Chu Lai Corpsman 1965 - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Frank, let me ask for the 5th time. Do you have an award of a BSM with V but no documentation in your SRB?

Yes or no.

Seriously if you answer that simple question I may be able to tell you what is going on here.

Lynn2: YES, I got the medal(s), the certificate, and "what is supposed to be the "citation". It's more in the form of a letter from the Commandant to the presenter in Detroit. They, whether you beleive it or not, were all in my sea bag when I was destroyed. I do have a copy of the original letter or "citation" and that is what is being questioned by BCNR. I know I said everything was destroyed but I apparently kept some things aside and I have been fortunate enought to find a few. I've moved five times over since 1983. The BCNR tells me that they have no record of the awards. That is why this has gone on so long. When I presented a copy of what I had to them, they questioned it because it was not of the standard format. The said they did not consider it authentic. Then they gave me four reasons why. I responded to and proved each of thier reasons to be wrong. I'll tell you what they were if you want. Also, whoever typed it up, like the Navy Cross citation I just told you about, they also made mistakes in mine also. The date of the action was not wrong in the "citation" but the dates I wa in Vietnam were entered wrong. Also, in Starlite, the operation was against "the First Vietcong Regiment". In the citation, they put "a two day combat action between U. S. Marines and enemy NVA forces". Again, I am not tht stupid. If I were going to make something this important up, I wold have done my research and at least got it right. I can go on the computer right now and obtain a PH and BSM certificate. I can go to any Army Navy surplus store and buy the medals with no proof I even earned them. And if I wanted to, I could go on the internet and probalby have a "citation" done. If the military is so professional, why do they allow this to happen? I sent them what I was handed. If I thought it was not authentic, I would have gotten an authentic looking one to send in. It wouldn't be that hard. So if I am not authentic, why would I knowingly send in a document that I knew would be questioned when a real on is readily avilable on the internet. These people don't read between the lines. They just take everything at face value. The pure fact is that they do not beleive they make mistakes, but they do, but they will NOT admit it. They are right and you are wrong...period, end of story!

OK a BSM with V but it never made its way into your SRB. Let me hazzard a guess as to what might be going on.

It could be the same thing that happened to that famous recon Marine Cpl Blackburn. The Marine who started this thread below may still be working on getting the MOH for Blackburn. But then maybe not.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...hlight=fontman

While Blackburn was not a supply guy like you but more a reconner like me it appears that you and him have a lot in common as far as combat and medals----medals for valor, unit medals, and PH medals, and CAR, not being properly documented or awarded.

This sort of thing happens. Heroes not being given their just due.

Hang in there brother

Lynn2 - couple corrections to earlier post. In one post of mine (9:46 p.m. yesterday) I referred to the number of wounded in Nam (7,337) and I said between 1961 but left out 1965. So between 1961 & 1965, really before the actual war started, there were still over 7,000 WIA's. In that same post about midway down I referred to MCO 10 or 15 something (believe it is MCO1520) initiated the requirement of unit diaries. It's not unit diaries. June 14, 1965, MCO 1520(?), Commandant initiated the use of "Command Chronologies".

Frank, I am not sure this post is worth doing or not. Most likely not. But.......

First of all my advice is to not post this story of yours on any open Marine Corps forums. It is so over the top and so hard to believe that they will tear you apart. Liar or nuts may be some of the kindest things you will hear.

Having a glitch or an unlikely thing happen is one thing. Having 3 glitches or 3 unlikely things happen is another.

Having as many as you claim exceeds what a normal person, especially a Marine or Doc who had been in VN, could possibly believe.

1. You were a supply guy but spent all your time as a grunt shooter.

Lets assume you are the exception to the rule here. But this is one of the most common pogue or remf claims you hear. Yea I was a cook but I spent all my time on a recon team or with the grunts out hunting.

Who was ordering supplies, cooking food, or fixing trucks if you guys were all out shooting?

Normally I read this kind of claim and I think....BS. As do most grunts I would guess.

2. You were wounded but were so hard core, so little wanting a PH, and the field hospitals were so over run with gut shot Marines, that you kept on patroling and never saw a doctor and it never got into your medical records.

