Hearing test during recieving
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Hearing test during recieving

I leave for basic in 30 days but am worried about the hearing test during recieving. I passed the test at meps last year but had recently had hearing damage where i lost some high pitch hearing. Is this something to worry about or something i should get a waiver for? The last thing I want is to go there and get discharged.

The hardest part of the hearing test was the fact that you've been up a couple of days, its hot in the booth, and you have to keep awake. I thought I failed because I passed out for 10 seconds a few times. Still passed. You should be fine. I think they're just looking for a baseline hearing level down at receiving

I don't remember doing a hearing test at Boot Camp, just the one at MEP's oh well guess I burned the not so important stuff at MCRD out of my memory haha

Edit: I just remember the yelling, and training. Some of the medical stuff I remember like the Great A$$ shot of July 2001 hahahaha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I don't remember doing a hearing test at Boot Camp, just the one at MEP's oh well guess I burned the not so important stuff at MCRD out of my memory haha

Edit: I just remember the yelling, and training. Some of the medical stuff I remember like the Great A$$ shot of July 2001 hahahaha
    That's the shot done with the square needle, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    That's the shot done with the square needle, right?

I can't hear you, ZULU...

They have a hearing test in boot camp now?

Quote Originally Posted by eazyrider View Post
    They have a hearing test in boot camp now?

Yes Sgt. It happens with all the medical in-processing along with the eye and dental exams, immunizations and blood work

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Yes Sgt. It happens with all the medical in-processing along with the eye and dental exams, immunizations and blood work
    Well that is a new one. Seems kind of redundant.

and all the amtrackers said huh?

Quote Originally Posted by micarr57 View Post
    and all the amtrackers said huh?
    Say again.

Thread Information