who else is waiting for MOS?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

who else is waiting for MOS?

I enlisted and shipping out 20101025 and just waiting for the MOS's for the new fiscal year (Oct 1), who else is doing the same?

Yeah thats what I am doing. I had to make a list of my top 3. guess i'll find out right before I ship (I ship October 4th)

Credits
    Savings
    It is the same here at RSS Springfield.

Same here, My ship date is Dec. 6th but have to wait until Oct. 1st to pick my MOS.

I didn't get the wish list yet, I just sent a text to my recruiter asking him when I would be able to get my MOS, and he said in a couple weeks for the new fiscal year (Oct 1) so Just the anticipation is killing me, since I just enlisted on the 2nd, I am pretty anxious to get to the pool functions every week, going to the one this week on thursdays or tuesdays (cant remember)..I am just very thankful to be in the DEP, I worked my ass off and spent alot of money to go to college to make this possible....hard work DOES pay off!.

Same here at RSS Fargo (ND). I'm going into linguistics, and have a leave date right now of 20110124.

I don't know but I went to MEPS and got the Shipping out in like 5 months, and everyone else is leaving next year. Before I enlisted they were telling me I probably wouldn't ship out until March or April of 2011. I am just hoping me getting an MOS doesn't push my ship date back, or if so not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Noll View Post
    I don't know but I went to MEPS and got the Shipping out in like 5 months, and everyone else is leaving next year. Before I enlisted they were telling me I probably wouldn't ship out until March or April of 2011. I am just hoping me getting an MOS doesn't push my ship date back, or if so not by much.
    I have the same date as you. I've been waiting for my mos since February when i Deped. My recruiter told me if i waited till the next fiscal year id get #1 on my wish list (18xx)

Same, open contract at this moment. Just have to get talk to my Recruiter and get the new MOS contract in after the new fiscal year.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am pretty happy since I only know about 2 other people that are shipping between Oct-Dec before me...so I am like 3rd in line to choose if it is made by first come-first serve basis at my RSS... lol

top 3:
    UZ Contract(unless they changed the name, aka Recon tryout contract lol)
    03xx
    02xx

Asvab: 96...wish I had 3 more points to be called a 99asvab Infantry :P

Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    Open contract here....
    Same here, I'm hoping for infantry, but god knows it's going to be my luck that I'll probably get something that totally sucks.

I kind of had my wish list, but it will change depending on what I qualify for.
    - 03xx
    - 08xx
    - 18xx (Tank Crewman)

Open contract here too! I ship out 20101011. I'm hoping to wait till Oct 1st till I can get a lock into 3500 or 0300 field. I hope it's true that I can at least drop open contract and choose a field because it's good to at least know the field I'm getting into. For example, working with food or pushing papers isn't what I'd want to get myself personally into which likely happens in the USMC on Open contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Zito View Post
    Open contract here too! I ship out 20101011. I'm hoping to wait till Oct 1st till I can get a lock into 3500 or 0300 field. I hope it's true that I can at least drop open contract and choose a field because it's good to at least know the field I'm getting into. For example, working with food or pushing papers isn't what I'd want to get myself personally into which likely happens in the USMC on Open contract.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think that would happen unless you're on an open contract and you ship like, September 30th or something lol. That would suck... or you tell them you basically don't care what job you get, which is what I did when i first joined but I soon smartened up and picked the ones I wanted with the wish list

but yeah, i'm doing the same thing. going to talk to my recruiter on Oct. 1st and hopefully i'll get 0300 or 1812

Thread Information