some advice...?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: some advice...?

some advice...?

Marines,
    I have several questions concerning what my recruiter has told me, and my job. To start off, I have contract Pfc from the seal cadets, similar to rotc. When I deped 20090505 I was told that the contract Pfc was in my service jacket. Then the recruiter told me to talk to my sea cadet CO and get a discharge paper, which I got. When I met with the recruiting GySgt, it was unclear if I had contract Pfc. The other pooies in my area who have contract Pfc from applicants have received certificates .How do I check that I have contract Pfc?
    i have enlisted for a 5 year contract, security forces presidential (PRP). My original contract was for security forces. My recruiter called me several months ago and asked me if I wanted to change my job to security forces presidential (PRP). I accepted, but upon research I haven’t been able to find anything reliable detailing the MOS. Some places ay that I “guard the president” including my recruiter, but to the best of my knowledge, that is strictly the secret services job. Any help here…?
    And finally, I ship to MCRDSD in 7 days, any advice for when I get there?
    I run a 10.24 1.5 mi, 14 pull ups, and 97 crunches in 2 min.

i have been studying my rank structure, the 11 general orders of a sentry, the 4 weapon conditions, the 10 principles for a marine leader, and the 14 leadership traits.

-As far as I know, Presidential Security are the guys in dress blues you see on Marine One and "standing guard" at the White House.
    -I wasn't contract PFC, but something like that should be in your original contract you got when you Dep'd in. If you still have questions about it, ask your recruiter to check on it or see your paperwork.
    -As for bootcamp, just hang in there. It's only 3 months of bs. In the long run, it was a good experience for me.

Contract PFC will be in your original contract if its not there DO NOT SIGN IT! I was a contract PFC and as you may have heard you dont get it unless it in in your contract anything the recruiter promises and isnt in the contract you dont get it. And for those recruiters on here I'm not trying to talk bad about y'all, no disrespect but we have all heard horror stories.

when you sign your active duty contract the day before you leave for the Depot make sure it says that you are signing in as an E-2. You better suck it up and get 3 more crunches!!

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Salad View Post
    -As far as I know, Presidential Security are the guys in dress blues you see on Marine One and "standing guard" at the White House.
    -I wasn't contract PFC, but something like that should be in your original contract you got when you Dep'd in. If you still have questions about it, ask your recruiter to check on it or see your paperwork.
    -As for bootcamp, just hang in there. It's only 3 months of bs. In the long run, it was a good experience for me.
    ive heard some stuf about the dress blue people being the marine one air crew, something like hx or something?
    and thank you for the dvice

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    Contract PFC will be in your original contract if its not there DO NOT SIGN IT! I was a contract PFC and as you may have heard you dont get it unless it in in your contract anything the recruiter promises and isnt in the contract you dont get it. And for those recruiters on here I'm not trying to talk bad about y'all, no disrespect but we have all heard horror stories.

no offence to my recruter but he is not the best recruter, he is rather lazy. and i do not necesarly beleave all he has to say. im one of those poolies that he didnt have to work for, that was given to him by a difrend recruter, whos time had expired in the recruting billit.

Quote Originally Posted by duarte View Post
    when you sign your active duty contract the day before you leave for the Depot make sure it says that you are signing in as an E-2. You better suck it up and get 3 more crunches!!

thank you, i will defenaly have to check the service jacket. the core will get its 3 crunches.

Young man, may I suggest you use "spell check".

It's Corps, not core. And when using the words Marine Corps or Corps, they will be capitalized at all times.

Also, try reading the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.

The squadron is call HMX-1 I believe but I could be wrong. As far as I know you cannot go there as a FNG. They usually come around the air wing once a year or so and recruit. Maybe things have changed. By the way if your contract does not say E-2 then don't sign. I got promoted to PFC 2 months out of boot camp for some reason when I was supposed to go in as one. Still don't know what happened there. I sure hope that you have been running 3 miles and not just 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Young man, may I suggest you use "spell check".

It's Corps, not core. And when using the words Marine Corps or Corps, they will be capitalized at all times.

Also, try reading the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.
    My apologies WMarine,
    I did not mean to offend. I will not let happen again.
    Poolee Miller

Quote Originally Posted by eazyrider View Post
    The squadron is call HMX-1 I believe but I could be wrong. As far as I know you cannot go there as a FNG. They usually come around the air wing once a year or so and recruit. Maybe things have changed. By the way if your contract does not say E-2 then don't sign. I got promoted to PFC 2 months out of boot camp for some reason when I was supposed to go in as one. Still don't know what happened there. I sure hope that you have been running 3 miles and not just 1.5.

Eazyrider,
    I have been running any where from 2 to 7 miles or so, depending on my daily schedule and jogging in the local mountin/statepark, along the trails. When you say FNG, what do you mean by that?
    Poolee Miller

Quote Originally Posted by rmiller1992 View Post
    My apologies WMarine,
    I did not mean to offend. I will not let happen again.
    Poolee Miller
    It's not that you offended anyone, because you didn't, I was just merely pointing out one of the site rules.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    It's not that you offended anyone, because you didn't, I was just merely pointing out one of the site rules.
    WMarine
    Thank you, it will not happen again.
    Poolee Miller

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    some advice...?
    Don't eat yellow snow!

Go back to your recruiter and ask him face to face what you have asked here.

If you are to be a contract PFC have it in writing as the Marine stated.

If you sign your final contract and swear in as a PVT with an MOS you don't want....you are SOL when you hit the MCRD and go on to your school...fleet...or duty.

The recruiter should be able to answer all those questions for you....when reading a binding contract take a few minutes and read...don't just sign....and if you have a question about something you don't understand....ask!

That's why the recruiter is there.

Thread Information