World Cup: England v. USA
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

World Cup: England v. USA

No game on Day 2 is bigger than the World Cup betting matchup in Group C when the US and England go head to head in battle of former colony vs. former colony master.

England has the upper hand in this matchup by a wide margin, at least in the World Cup odds action. The English are roughly 2:1 favorites coming at 8:15 odds on most soccer betting boards. The US is long shots in the 2010 World Cup odds action at 13:2 in this matchup.

However, as this is the first game of the World Cup betting for both teams nerves are likely to play a huge role in the outcome of this sports betting matchup.

For the US it’s a good thing to that they’re playing the most difficult team in the Group stage first as that’s when it will have the best chance to upset the more highly favored English squad. Both teams have not had the opportunity to become use to the playing in the World Cup betting yet and the hype surrounding the event, and so the footing will be somewhat equal.

The US should have striker Josie Altidore back in the starting lineup and this will give the team a huge boost as he’s the only scorer with world class ability on the US squad and he’s got good size to match up with the stolid English defenders. The English squad is still reeling from the loss of captain and defensive stalwart Rio Ferdinand.

If the US can take advantage of the loss of Ferdinand and Altidore and Co. can find the net early the US has a chance to win this game. England will be playing with immense pressure on their shoulders and this game may be a great chance for the US team to steal a win.

world cup hmmmm tennis?

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

US Soccer

US beats England 1-1.

A tie for the US is a win against a great team like England

Credits
    Savings
    With any luck our group of slovenly degenerates will be filing onboard an aeroplane very shortly. Then all the mania can be erased from the minds of the plebeian masses. Well done the USA team.

I remain a devotee of Rugby Union. A similar sport in many ways to American Football, fortunately we can still beat the USA team, but they are improving and will one day have their moment in history. Hopefully I will by then be mere dust in the memory.

Incidentally yellowwing, nice tits!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Still as beautiful as ever,Rob,and I agree with your sentiments re soccer v Rugby,no contest.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Parry View Post
    With any luck our group of slovenly degenerates will be filing onboard an aeroplane very shortly. Then all the mania can be erased from the minds of the plebeian masses. Well done the USA team.

I remain a devotee of Rugby Union. A similar sport in many ways to American Football, fortunately we can still beat the USA team, but they are improving and will one day have their moment in history. Hopefully I will by then be mere dust in the memory.

Incidentally yellowwing, nice tits!
    I would agree about Rugby, hands down the English would win. Spent some time Down Under,really enjoyed Aussie Football. Crazy SOB's, often thought with it's high scoring and quick pace it would catch on here in the States

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I remember rugby being quite popular on the West Coast, ie, San Francisco Bay Area...the Old Blues and the like. Was it a coincidence that every rugby player, amateur, I have ever met was sporting some sort of bandage or muscle wrap? Rugby always kind of reminded me of a quick trip to the emergency hospital.
    Soccer was my Father's game, his sons, my brother and I, were given the choice of which football to play...we chose American football ...because we could use our hands .
    All sports are good to go. It all depends on which sport you were brought up on, or which sport was available to play.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    Rugby always kind of reminded me of a quick trip to the emergency hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    Rugby always kind of reminded me of a quick trip to the emergency hospital.
    Just because I split my nose on a stiff-arm to the face and broke my collar bone three days later(in practice). Doesn't make it true.

Soccer is played for 90 mins by boys pretending they are injured.
    Rugby is played for 80 mins, by Men pretending they are NOT injured
    Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey A084739 View Post
    Nuff Said

Credits
    Savings
    Nuff Said
    That's why I can't watch World Cup, too many swan dives!

Nuff Said

or to put it another way

Marines play rugby
    flyboys play soccer

Credits
    Savings
    or to put it another way

Marines play rugby
    flyboys play soccer
    You'll have to ask someone about that whose a "flyboy" in the Air Force. In the Navy and Marines, it's an Aviator.

What part of N. Ireland are you from? My family left Derry in the 1890's

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Germany took it to Australia. I have to say that Germany got by with some really bad acting and the red card was bunk. One of the commentators said he was shot by an imaginary sniper.

I think they should just let em duke it out like they do in hockey. Yellow card them if they must and let the game continue. Taking a guy out of the game for tripping is stupid.

Thread Information