Flag Day - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flag Day

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    June 14

Thirteen Stars and Thirteen Stripes. It was on JUNE 14, 1777, that the Second Continental Congress selected the Flag of the United States.

In 1916, Woodrow Wilson signed the Proclamation making JUNE 14 "National Flag Day."

On Flag Day, 1942, Franklin D. Roosevelt stated: "The belief in man, created free, in the image of God-is the crucial difference between ourselves and the enemies we face...God of the free...grant us victory over the tyrants who would enslave all free men."

On JUNE 14, 1954, Dwight Eisenhower signed Joint Resolution (Public Law 396) adding the phrase "One Nation Under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.

Eisenhower stated: "From this day forward, the millions of our school children will daily proclaim in every city and town, every village and rural school house, the dedication of our nation and our people to the Almighty. To anyone who truly loves America, nothing could be more inspiring than...this rededication of our youth, on each school morning, to our country's true meaning."

President Eisenhower ended: "In this way we are reaffirming the transcendence of religious faith in America's heritage and future; in this way we shall constantly strengthen those spiritual weapons which forever will be our country's most powerful resource, in peace or in war."

EVERY DAY IS FLAG DAY!!!!!!!!!!
    I have flown the colors (along with the MARINE CORPS colors) every day that I was physically able in every location that I dropped the hook. When I became disabled. we put a spot-light on the flag pole and we have the colors 24Hours steady. The light is on
    automatically at dusk. Checked and legal display.
    Our children grew up with the flags.
    We started doing this at houses we owned had the room to install a flag pole. This started when I got out fo school.
    SEMPER FIDELIS
    Keep the Faith and I love all my BROTHERS

It's a shame not even television or radio stations in our area said anything about being flag day. Not one word was mentioned, the only word that was said about flag day was from the telegram newspaper in our local town. It's funny that nobody remembers flag daymore around here. I shouldn't say funny but instead I should say sad.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    It's a shame not even television or radio stations in our area said anything about being flag day. Not one word was mentioned, the only word that was said about flag day was from the telegram newspaper in our local town. It's funny that nobody remembers flag daymore around here. I shouldn't say funny but instead I should say sad.
    Not even a mention until todays local rag. A couple of Pols saluting the flag with a bunch of school kids. A photo op, that's all it was. Yes, I agree it is sad and it will get sadder

Thread Information