For most of us ICorps grunts and reconners who did see wounded realize that people do get seen in a BAS or med bn at some point. It does end up in their medical records. And awards are sought or given.

And this "gut shot Marines all over the place" is a real tip off as far as someone making claims not to be true. Especially when you look at the Marine KIA's for June 18th 1965. There were virtually none. A very very few. (thank god)

Lets assume you are the exception to all of this.

3. You were TAD all over the place, to grunt units, but it never got entered into your SRB.

We could ask Marines who worked in this area how likely that would be.

Lets assume in your case it actually happened.

4. You as a supply guy got TAD to the biggest MC operation of the war up to that time and did some crazy hero stuff.

And 4 years "later" as you are getting out of the service you got a letter in the mail saying you were awarded a BSM with V for those actions.

The officer who would have recommended you being long dead. And the professionals that do this stuff for a living saying your letter does not look legit. And there is nothing in your SRB to confirm a BSM with V. Or that you were even on the operation.

One explenation is that someone may have played a joke on you. A leaving the Marine Corps type of joke. Sort of like this Cpl Blackburn write up I posted. On official letter head. Looking like the real deal. But total BS.

Maybe in your case you had been telling that VN story so often that some of your creative former co-workers decided to give you an "award".

Trust me some door gunner on a chopper who did not know you was not going to write you up 4 years later.

This BSM with V makes no sense at all. Not the way you tell it.

5. Your medical records are gone.

6. The rest of your SRB is wrong.

7. And now the quest. A many year quest, 45 years after the fact -----you are on a 150 page one paragraph mission.

Posting on various forums and asking where to get a lawyer. To get a 8 stitch PH that you could not be bothered about enough to walk up to the BAS when it happened?

This rambling looks more and more like a mental health issue than something a stable person would be doing.

I am not suggesting you are unstable. I am telling you want these ramblings look like to those that read it.

8. The dog ate my records, I had my DD214 but a bird came by and took it, my records to prove whatever were lost in the great flood, all my records were lost in the great fire that destroyed so many vet records in St Louis.

Just some of the common internet BS you hear from posers who cannot or will not prove what they claim. These excuses are seen as a sad joke most of the time when you hear them.

Frank, I really wish you luck. But if you are going to continue to post this rambling story on MC forums be prepared. Prepared to be questioned and prepared to be called out.

One or three glitches you could believe. But 8 or more?

To have a SRB this clean and so devoid of real events your name would be more likely------ Commander Bond of the Royal Navy.

Lynn2: Your post is/was worth doing. I do not hold contmept for you feelings or beliefs. In fact, I am pleased that you would "care enough" to warn me about the consequences of posting on an open foru. You see, it has already happened to me and it started out the same exact way. I posted the same question when I was a memboer the Marines.Together we Served (TWS) webite. At first everyone was pleasant and trying to help me find a coropman, but eventually as more and more questions were asked, a couple guys came after me hard and strong. They accused me of everything under the sun. Eventually, I left the site becaue one individual just kept hounding me and in fact, he still does to this day. He eats and breathss me. He even went as far as to post my profile on the Pownetwork.com "poser and wannab" site (of course, in case you don't know it, that site is under investigation by the VA because it is phonier than the people it claims to be phony).

Let me just say this. Your post is similar to one that this particular individual wrote to me. I don't undertand where, out of what we've said to each other and that I have said, that you get the impression that I've been claiming to have been in "all this combat"/ That is exactly what the othere guy is saying. I don't believe my "story" is all that full of "hero" stuff and I am not a looney and making this up nor have I simply "believed" it for so long, I've convinced myself although I imagine there are those kind out there.

Yes, I was a Supply Man. That was my MOS. But when we arrived in Vietnam, there was no supply operation in Chu Lai. What infantry there was, was up towards Danang where you were. 3/3 didn't come down to Chu Lai until April 65, AFTER III MAF and us. So, if there were any grunts around, they were so far spread out in the field, we never saw them. I can tell you for the first four or five days (confirmed by my former Squad Leader), I was in a fox hole above the beach. After that, we began to unload the ship). But when the sun went down, back to the hole we went. Now, we unload the ship and we move up to the north side of the air strip and set up a rudimentary camp. Read any account of the Vietnam war and you will find that in 1965, Chu Lai was a Vietcong "stronghold". They were all over the place. Now an air strip and a supply operation are being set up. They are not happy and they want to destroy it. Sorry, but I'm not a kook and what I don't remember myself, has been told to me by Cpl. P. (now a retired Major). We spent alot of time together and some of the things he told me we did at that time, I had even forgotten and I was even suprised myself.

