After 5 visits to MEPs
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After 5 visits to MEPs

I am now a poolee...
    Extremely excited to have a ship date, now just have to wait for a job.
    Congrats to all the other who swore in today as well!
    -DB

Congratulations Poolee

When do you ship? What MOS are you looking into?

Ship date is 20110110
    MOS 03xx
    Extremely motivated!

Man..... and I thought having to go back a 2nd time sucked lol... why'd you have to go back so many times, if you dont mind me asking?

Dang lol, 3 times for me and I thought it was hell... grats on finally becoming a poolee

Best of luck to ya.

One and done I always say.

I have a little bit of a sunken chest so the Dr. required me to x-rays and a bunch of other lame stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    lmao...

also it took me 5 visits to get through as well. Mine was for a stupid shoulder thing i brought up from football, and some medicine that i was on in HS.

ship date is oct 11th for PI for me

Quote Originally Posted by the802 View Post
    Best way to roll

Credits
    Savings
    I only had to go up twice, one for M.E.P.S., and the other trip was to swear in.

Two trips here, gonna love that third one!

Haha Im about to make my second one up to MEPS to run my IST for the command on weds, then only a week and a half later I'm going back to ship off to sunny San Diago!

I only went up to MEPs once, I weighed 197 1/2 on the day before MEPs my recruiters and I were making sure that I'd reach the weight standards, they gave me laxatives, I ran for half an hour to reduce water weight, I spent time in a sanna. And had very little to eat and drink for the whole ordeal.

Well, the laxatives didn't work :\ and the sanna I don't think made a big difference either, but damn the not having a whole lot to drink and eat did work, they clocked me in at precisely 196. Then I had to turn my head and cough if you know what I mean... it was awfully cold in there with just my undies on

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    I only went up to MEPs once, I weighed 197 1/2 on the day before MEPs my recruiters and I were making sure that I'd reach the weight standards, they gave me laxatives, I ran for half an hour to reduce water weight, I spent time in a sanna. And had very little to eat and drink for the whole ordeal.

Well, the laxatives didn't work :\ and the sanna I don't think made a big difference either, but damn the not having a whole lot to drink and eat did work, they clocked me in at precisely 196. Then I had to turn my head and cough if you know what I mean... it was awfully cold in there with just my undies on
    Haha man...... that part of MEPS was the worst. Having to do all of those exercises in that freezing cold room in your boxers with like 20 other guys, so you have to sit there and wait forever just to get your weight checked and stuff. oh well!

Thread Information