Insight
Create Post

Thread: Insight

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Insight

A few months back I sprained my arm snowboarding before my initial trip to meps I actually failed to do my pull ups at the recruit station prior to leaving for meps SSgt and my recruiter were aware and decided I'd be fine to go regardless so after that long day at meps when I was asked to do my pull ups my right arm gave out after my first pull up

we went back inside and after a problem free day and I was informed that I was a tier 2 enlistee and told I had no chance in hell in the Marines

I do have my diploma so I'm not quite sure how I'm considered a Tier 2 enlistee

Your tier 2 because you couldn't do pullups at MEPS.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner614 View Post
    Your tier 2 because you couldn't do pullups at MEPS.
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I'm pretty sure Tier 2 has nothing to do with physical performance

I've read abit more from here http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...tandards_4.htm and the only thing I can think of is where I finished my schooling the summer of my junior year via online classes they assumed I did it at home although I was at a school with attendance requirements

The classes I took meet all state standards and I was actually guided to them by my high schools administration I have my diploma and its just a real and as valid as the next guys

Credits
    Savings
    Talked to a recruiter and the issue was the amount of credits I did online I've talked to the head of the program I attended and she's told me to have my recruiter call her I expect attendance to be brought up because they were online courses I was at school over the entire summer mon-fri from 7Am until 5Pm I was also told that regardless of how many credits I did I stand a great chance if none of this is worked out just off of my asvab scores

I'll be heading up to the recruitment office again tomorrow when SSgt is in to hopefully start the oh so fun meps process all over again

This ****s a headache but that is so going to be worth it

Good luck to you.

And that's one mighty long sentence you got there. For future reference, how about using periods at end of sentences. It does help when reading and trying to help out with advice.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Good luck to you.

And that's one mighty long sentence you got there. For future reference, how about using periods at end of sentences. It does help when reading and trying to help out with advice.
    I have an idiot switch of sorts when I get on the internet I tend to forget to punctuate

sorry

Thread Information