There was not one else there to guard the perimeter of the air strip. The grunts and cannoneers and all those heavy weapons guys were further outside the perimeter. Meanwhile, VC were attempting to infiltrate the air strip on a very regular basis. It is not beyond believable that Supply Men or any other MOS would be ordered to pick up their M-14's and conduct patrols. Remember, we are alll Marines and all Riflemen FIRST and FOREMOSST. I didn't describe any John Wayne heroics. Maybe you just deciphered it that way. I'll tell you, we were loaded on trucks and taken out to places that were so desolate, no one would believe there was any life there at all. And what did we do....we patrolled the area. I remember times crawling around on my elbows and knees with my rifle cradled om the crevace of my elbows. I could go on and on and tell you the things I've already told you but you've apparently made up your mind that only grunts do that kind of stuff. That is what my other nemesis also believes....a supply man on patrol or on S&D ops. And wow, a lowly supply man participating in one of the biggest and the FIRST major offensive of the war. How could that be? Well, for one thing, we were positioned with seven or eight miles of where that operation was conducted. No more on that either. Perimeter guard and patrols and several S&D missions were a regular part of our time in Nam. You can believe that or not. But, I don't understand why it is so difficult for anyone to believe that others, besides the grunts were "in the war". Look back in the history and through the list of the dead and wounded, not just in Nam but in other wars and see how many Supply me were KIA. Look at the profiles on some of these web sites you are talking about and see how many photographers, clerks, cooks, truck drivers and all MOS's are wearing the Combat Action Ribbon, the PUC and the NUC. Many are also displaying the PH and the BSM.

This stuff isn't out of a book and it isn't just in my mind. When I reported to Starlite, I didn't even have orders with me (I assumed that was paperwork exchanged between CO's). The day I arrived there, a Lieutenant grabbed on to me and asked me who I was and what I was doing because I was wandering around aimlessly because as you very well know, nobody tells anybody what to do. I told him who I was and he said, come with me, we are getting hit hard out there and we need you to go in with the evac choppers and help remove the wounded. I had no idea what I was doing but next thing I know, I'm on a chopper and when we returned I was told to get on aother and that's the way it went for two days. EVERYTHING doesn't go by the book. THAT is the movies, not my story. My story is real.

No more details. I've already mentioned more to you than you need to know and that's what always gets one into trouble. You would think I would learn from my last experience but agiain, I've been fighing with Records for FOUR years and I'm frustrated and they won't change a thing in my records that I KNOW are wrong. So, things had slowed down a little with that creep from TWS and I thought I give it another try. All I asked for is if there were any Corpsman who served in Chu Lai in 65. Who knows, someone may have done so or knew someone. The wound: have you ever heard of adrenalin? I've had worse than that punji wound since I've been out of the Corps. If I need stitches, I go get them but if I don't, I take the pain and I have a high toleerance for pain. You would not believe some of the things that have happened to me over the years. Yes, at that time, I assumed, just assumed that the "doctors" were working hard with seriously wounded. My wound hurt. It hurt like hell....AFTERWARD! When it happens, sometimes you don't even know it. Don't tell me you've never heard of guys being shot and not even knowing it until later? I didn't need to see a doctor and yes, I hobbled around for a few days. I never said I went right back out into the field but there was nothing preventing me from getting back in that foxhole at night and within a few days, yes, I was able to move about pretty freely.

Heroics in Starlite. I'll tell you my friend, I was not a hero. I was scared t death but I was fresh out of boot camp and when someone told me to do something, I did it and I did it with vigor. Adrenalin again. I was told to pick up wounded and get them to the choppeer and that is what I did. What was I going to say...NO, I'm scared? Peopel who receive the CMOH in most cases are acting out of fear or on an adrenalin rush. The probably don't even know until later exactly what they did. I've seen Bronze Star Citations and beleive me, compared to some I've seen, I DESERVED the BSM.

