Prayers for Cpl John Peck - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My prayers outbound, with a heavy heart.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenio View Post
    Correction, John is now a quad amputee.
    Left leg at the hip, right leg above the knee, right arm above the elbow, left arm below the elbow.
    He needs every prayer he can get.
    I feel like such a fool, I should have paid more attention. I'm sure all who read this will be offering their prayers. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for your family. There is nothing I can say that will help you other than his Brothers are behind him and with him. Via con Dios Cpl

Credits
    Savings
    Keep fighting Cpl. You have all of your Marine family praying for you and your recovery. I will be keeping a candle lit and prayers flowing for you and your family and friends.

Marine Family Free Member Zenio's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    John made it through another surgery today; they removed more tissue from his left hip / leg area. He is still in critical condition, vital signs are stable and suffering from a fever.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Credits
    Savings
    John made it through another surgery today; they removed more tissue from his left hip / leg area. He is still in critical condition, vital signs are stable and suffering from a fever.<o>></o>>
    Hell a fever? Most Marines I know are running a fever at all times
    Thank you Zenio for sharing what I'm sure must be difficult information re. your step-son. Not a prophet, but John is in best hands there are in the Naval Hospital at Bethesda

The Marines here will continue their prayers for John, I'm sure

All my best

Dan

John is continuing to fight for his life, they had to amputate his left hand, he is now a quadruple amputee. John is in my heart and in my prayers daily.

This is the latest news article posted June 4:
    http://www.rrstar.com/news/yourtown/...rth-amputation

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I go to Mass,this morning with my Daughters Audrey,Farrah,@ Fawn,we shall Pray and lite Candles for You and Your family Cpl.Of U.S.Marines...You've got alot of People pulling @ Praying 4 ya,hang in there MARINE.Semper~Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    John made it through another surgery today; they removed more tissue from his left hip / leg area. He is still in critical condition, vital signs are stable and suffering from a fever.<o>></o>>
    Zenio

Please understand my feeble attempt at humor. No disrespect was intended. We all here know John's situation and to hear he made it trough another surgery without further complications other than a fever, to me is good news. My prayers will continue as well as all who read these continued updates. John has a tough road ahead but as you said in a prior post, he's Marine!! He'll never give up

All my best

Credits
    Savings
    Just got back from early Mass. I shared John's plight with those there and want you to know that the prayers are pouring out for his recovery from the challenges that he faces.

Bless you John .

I have no words, to express what I feel right now . Sempre Fidelis!
    Ken

Man, here's a Marine who's literally gave all...He was hit in Iraq, survived that...went on to fight in Afghanistan, to continue his mission as a Marine...and now another hit...Speechless...

I wish we had technology to rebuild amputee's lives, maybe one day science could give us more..and for our Marines, like Corporal John Peck...So maybe they could walk and shake hands again..

Keep fighting brother, you motivate Marines to stay in the fight...

Semper Fi.. Esprit de Corps..

I am saddened by the fact that I missed this thread. My family is praying for this Marine. I am also saddened by the fact that I have been posting light hearted info about my Marine son who is not in harm's way. I think knowing that all of our Marines may or will find themselves in peril is humbling. We will continuie to pray for Cpl. Peck that he will be restored in spirit, mind, and body.

Hello everyone. First, I want to Thank my husband for keeping you all updated. Second, I'd like to Thank all of you for your prayers. Please keep them coming.

John comes from a very strong and patriotic family. We believe in God and our Country.

Per the Orthopedic Surgeon on June 3rd, John's amputations are his left arm is mid forearm, his right arm is above the elbow, his left leg is at the hip (he does have tissue from his leg but no bone), and his right leg is through the knee.

I tell everyone that "he has a long road ahead of him and a strong family behind him." I also tell people that say it's a shame and we shouldn't be overseas that "I, my brother, and now my son fight for their right to have freedom of speech."

They backed off John's sedation today and he responded to yes or no questions in regards to his pain and comfort levels (he is comfortable). He also responded to commands to open and close his eyes. He is on a ventilator so he can't talk but that maybe coming off in the next few days.

He will be going back to surgery tomorrow (Monday, June 7th) to clean out his wounds. He is suffering from a periodic temp which they are treating with abdominal cooling pads. This seems to be working.

I have been stuck in my room for the last two days with a lung infection. I wouldn't want to give anything to John, the wonderful people taking care of him, or any of the other soldier (or patients) in the hospital.

If anyone would like to send John written notes, cards, or letters (which either his wife, myself, or his grandfather will read to him) please send them to the address below. The picture I have posted with my profile is my "baby boy".

God Bless all of you
    Lisa

Cpl John M Peck
    National Naval Medical Center
    8901 Wisconsin Ave
    Bethesda, MD 20889

Lisa, if there is anything you or your family need, please don't hesitate to let us know, I have so many resources at hand and I believe Marineparents.com has sent some information to you also. I am the Purple Heart Family Support Manager for MP out here in San Diego. I know that Bethesda is the best, my husband and I made several visits while we were there.

Just know that even though we're not there I'm keeping John in my prayers aong with all of the family.

You have a huge Marine Family to lean on, I know everyone here is praying and wishing that we could all be there for you.

Hugs
    Joyce Orrell

Cpl John Peck

John,
    We are all praying for you. Be strong. You are very loved and we want you home. Speedy recovery.
    Brenda

Thread Information