Colonel’s Wife Accused of Harassing Soldiers
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colonel’s Wife Accused of Harassing Soldiers

I know this is Army, but I wanted to post it anyway. I'm glad the Ft. Bragg Commander barred this Colonels wife. Anyone ever run into this kinda thing when they where in the Corps. I know I did on occasion, always ticked me off. Wifes who think they have power because there husband has some brass.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...Colonels_Wife/

Last edited by echo3oscar1833; 06-11-10 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Link didn't work, reposting another

And this is why why job is great. Spouses come in all the time trying to tell me stuff and whatnot, and it just never works out in their favor. POWERLESS!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I know this is Army, but I wanted to post it anyway. I'm glad the Ft. Bragg Commander barred this Colonels wife. Anyone ever run into this kinda thing when they where in the Corps. I know I did on occasion, always ticked me off. Wifes who think they have power because there husband has some brass.

Years ago I read a cute story in the Reader's Digest Humor in Uniform segment.

A new 2d Lt's young wife was attending one of those military wives things for the first time. She was surrounded by women saying, "Oh, my husband is colonel so-and-so," or "Major so-and so." Etc.

She was looking rather lost when the general's wife pulled her aside and was chatting with her and asked why she looked so sad and lost. The young woman told her.

The general's wife told her, "The next time one of those old biddies tells you their husband is a colonel or something, you just reply, "My husband is 23-years old."

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post

Not in the Corps, but since I've been activated so many times in the Air Force Reserves, yes....a bit.

Wonder if the Base Commander told her to STFU haha!!!

Snobbery!!

That is called 'The Pecking Order'. Unfortunatly there are those types, in every branch of service. I have always hoped that they were few and far between. With a wife like that one, I have to wonder, Does that Col. live up to his name?? Just a thought. S/F!!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    I'd do her.

In 1987, I was on convalescent leave after having major reconstructive knee surgery. The day I was released from the hospital (Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS, closest Orthopedic surgeon available to NAS Dallas, my duty station at the time) I went to the base PX to pick up a few necessities. I was on crutches, with my right leg in a full cast from crotch to ankle. A old biddy came up behind me and hit me with her shopping cart. I turned and said " excuse me, I'll get out of your way as fast as I can, can't you see I'm on crutches"? This bi%ch says back ( as she pulls back her shopping cart and prepares to ram it forward to hit me again) "you get out of my way...MY HUSBAND is a retired COLONEL in the AIR FORCE...and you better get out of my way or I'll hit you again"!!! Never having been known for having a "slow blow" fuze, or "excessive amounts of tact" under certain circumstances, I looked her straight in the eyes and told her " yeah *****, and I'm an Active Duty United States Marine, and if you hit me with that cart again, I'm gonna shove it straight up your skinny ass"!!! She got this totally horrified look on her wrinkled sour old puss, and immediate turned aroung and disappeared up another isle...left her cart right where it was and disappeared, LOL...I finished my shopping and went home...never saw her again.

I would have smacked her with a crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    I would have smacked her with a crutch.
    If I had thought for one minute that I'd have been able to maintain my balance (first time in my life, first day even, on crutches), but I was having enough problems not falling on my face as it was, I'd have done just that! Talk about pizzed....I could have spit nails, expecially after she mouthed off and was getting ready to hit me again...

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Col. Drinkwine??? Yes with a wife like than I'm sure he does, quite frequently and in large quantity

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    If I had thought for one minute that I'd have been able to maintain my balance (first time in my life, first day even, on crutches), but I was having enough problems not falling on my face as it was, I'd have done just that! Talk about pizzed....I could have spit nails, expecially after she mouthed off and was getting ready to hit me again...
    Understood. It is completely unfathomable to me why anyone would do that to someone else -- especially someone obviously on crutches.

The old bat's probably dead now so she'll have to answer for her "Christian" behavior.

On one of the bases my MOS school instructor had been there was a section in the base paper where the base CO would reply to letters written by people on the base. One officers wife wrote to him about the lack of respect from the base sentries. She had come through the gate showed a dependants ID and they refused to salute her. She then went on to ramble how she worked hard for him to be an officer and she deserved to be saluted and respected for it. The base CO then replied to the wife in the base news paper "Excuse me ma'am let me get some oats for the high horse your riding" and then went on to tell her they owed her nothing and that she needed to get off her high horse. My instructor was Air force by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    That is called 'The Pecking Order'. Unfortunatly there are those types, in every branch of service. I have always hoped that they were few and far between. With a wife like that one, I have to wonder, Does that Col. live up to his name?? Just a thought. S/F!!! Ken
    Maybe it should be Drinkwhiskey!

Maurice

Thread Information