And finally this. A HERO I am not and I never thought I was one and never looked for accalades. That should be obvious by the fact that I went straight home after getting the awards and put them in my seabag. I didn't parade around with them and tell everyone. Locate any document I've ever filled out for a job or anyting and you will never see anything on there about those awards. In fact, here's the best for last, My wife and I have now been married for forty one years. For the first thirty seven of them neither she nor my two kids (29 and 34) nor any one in my family, nor any of my friends, none of them even knew I received those awards. I never told anyone and you can take that to the bank. The only reason she and they know now is because of the existing battle with BCNR that started in 2006. That is when she found out because she kept asking me what I was doing on the computer so much and finally looked as some of the letters. She was not very happy with me when she found out and she asked, how could you keep something like that from me for all those years.

So, my friend, and I hope I can call you that even though you may think I am a poser. Let's you and I drop this entire thing and not become the enemies that me and that one other individual is who eats and sleeps my name. He is obsessed with me. He also insists I was never promoted to staff sergeant, but I was fortunate enough to get a certified copy of my promotion warrant from Headquarters Marine Corps. And you know what, even after showing it to him, he still believes the warrant is made up. He is ne sick puppy. The main point here is I may never get those awards because what BCNR wants is impossible for me to get. Keeping records is THEIR JOB not mine. Who ever thinks that forty five years later they are going to need proof of something. That is all supposed to be in your file...at least I thought. Think of me what you want, but what you are hearing is true and above all, my records are an atrosity, and absolute travesty for government documents, the most important documents a veteran has. Wheter I lost paperwork or not is of no consequence. It's their job to have them and find them. Example: I received a letter from the Commandant's office in early spring 1969, advising me of my promotion to Staff Sergeant and giving me instructions to contact so and so and arrange to pick it up. I did not keep that letter or maybe it was in my seabag with the other paperwork. But, since all this with BCNR began, they've been asking ME for documents so, becaue Mr. K (my TWS nemesis) kept insisiting I was lying about my promtion too, I asked records, CMC, BCNR, and whoeer else, "send me a copy of that letter that the Commandant himself signed in 1969 telling me I was promoted". Guess what...I've asked three times over the past couple years and STILL NO LETTER. In fact, they've never even responded to the leter of request. WHY can't they find that? Why is it that if I can't find documents I am a liear and a poser. But when asked for a simple copy of a letter directly from the CMC, they can't even produce that. But they're not labeled as liars and posers. Like I told my TWS nemesis, who's name I will not reveal, there is a hell of alot more that happened in that war than ANY ONE of us know about. I don't claim to know the entire history and every event that happened in the Vietnam and personally I don't give a s**t! I only know what happend between March 65 and end of February 66. From March 66 until 29 July 1968, all I gave a damn about was getting OUT. Don't misconstrue that to appear that I am not proud to have served in the Corps. It's one of the best things I've done in my entire life and I hold my head up hight beause I am one of the few and the proud. But what I don't understand is waht gives other Marines the right to lable a brother Marine a "poser" just because he did something out of the ordinary? And it's always Vietnam Veterans. Have you ever been on a forum where a Korean veteran ever questions another Korean Veteran? , or a WWII veteran questioning a fellow veteran. NO! It's always the Nam vets. The war did something to us and it made us angry, so angry that we even go as far as to take it out on our supposed "brother" Marines. What ever happend to Semper Fidelis, Saepe Expertus, Fratres Aeterni?

You are absolutely right. THIS is my last post on ANY FORUM asking for assistance. I should have known better and I am taking your advice and remaining undercover from now on. The whole thing, awards and all, are not worth it. Live a good and happy life my friend. Semper Fi!

Frank, I hope things work out for you.

