Question on graduation photos
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question on graduation photos

My son will be graduating soon and I was wondering if anyone knows of a site or process to obtain bootcamp photos online. I have been monitoring the http://www.devildogs.info/ site, and even sent them an email with no reply. I know I will get some in the regular mail, but that will take some time, and I am impatient to see him in his uniform. Any assistance would be appreciated.

If your son graduated from MCRD SD below is a link that will lead you to the Platoon Section Video. Go to the correct Battalion and then to the correct Company. Right now the videos for Graduation date June 11, 2010 are up. I know you already have the link... but I wasn't sure if you had looked at the Battalion information yet.

http://www.devildogs.info/

MCRD PI .... does not appear to have the video up online, but they can be order. At least I cannot find an online link for the Platoon Section Video for PI.

Here's a link from RecruitParents.com with more information:
    http://www.recruitparents.com/bootcamp/photos.asp

The RecruitParents link has lots of information on ordering from both MCRD SD and MCRD PI.
    I hope the above leads you to where you can order some bootcamp pictures online.

Many blessings to you and your new Marine

P.S. .... I hope you order the DVD .... if your son hasn't ordered already ... it's a keeper!

Credits
    Savings
    Is the Devildogs.info website only for buying that video? They do not have actual photos online? My son is in 1st Bn, Delta Co, Plt 1074... and the website does not list that. Part of my confusion I guess.

If your son hasn't graduated yet, the pics and videos won't be up yet. They only post them when graduation has already taken place, not until then.

dphilpott,

I have never seen photos of individual Marines for an entire Platoon or graduating class available for viewing online. I am assuming that you are talking about the standard photo, a Marine with the Marine Corps Flag in the background that each new recruit takes while in bootcamp. Those I do not believe you will find as a collection on any website, but your son will have been given the time and opportunity to order his portrait pictures while in bootcamp. The thing is at the time that those pictures are taken your son, or any other of the recruits, are not yet Marines...they are still recruits. I would think that making pictures available online (for viewing or purchasing) for those who have not yet earned the privilege of being a Marine would not be an OK thing to do. Matter-of-fact I'm sure of it.

As WMarine mentioned you'll have to wait until after your son graduates. All of the new Marines are given an opportunity to order portrait photos, yearbooks and DVDs .... but if he did not order any, the link at RecruitParents.com should help you find where to order pictures, yearbook or DVD that you want.

The only thing that is available online for viewing, but not purchasing, before graduation is the Platoon video, but that too is closer to the graduation date. From best I can remember the Platoon video was up two weeks before the graduation date ..... however, I believe that the Platoon videos for MCRD SD are the only ones you can see online. It appears that there are Platoon videos for MCRD PI...but they have to be ordered, as do the other items available, after graduation (if the parent is ordering).

The Devildogs.info site only has the Platoon videos for MCRD SD. If your son is at MCRD SD and his graduation date is more that two weeks away it probably would not be up yet.

Where is your son .... at MCRD SD or MCRD PI?

You will notice too at the RecruitParents.com link that when ordering graduation yearbooks, photos, DVD that it has to be done with a phone call.

Hope that helps.

I know on PI's facebook page they will post photo's taken throughout training and post them once that company has graduated. That is how I got some of mine, I don't believe they had graduation photos though.

Credits
    Savings
    He is at MCRD SD, and I thought his graduation was very very close. Being in the Philippines does create communication gaps. I do appreciate all of the information. And I guess I will have to be a bit more patient. I will certainly purchase any and all material that I can, was just hoping to be able to get one photo "quickly". You never know how fast a DvD or anything else will take to arrive via postal mail.

Again, thank you for the assistance.

Bootcamp is 13 weeks.

I can understand how you feel ...

i sure hope you tried the yuku site. I found 5 or 6 pics of my son DURING bootcamp. He was at PI, so i dont know much about the SD site.

What is the yuku site? My son will be leaving for PI in September.

I've been lurking on this site ever since my son was in DEP....over a year now, but this time I actually have something worthwhile to add, so here's my first post!

My son just graduated at MCRD SD 3 weeks ago, and he gave me the graduation photo package he had ordered when we got together on Family Day. I saw lots of new Marines and their parents walking around with the tan envelopes, so they must have just distributed them to they guys that day.

Geez, now I guess I'll have to add a profile pic!

Thread Information