Chopper Gunner?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chopper Gunner?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Chopper Gunner?

Hello to all Marines on leatherneck, Right now im talking with my recruiter about infantry and im getting alot more interested in this field then i previously was. My friend who is a Poole is leaving for boot on August 9th as a Chopper Gunner.
    I didnt know they had this MOS, and i dont know whats the real name for it, so if any Marines on here can provide some information on it, it would be appreciated thank you.

Credits
    Savings
    Chopper Gunner???

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Chopper Gunner???
    [IMG]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0906/*****en-chick-hot-bike-motorcycle-gun-m4-m16-demotivational-poster-1245449927.jpg[/IMG]
    I hear it is a *****en job

Fail on my last. Here is what I was trying to post.

Aviation Crew chief, believe it or not, is what you are thinking of.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Aviation Crew chief, believe it or not, is what you are thinking of.
    Now I get it.

Me, me, me.

Twas me.

Are you sure because there are chopper gunners on Call of Duty.

Credits
    Savings
    Gunners were not an MOS.

Crew Chief was.

Gunners were and could be anyone, twidgets, bubble chasers, tin benders, admin, supply, whatever.

You also don't get to pick your bird so you may end up on a 46 or 53. Not a whole lot of action on those. That is a 5 year enlistment to do that so be advised. Basically crew chiefs are Flightline guys that also fly. They work on the birds more than they fly in them. But they do fly and it can be fun.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by eazyrider View Post
    You also don't get to pick your bird so you may end up on a 46 or 53. Not a whole lot of action on those. That is a 5 year enlistment to do that so be advised. Basically crew chiefs are Flightline guys that also fly. They work on the birds more than they fly in them. But they do fly and it can be fun.
    Oh, i didnt know that it was an extra year. Im guessing its all the extra traning that you have to go through? so its tottaly random whether your a combat oriented crew chief or one that just checks on choppers? if thats the case ill have to think if thats the chance im willing to take, and yea i would much rather be the guy in the helicopter then just work on them from the ground, i could join the airforce to do that lol.

All crew chiefs fly. At least on the Rotar side. It's just that cargo helicopters don't fight often where as the Huey does. That is the difference.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by eazyrider View Post
    All crew chiefs fly. At least on the Rotar side. It's just that cargo helicopters don't fight often where as the Huey does. That is the difference.
    So is it tottaly random whether your assigned to cargo helo's? Are all crew chiefs the same or are their different types of crew chiefs that you can apply for?

It's been a while so things may have changed but a recruiter could tell you. I would imagine it's still the needs of the Corps but I don't know for sure.

c130's also have crew chiefs.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    c130's also have crew chiefs.
    AC130's you mean? yea im really interested in planes, helicopters etc and being in the air, im also interested in infantry. even if im not the one doing the combat on a helo/plane it would be fine with me as long as im on one i hear its a blast and i know alot of people resign after their enlistment is over to do it again. I would hate to get stuck on a cargo helo. talk about a crummy way to get deployed to afghan.

Thread Information