Lynn2: Let me ask you something. If this forum conversation had not taken place and you were out at a ceremony or parade or burial (I'm in the MCL Honor Guard) and you saw me, not knowing me, with "all" of my ribbons, would you have come up to me and asked me if I deserved them? I guess, at least to my thinking, it would depend on how I was acting , like a blowhart or something like that, but if I were just standing there, keeping my mouth shut and just doing my duty, would there be any cause for you to approach me an ask me about my ribbons? And if you believed me and then dicided to make conversation and asked me what my MOS was and where I was in Nam and when, would you have started thinking, Oh, this is a phoney here? Just wondering. You know, I didn't have to go to BCNR or anywhere else back in 2006. As far as I knew, I rated those awards but I just wanted the updated record. Had I not started all of this, I'd probably be walking around today with those awards and the likelihood of anyone questioning me about them would be slim if at all. Those ribbons are not on my uniform. I had to remove them because they are not on my record and they should be, and because of the noise Mr. K. has been making even though I earrned them...yes, I earned them. I wonder how many veterans, including Marines are walking around this very day with a rack full of ribbons, half of which are not legit? I could have done that and no one would have been the wiser. Since I don't know, because I would never do it, I wonder what would make anyone walk up to a stranger and question their service? My story is not far fetched at all. You should hear some of the tales I've heard over the past four years. Hard to believe, but most of them were true. Some of them made me a little skeptical, but I minded my own business. Now, if I saw a guy dressed in Blues with Nam ribbons displayed and he looked like he was about 25 years old and/or just the way he wore his uniform I knew something was awry, I might say something. Just a thought. Since all of this started, I've always wondered what makes someone do that?
    P.S. Wrote this before I saw your last posting (hope things work out for you). Thanks for the thought. You're definately not the a$$hole that Mr. K is, that's for sure.

Frank, I take people and their service, their uniform and their medals at face value. I never question them.

Until they speak.

And if they are saying things I know to be wrong or I think may be wrong then I will question them.

If what they are saying sounds so far out of the normal zone I may in fact think they are being less than honest, might be an outright liar, have mental health issues, are very confused, or something else is going on.

I know posers. I have heard and read posers. I do not think you are one. Something else IOM is going on. I am not sure what.

"My story is not far fetched at all. "-----Actually Frank it is.

And where it truly falls apart is when you got a letter stating that you had been awarded the BSM 4 years after the fact, and as you are getting out of the service. With nothing in your records.

And at the same time you got a letter stating you got a promotion. With nothing in your records.

I would not discount the possibility that someone was playing a joke on you. You would not be the first.

Take Care and Good Luck

I believe ya D! I was a Corpsman. No combat. Marines lost my SRB and I did not get paid for two months while they looked for microfish in DC. My microfish SRB did not have any of my awards, which were few. I had to go to the range to re-earn my pistol and rifle"E", re-earn my FMF, even though my OIC and Chief vouched for these awards. It eventually got straightend out only to have a pipe bust in my garage ruining my uniforms, awards, LOC/A's, certificates, and my DD214(every memorbilla I kept).
    I know I can get most back if I try, but I don't need them, nor do I care b/c I was not wounded or due for any "real medals". I belive you b/c even in my time record keeping was F'd up- always. I also think you have too much detail to have dreamed this up. Marines are a protective bunch, and alot of imposters have been popping up lately.
    Don't stress yourself to heart attack for some medals you may never see. You did your job, you are a US Marine, and in your heart/mind you know what happend.

Credits
    Savings
    I was there August '66 until September '67. We had M-14's not AR-15's.

Quick question, 'What type of aircraft were you picked to go on? Were you awarded the Air Medal also?'.

I was AirWing. AT NO TIME were newbies, REMF's or whatever, grabbed up, put on a helicopter, and sent out on medivacs to pick up wounded. NEVER.

My awards, (whoop, doop, de doo) were all given AFTER return to CONUS. The only thing I wore home, while in uniform, and back to MCAF Santa Ana, were my ACW's.

... and, iffen I were to see you at a military thingy, wearing medals and awards, not only would I recognize them, but after a few minutes of conversation, I truly believe I would dust you off.

... and2, E-6 in 4. Oooookay, it has happened, BUT, surely you have a warrant.

... and3, this bit about the POW or phony or posers site being under investigation, well that is a new one. Care to share a link on that one?

Sorry, but all this novel writing **** is tiring. No one here, or so it seems, remembers you. No one here, it seems, is able to assist.

I think you should go on with your life and existance.

