Marines, I need your answers (MIP lastnight)
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marines, I need your answers (MIP lastnight)

Lastnight my friends and I went to a party (Mind you I never drink, this was the first time in 4 or so months after I already had my other 2 MIPS), the original plan was to crash there but everyone ended up having to leave, we got a sober driver who had nothing to drink to drive us home in my car. We get pulled over and get breathlyzed, I fail, I barley blew over .02, not that it matters, I shouldnt have been drinking in the first place. I'm in the process of enlisting but haven't been sworn in or been up to MEPS, will this effect my chances of enlisting? If I get everything taken care of as far as fees and things like that should I be okay?

Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Occupation None
    Maureen Corpse Enlistment Possibility
    None

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Not Looking Good...............

I am confused.

You got tested and you were driving? Or you got tested and you were a passenger?

What is the ticket for if you got one?

It would be for minor consuming. Concerning enlistment... I would say you are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
    I am confused.

You got tested and you were driving? Or you got tested and you were a passenger?

What is the ticket for if you got one?

I was a passenger and the ticket was for consuming.

I know it took me a while to figure out he was a minor. It's been a while since I was one. I was like who cares about .02? But now that I get it I think your screwed. You say you never drink but have two other "MIPS", love the damn acronym by the way". You have got to be kidding me, you know how many times I drank underage? Lots and guess how many tickets I got for it? None. How is it even possible to get caught three times?

Quote Originally Posted by eazyrider View Post
    I know it took me a while to figure out he was a minor. It's been a while since I was one. I was like who cares about .02? But now that I get it I think your screwed. You say you never drink but have two other "MIPS", love the damn acronym by the way". You have got to be kidding me, you know how many times I drank underage? Lots and guess how many tickets I got for it? None. How is it even possible to get caught three times?
    Guessing the higher power just wants me to go nowhere in life so he sets me up for getting caught 3 times? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaberekeke View Post
    Guessing the higher power just wants me to go nowhere in life so he sets me up for getting caught 3 times? Probably.
    Wow, that was depressing. However, no one other than yourself set yourself to get caught; it really just comes down to poor decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaberekeke View Post
    Don't blame the "higher power for setting you up to get caught 3 times".......blame yourself.
    This is just a pi$$ poor excuse for you not taking responsibility for your own actions.

It was 110% my fault, I know. I'm so ****ed at myself that I'm blaming other people, I ruined my dream, now I have no idea where to go in life, I had everything planned out. This blows.

You just need to be honest with your recruiter, maybe everything will work out.

Young man, at least you and the others were thoughtful enough to get someone who was sober to drive. Be thankful that none of you who were drinking decided to drive and then wound up getting into an accident that could've taken lives.

The only thing I can suggest to you is to talk with a recruiter face-to-face. They are the only ones who can tell you what your chances really are of joining the Marine Corps or not.

Thanks for the words Sergeant and PFC. Its time drop those friends, I think I just need to drop the social life completely right now and put every inch of my focus into getting myself into the Corps.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Disqualification--A waiver is required for any applicant who has--

1. Received a civil court conviction or other adverse dispositions for six or more minor traffic offenses where the fine was $100 or more per offense.
    2. Received three or more civil convictions or other adverse dispositions for minor nontraffic offenses.
    3. Received 2, 3, or 4 civil convictions or other adverse dispositions for a misdemeanor offense.
    4. Received a total of three civil convictions or other adverse dispositions for a combination of minor non traffic and misdemeanor (1 misdemeanor and 2 minor non traffic).
    5. Has received 1 conviction or adverse disposition for a DUI/DWI
    6. Any offense with a fine of $100 or more, excluding court cost and including traffic offenses.
    7. Any offense where confinement was ordered, regardless of suspended sentence or deferred disposition.
    8. Any offense regardless of disposition (other than "not guilty") that involve contributing to the delinquency of a minor, spouse or child abuse and any sex related crime. Also any offense under chapter 4 that is listed as a misdemeanor.

You can try for a waiver....but first all your legal things must be adjucated.

And at this present time the Marine Corps are not giving waivers.

But like stated this is something that needs to be brought up to a recruiter.

Dropping those friends is a start....

But if you continue the lifestyle and path that you are on with this....you need not blame your "Friends"....

Take a close look at the man in the mirror!

If you drop them.....will you find another set of "buddies" to party with....because of boredom on Saturday nights?

Thread Information