Advice/Eligibility question
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Advice/Eligibility question

I am interested in enlisting into the Marines I received my High School diploma with a 3.96 GPA having a 4.0 for most of the last years. I currently have 36 college credit hours and I am wondering if it is better to finish my Associates or possibly my Bachelors before enlisting, or after possibly earning a place for myself in the Marine family. I am 19 years of age standing 6’4 and currently 210lbs I am pretty healthy with no prior medical problems that I know of other than stitches, possible nasal septum deviation which does not interfere with breathing and a minor scratch of my sclera which occurred at around the age of 5 and was healed within a day. I have also dislocated my recessive shoulder but currently have full range of motion with it. That is all the possible medical problems I can think of right now.

I am also wondering if I would be eligible having committed minor theft during pre-teen years (lighters or candy from a gas station) some social drug use including Marijuana use, underage social drinking, ingesting a low quantity of illegal mushrooms all of which were willing and within my knowledge. Also I have previously downloaded software illegally
    (music/movies). None of which have ever involved police action, In fact, the only ticket I’ve ever had was a “fix it” ticket for driving my brother’s car which had a passenger side dim headlight out, which of course was taken care of immediately.

Best advice... Talk to a recruiter. You seem like most applicants these days now with the drugs. If you had no police record for minor theft don't worry about it, a lot of kids do it. Just don't be a thief in the Corps.

As far as school, getting your education is hugely important. Go to school if you have the means to the Corps will always be here. Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Marine will do. I think I will probably finish my 2 year degree then enlist, if all goes according to my hopes and dreams.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Taviah View Post

I am also wondering if I would be eligible having committed minor theft during pre-teen years (lighters or candy from a gas station) some social drug use including Marijuana use, underage social drinking, ingesting a low quantity of illegal mushrooms all of which were willing and within my knowledge. Also I have previously downloaded software illegally
    (music/movies).
    Doesn't sound like " Marine Corps " Material to me.............

Just Sayin,,,,,,,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    I am just hoping that the Marine Corps is forgiving enough to give me a second chance for things that I did in my more early teen years, and as a child. I think I've changed drastically since then, as everybody changes at least a little from childhood to adulthood.

The only way you are going to get the answers you want to your questions is to talk to a recruiter face-to-face.
    Be honest and don't lie about anything...and take it from there.

Thread Information