Christianity pure and simple - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am very happy with the Church of the FSM.

Credits
    Savings

Whats he/she ever.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I am very happy with the Church of the FSM.

done for you Nel ?

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    done for you Nel ?
    Gary I think call themselves Pastafarians.........

Commander you are correct.

Gary about as much as Jesus has ever done for me which is pretty much nothing.

Dave he asked I answered. I will not debate my religious or political views but I just wanted to ruffle some feathers.

I don't think you need evidence. Believe if you want to or not. It is a state of mind and a personal belief. More power to everyone regardless of affiliation. I won't judge people based on religious beliefs.

Credits
    Savings

Feathers...............

Dave he asked I answered. I will not debate my religious or political views but I just wanted to ruffle some feathers.

Like most of my hair they have fallen off too !

We could always try the old method or reapplying with tar.

Credits
    Savings

Nope......................

We could always try the old method or reapplying with tar.

I'll pass on that method but thanx anyhow

Hey just trying to help you out brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    That's great, but I'm talking about post 17. I really could care less who believes and who doesn't.
    People want evidence evidence evidence, and they say they've looked at it but they have not. So who is BSing who? LOL
    really? I haven't looked at it? seriously? Well, you don't know me, and I don't know you, so I will tell you how much I haven't looked at.
    I majored in theology for two years. I own, and read the major religious works of all religions on a constant basis. I read all those books, the ones written by supposed former atheists, who have now "found the light". even read that book by the kid who "died and went to heaven". I have read the works of jocephus, the nag hammadi scrolls, the gnostic gospels, all the works of st. augustine, and even a few books on paganism, witchcraft, and the satanic bible.

But you are right about one thing. Faith is what counts. I simply have no faith in the religions of and created by man. I prefer to go to the source. I have GREAT faith in God.

I also stated, that if something works for you, and it helps you through the day, then I never have and never will have a problem with it.

The only thing I have ever had a problem with is someone claiming that THEIR way is the one and only truth. If thats what they BELIEVE, then fine, but they don't KNOW that, any more than I KNOW that MY way is the truth.

I don't know it. It just feels right to me. Just as your way feels right to you.

Best of luck to us both, cause I seriously doubt either of us deserves to spend eternity in hell! lol

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    When I became a Marine. It was God, Country, and Corps. What happened to change that? I heard many Marines cry out when they were wounded. While they lay there, thinking they might die. Ive heard a lot of name calling. Mama, their wife, but mostly it was God. I know there is a lot of tough ass, hard Corps. Marines around here. But when your all shot up, or blown up, with your guts hanging out. Your gonna cry out for something. I did it, Fistfu did it ,Caption Kirk did it, we all did it. Why do you do it ? Mostly because your afraid of dying. I called out to God, because I thought I was fixing to meet him. We are all going to die, one way or the other. Where we have it on you is when we are drawing our last breath, we wont panic. We know where we are going. Where are you going Marine?

me? i am going the same place as everyone else. All paths lead to God. As for dying? never have been afraid of it. never will be. not saying that to seem tough. I am not now, nor have I ever thought of myself as tough. I simply came to terms with the fact that I would die about 25 years ago. now PAIN! Pain scares the crap out of me, but death is nothing to fear, since we all have to do it

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardJedi View Post
    me? i am going the same place as everyone else. All paths lead to God. As for dying? never have been afraid of it. never will be. not saying that to seem tough. I am not now, nor have I ever thought of myself as tough. I simply came to terms with the fact that I would die about 25 years ago. now PAIN! Pain scares the crap out of me, but death is nothing to fear, since we all have to do it
    Michael, I wasnt referring to you. Im asking those who beleive there is no God.

gotcha. my bad. lol

Thread Information