First let me address Lynn2: You said where things really fall apart is being given the award four years after the fact. Yes, I've said all along, I believe they were like an afterthought after someone came across some paperwork and figured, ok, here's one we let get by. They were given to me AT THE SAME TIME AS MY PROMOTION, TEN months after I was released from Active Duty. I got out in July 68 with 19 months in grade as an E-5 (two meritorious promotions). As you know, Staff promotions come from CMC. By the time I was ten months into my two year "inactive" reserves, I had 29 months in grade and CMC decided to promoted me. My Discharge says Staff Seargeant Frank ******), precedence number 1396, dated May 1, 1969. I also have a certified copy from CMC of the promotion warant because the actual warrant was destroyed. As I said, the other two medals came WITH the promotion. There was no pomp and no ceremony and no photos. It was almost like the Corps was embarassed for allowing so much time to pass by. Here ya go Staff Sergeant. Great job. Good luck while unable to look in my eyes. The Promotion IS on my records, never said it wasn't. It's the dates and the TAD's and the Miscellaneous patrols and missions that are missing or incorrect. Finally, if I had spoken, you would have never questioned me. I don't give detail if someone asks me. The only reason you got "detail" in the forum is because I was trying to explain to you why I know my records are correct and also, I was merely answering your questions (Funny, when you give vague answeres, people think you are lying and you don't know what you are taling about so you MUST be making it up, but if you give detailed answers, some of it's bound to raise questons). I don't believe the awards were a joke because I actually did the things I said I did. But at the time, I didn't just jump up and say, hey, where's my PH or don't you think what I did deserves a BSM? They are usually given in the field soon after the action. That never happened so I just went on with my business. No one knows they are going to be recommended for any medal unless their CO or someone official tells them they are putting them in for the award. I went back to my unit with nothing like that said except for that chopper pilot. If you're going to say far fetched what about the possibility of the pilot saying something to Col Muir and Muir was intending to write a recommendation to my CO and he didn't get it done before being KIA. It was only two to three weeks later that he died. Who knows what happened to his paperwork. And as far as the PH, I want you to know right now that I have the greatest respect for Corpsman and 99% of them are the best. But even Corpsman have a few bad apples. I've done alot of research and talking to people. I've been told right ot my face by former CO's that they personally threw piles of paper away because it was a nisance and I've also been told that there were Corpsmen who sometimes never gave the proper treatment that was due and some never turned in paperwork either. Now, this is what I heard so I don't spread it around because I don't know it to be factual. They deserve the benefit of the doubt and so do I. By the way, I've had to tell my story to very high ranking officers and VA people and Congressmen and none of them ever said it sounded too far fetched. Only a couple grunts who think they fought the war alone and we "poges" did nothing but sit around and make up stories. I have a hard time believing a cook could earn the CAR and I didn't, and I don't like it, but I don't say anything because I have no idea what he did while he was there. I have to assume he didn't spend all of his time making mashed potatoes.

Waveslide: Thanks for the words of advice. This is not about medals believe me. This is about my records and the more they refuse to make them right, the angrier I get and the more tenacious I become. I will not allow those idiots to win when I know I am right. I've come a long way in my life from a poor boy from a coal mining town in Pennsylvania. My dad was a coal miner and died when I was nine. My oldest brother moved me to Michigan when I was twelve and that is when my life truly began. I picked myself up out of the rut, started repairing shoes when I was twelve every day after school and on Saturdays, and when I graduated, I joined the Corps. I did well because I was diciplined when I went in and I did even better after I got out because I was even more diciplined and had a stong sense of honor. I went to school full time while working full time and earned a Bachelors and Masters from the University of Michigan and now, at 64 years old, I'm half way through law school, just for the hell of it (not going to practice law). I was a cop for fifteen years in a suburb of Detroit and I quit and took on another quasi law enforcement job. I started as a special agent in the streets of Detroit and I retired as the Chief Operating Officer. I did it all on my own. I take what I do seriously and I am not the type to let someone make a me out to be a liar and a phony. I talk the talk and I walk the walk and that is just the way it is. If you think recordkeeping was f**ked up then, you should go to St Louis to Naval Records. It looks like a tornado went through there. No wonder they can't find anything. And you know why, because we, the veterans, are the last thing the government cares about and I truly believe that. I've had my fill of government and military officials over the past four years and I may just drive myself down to D.C. and go into the Pentagon and pull up a chair outside the Secretary of the Navy's office and sit there until he gives me an audience. If you knew my friends and asked them if I would do it, they would tell you, Oh yes, he would do it without hesitation. I sm very capable of doing just that. I just wrote a letter to BCNR and I told the Exec Director that I'm sick of his bulls**t and here is what I'm going to do. I'm going out on my next honor guard detail with ALL MY RIBBONS ON MY BLUES and I WANT someone to report me and I want the FBI to come arrest me. AT least that way I will get an audience that will hear me out, unlike BCNR. And you know what, I have a funny feeling, in fact, a good feeling, I'm going to make BCNR look likke the fools they are. Semper Fi Bro

