Does an inspector have to be in the uniform of the Marines he's inspecting? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not one of you Marines have been inspected until you were inspected by " THE BRUIT" The worst thing a Marine could was to look down at THE BRUIT

What is the basis of this question? I have inspected my Marine's Bravos before he posted to Barracks duty while I was in my cammies. I have inspected Marines wearing their Service Alphas while I was wearing Dress Blue Alphas and if some little turd tried to walk away while I was inspecting his/her uniform they would have certainly been inspected in each one of their uniforms the following morning.

PT Uniform
    Cammies
    Service Charlies
    Service Bravos
    Service Alphas
    Dress Blue Deltas
    Dress Blue Charlies

Gosh that would have been a great thing to do. Why didn't any of my Marines try something like that? Oh, it didn't take them too long to realize that my form of discipline was both unique and effective.

I stood a J O B inspection in Hawaii by the inspector general of the Marine Corps. we were in utilites and the inspection party were wearing tropicals.

LOL...Chindi, yeah. I dare ya to try that.

Have you ever been inspected by the Sec. of the Navy? I have. The Commander in Chief has the right to inspect any and all troops.

The intent of the practice is that the Inspectors can present themselves as a demonstration of the correct uniform when they point out a discrepancy. This way the Marine being corrected is 100% clear on the proper way they need to correct themselves.

It's a courtesy to the Marine being inspected, and an instance of leading by example. It should be treated as such.
    Though, if you want to tell your NCO/SNCO to go frolick themselves because they aren't wearing the same uniform as you when they are taking their time to ensure you, their Marine, are squared away, then by all means go ahead. It will be the best way for you to learn.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You used a TL term.

But agree 100 percent.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CHINDI View Post
    I guess that's just me being belligerent

Good guess. Go with your instinct and don't ever try that in real life.

There isn't an order, per se, because as some of you gentlemen, pointed out there are perfectly good times when you might not be in the same uniform.

That said, yes, all the PMEs teach you to do this and with good reason. Not only do you set the example but it helps you to be understanding and a better leader. Sure I could walk in to work tomorrow and tell all the Marines that I will see them at lunch in their Alphas but that would be pretty dick with no good reason. If I have to take all the time and preparation they do, I just might adjust the timeline a little.

I'm starting to ramble so I will now secure my trap. S/F

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You used a TL term.

But agree 100 percent.

His name is the same on TL too

That's because I don't say anything on either forum that I'd be embarrassed about or unable to defend.
    Got nothing to hide.

And I think there can easily be a happy medium between the two. Both cater to different schools of thought....but we are much alike in many ways.

Thread Information