"Unsat", Suck, and the Corps
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Unsat", Suck, and the Corps

There have been several threads here over the last months about being a real Marine, fake Marines....

Anyhow, I think the real test is our language. And it changes.

First few weeks of boot in 87, 'unsat' was something I wasn't quite sure what they were saying...

'You muther****ers are muther****ing unsat muthers unsat bullshet notgoing fly unsat...'

Then our generation used the 'Suck' to call the Corps. FTS. The Suck. Earlier Marines I drink with now that I am old call it the Crotch or the Green Weenie, but that is their time.

Then devil dog, which was already run into the ground when I was in, is now an insult.

So, anyway, unsat and the suck are clues for me from my turn in the Suck that someone else was in. I assume that the modern guys have their words.

I got out in 87 and I guarantee you those terms where well in use before i went in hence way before you went in.

Credits
    Savings

Marine "terms"

Quote Originally Posted by Garyius View Post
    There have been several threads here over the last months about being a real Marine, fake Marines....

Anyhow, I think the real test is our language. And it changes.

First few weeks of boot in 87, 'unsat' was something I wasn't quite sure what they were saying...

'You muther****ers are muther****ing unsat muthers unsat bullshet notgoing fly unsat...'

Then our generation used the 'Suck' to call the Corps. FTS. The Suck. Earlier Marines I drink with now that I am old call it the Crotch or the Green Weenie, but that is their time.

Then devil dog, which was already run into the ground when I was in, is now an insult.

So, anyway, unsat and the suck are clues for me from my turn in the Suck that someone else was in. I assume that the modern guys have their words.
    U)ncle S)ams M)isguided C)hildren Crotch /Green Weenie/ the suck/ U)s S)uckers M)issed C)hristmas during my time in S/F Moz

True Marine

I was in from 85-89 I have never used the word suck although it was in use I enjoyed my time in the Corps I use unsat and in a heartbeat often and Devil Dog and JarHead.So you might hear a few things from me but never suck but I assure you i am a true Marine.Semper Fi is also one of my favorite greetings as well as Marine.

The first time I heard "Suck" was in that crappy movie about Desert Storm written by the whinny STA guy.

Green Weenie has been used a lot around my time, but not by many people.

Devil Dog is an insult situationally, mostly if you "Devil Dog" someone with some decent TIS, its an insult. But for junior Marines its kind of affectionate. Sort of like mijo in Spanish, or habibi in Arabic I guess.

Particularly in line companies...uber moto language is discouraged.

Unsat is still pretty common I suppose, but not in my company.

If someone is called "Marine" when the person calling for them clearly knows who they are...its usually because they are in trouble.

we were unsat when we were prives were in the suck got the green weenie devil dog was a well used drunk greeting also Marine followed by yea you in the green outfit with the black goots out ****ing standing

unsat, suck, green wennie, devil dog, jarhead, leatherneck, inkstick, porthole, hatch, port side, starboard side, cammies, blues, deck, deck towel, nasty, animal, grunt, yut, yat-yas, oohrah, semper fi, etc.

Yeah that sounds like our language, I want a Marine Corps dictionary dam$it haha!!

bullet sponge?

The ones that often stump me at first are those used by other folks who respect my service but were not ever in them selves for example one of my supervisors recently called me bullet sponge. and it was intended affectionately.

In the late 60's we used all those terms except unsat, that's kinda new to me. We mainly called each other MO-Rene

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    we just called it the croch in nam cuzz they kept puting us in the sh!tiest ...never heard the term suck

The croch is what we called it Nam also. We were known as Uncle Sam's croch. I never heard any of the other terms used, not saying they wern't, i don't remember them.

I remember suck and FTS well and the long green weenie
    once in a while.
    I once overheard the 1st.Shirt say something about The Crotch
    to the Gunny but we were in the field in the Stumps.
    I just thought he was talking about the sand in his skivvies.
    He was in Veit Nam from what I understood from the Gunny.
    I just happened to be the C.O.'s driver at the time so I got
    to hear and see all kinds of privilaged stuff no one else of
    my low rank did.
    Being what I thought was a good young Marine I never
    talked about anything even if asked.
    I didn't know sh1t and the Boss never told me anything

I remember Crotch and green winnie and we called it the U)University of S)Science M)music and C)Culture and the only time Unsat was used was when someone high up screwed up and got us in a jam and Marines got hurt.

My gunny calls non rates "blood thursties". Im not much for moto crap, but i like it.

I would prefer "pipe hitter" but im gonna have to go SF to earn that title.

Thread Information