Finally BigAlHolmes165: I know by now you are tired of my dissertations but I have to respond to you. The chopper I flew on was a Sikorsky H-34 Seahorse, the one with the big doors on each side and can carry a squad or so. Lots of room on the deck for wounded. Don't ask me particulars because I don't know them. I wasn't a winger. I've flown S&D missions on Huey's and others like the one I mentioned above. No I didn't earn an air medal. You know as well as I do, when they took us out on missions four five miles outside the perimeter, they just put us in choppers and flew us out there. Who said anything about AR-15's. My issued weapon in Nam was the M-14. I was issued it in the states and I brought it all the way across the Pacific to Oki and I kept it there and I landed in Chu Lai with it. I kept it all through my Nam tour and turned it in in Danang on my way back to Oki before leaving for the states. I'm afraid I would have to disagree with you about dusting me off. First of all, you wouldn't have gotten much conversation out of me about Vietnam because I never talk about it and I don't brag. You are laughing right now I can tell because I've done alot of talking over the past couple days. That is ONLY because of the questions being asked and the "hot seat" I am being put on for no reason at all. YES, E-6 in four years. Hard to beleive but it does happen, I'm a perfect example. Joined July 64, became staff sergeant May 69, ten months after release from active duty July 68. Actually one active enlistment and ten months inactive reserves so it was closer to five years. You're right, no one on here knows me and no one really cares and that's exactly what I intend to do is go on with my life. But, I told BCNR and I'm telling you and the others, I will go to my grave fighting them and I won't stop harassing them until my records are straight. You and the others are right. I'll probably never win the battle over the PH and BSM but I will always know I earned them. The ONLY reason I won't probably get them is because their verification requirements are absolutely and rediculuously impossible to do. But I am going to get that PUC and CAR I earned, and the only thing keeping me from that is my inaccurate records.

Back to you Lynn2: By the way, I never said eight pages of mistakes. I said that I have about eight pages with mistakes on them, probably more than eight mistakes if you total all the wrong dates in different places. Several pages have the same mistakes, wrong dates. The errors are on page 118(3) -dates; 118(9) - Combat History/Awards - wrong dates and only entry "Operations Chu Lai, Republic South Vietnam" What the hell does that mean? "Operations can mean several things. Ambiguity, like all the Marine Corps policies and procedures. Nothing else listed on there such as Misc. Patrols, Misc S&D ops, Perimeter duty, I would think that kind of s**t would be on there. BCNR always talks about detail, where is the detail on my records?; and medical record page "Chronological Record of Medical Care" - entry January 15, 1965 just before I left CONUS for Okinawa. Rest of page BLANK. Next entry on the next page, something to do with a check up and/or chest x-ray , end of February while in Okinawa. I was officially TAD with III MAF from Oki to Nam - No where on record. Officially TAD to Starlite - no where on record. Officially TAD to USS Capricornus AKA 57, November 1967 - no where on record. C'mon man, give me a break. How could anyone make all this up?

Well uif i knew you and saw you... i would ask. Because after reading this?!? And posting this is a slap in the face to all Military. you basicaly said you did all this stuff and are being selfish! Ive been deployed and seen tons of trash and got hurt... as well as a few Marines i met over there... and if their sh!t got fu<ked up... i guarentee no body went to get an award in the system because no real marine really cares about how many medals or ribbions they have. Because it doesnt matter!

