread Information