And yes it is VERY far fetched because why in God's name would it take you 45 years to get it fixed? I would have checked all my stuff before i got out of the corps. and how would anyone as self centered as yourself not keep their award citations and warrents up on the wall? I just dont beleive it. and the whole Basement flood? well i dont believe anyone would shut the door for over a year because that would smell just flat out NASTY! Which NO Marine would allow! And renting a bob cat or whatever it was and digging all over freakin town is cheaper then buying a few bags of cement and just filling it up. soooo... very very unlikely! and anyone can write a letter saying they did stuff. and if you made the front page... why wouldnt your ego get you to cut it out of the paper? ohhh i know because the newpaper prolly screwed up your name picture and address and the whole story was wrong. ok sweet. Well I highly doubt this story because IPAC (S1) would have you sign everything before they put it in your SRB... so thus its your fault its wrong. THE END

That's just the point Meserole08orah. I don't have an ego or I would have plastered all that stuff all over my wall. It took forty five years (actually forty, because I didn't ask for an updated DD-214 until 2006. What in the hell are you talking abot as a slap in the face to all Military. What's selfish about wanting my records made accurate? I aalready told you and the others its not about the medals. It's the ignorance of BCNR who won't correct my records, the dates, and the other mistakes.

NASTY maybe, but I did it and my wife wasn't happy. You would have to have lived through it and all the years of a wet basement to know what Im talking about. And it wouldn't have taken a couple bags of cement. The drain tiles all around my house inside and out were, in those days, made of clay pipe and they were cracked and some were missing and everything else you could imagine. I had to did it all up to replace all of it. Ego has nothing to do with cutting it out of the paper. I kept a copy of the paper for years because it was one of those one in a million things that only happens to a few people. I told you I moved several times because of my job and in the process of moving, things get lost. Sign your SRB...HUH. I watched the clerk type my SSN wrong on my DD-214 right in front of me and questioned him about it and an officer was standing right there. The officer said nothing and the clerk said it didn't matter. Sign your SRB? Look througout your entire SRB and show me a place where you signed it. I never even saw my SRB until I got a copy of it after all of this crap started in 2006. You are way off base and out in the middle of no where. So you've been deployed and got hurt and so did others and no one asked for an award. If you've been reading all of this with your eyes open and your brain functioning you would have already seen that I did not ask for any awards after my injuries or Starlite. I never expected them. It was only after I found out that I earned them and they were not on my record that I asked to have my record straightened out. NO REAL MARINE CARES about how many medals and ribbons they have . Bull**** and you know it. If that's the case, how come practically every Marine I know has a shadowbox with all their little trinkets in it. They are proud of what they did and rightfully earned and rightly so. Alot of you guys talk that **** but if you were denied something you earned, you'd be knocking down the door just like I am. It's not about medals...it's about what's right. I don't know when you were in the Corps but by the way it sounds, you were still ****tin yellow in 65. Maybe S1 makes you sign your paperwork now, but I don't recall having to do that back then. And accusing me of slapping the entire military in the face is only an excuse for your ignorance YOU are the one guilty of that by accusing someone of something that you knnow nothing about. I've done my research pal. What have you done? You still believe all that **** they put in your head in boot camp. Well here's news for ya, Marines make mistakes too. We are still the best and the mightiest, but mistakes are made. Even on the battlefield.

P.S. It's probably going to take another 45 years too, which means it will never be fixed. Apparently you've never had to deal with Naval Records and BCNR

aparently youre still retarded because i dont care about anything on my uniform except U.S. Marines. And its funny how my dad remembers having to sign papers when he sat in S1 when he got back... oh snap so did the retired guy i work with who was in NAM the same years and then some. well i dont know many people who have had to wait forever and a day to get their apaers or take even longer to ask them to fix it. And no its not the ignorance of the BCNR... if i did that sh!t for a living and said it was not right... then its not right. end of story. and if you know its never gonna be fixed, you might as well stop. but you wont because you just like the attention. oh and BTW... the thread you are on under... doesnt match fully to this one. just so you know. and since you dont seem to have a life... you should go read it.

Thread Information