Prayers for Cpl John Peck - Page 24
Create Post
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Wonderful News.... God works in many ways and hears everyone's prayers. God Bless.

That is awesome to hear! Cpl Peck, you are an inspiration!!

Credits
    Savings
    Great job Cpl. Peck, your dedication, courage, honor and commitment are inspiring. Keep fighting Marine. God Bless you and give you comfort on your path to recovery. Semper Fi!

Way To Go John!!! You Certainly Are An Inspiration And Always A Hero To Me May God Continue To Richly Bless You And Your Family And Watch Over You.
    Semper Fi My Hero

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

There is going to be a PIG ROAST BENEFIT for Cpl. John Peck & family

Saturday, January 29, 2011 from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm
    at the Poplar Grove FIre Station, Rte 173, Poplar Grove, IL.
    Tickets $10 per person and carryouts are available.
    Silent Auction and Music too!
    Ticket info: Call (815) 262-9188 Y'all come and eat now, hear?

Credits
    Savings
    Here is an update on Cpl. Peck that I received a few days ago from his Grandfather, Richard Piper.

To all of Cpl. Peck's family and friends,
    Hello, I realize it has been quite some time since we have sent an update with our grandson, but the news only has been lately. Some very exciting and some very disturbing. Please allow me to explain.

First, let's cover the very exciting news. John is being considered for receiving two transplanted arms and hands. WOW ! Does that sound exciting? We have been told that this has only been done five times with the first double transplant being done in 2008. He would receive two cadaver arms from the same donor and both arms would be done at the same time. At this time he is waiting for approval, but this has John very excited and very understandably so. This would give John back a lot of his independence and I'm sure some of his pride. We all can only pray that the doctors will approve John and begin to move forward. I also hope that this was not discussed with John before a lot of thought and consideration had been put forth. If, for some reason, this does not take place or he does not get approved, I am worried that it would be a real downer for John. Let me not be negative at this time and again, please pray that if this is GOD'S will, it will happen.

For the very disturbing news. It appears that that the military is ready to leave John in the hospital and not allow him to become an outpatient. This is due to some outdated, STUPID policy that does not allow John's condition to dictate his needs. Apparently they "HAVE THEIR POLICY AND GUIDELINES" and if a Marine loses one leg in combat the rules are exactly the same for a Marine, such as John, who not only loses both legs and both arms and let us not forget that his loss is all of one leg, most of the second leg with only a short section of the second leg, upper thigh only remaining. The left arm is amputed just below the elbow and he has no control of the arm below the elbow so therefore it is totally useless. The right arm is amputed mid-upper arm and is so short that it not useful. This is a case where during John's months in the hospital the Marines had discussed his future and now as the time grows closer to him possibly becoming a out-patient, the past discussions and promises can not take place due to "military rules". Sorry for my negative statement, but our government and their stupid rules STINK !!!! I just wish that the politicians and anyone in authority would stop being very lazy and stop to think about how the new policy or law would affect the American people. If there was a little negative thought with the transplants this is the reason. Things within the military are not always as stated or promised, even to a hero who has given most of his body and life to protect our country and enforce "the policies" This has disturbed John to the point where he stated " I feel like I am being swept under the rug". I agree with this as it seems that, with the military, John is becoming "old news" and therefore a problem.

This situation has become so upsetting to Deb and myself. We just feel helpless and couldn't even imagine what to do or how to help John. After many days being upset and lost we had only one solution turn it over to GOD. At this time I would ask each of you to, once again, return to prayer for John. We believe that GOD will make all things right for John. He left John here for reasons we might not totally understand and we are sure GOD's will is all that matters.,

Now let's move on to more exciting news. On Saturday January 29, 2011 we will be having a pig roast benefit for Cpl. Peck. It will be held at the Poplar Grove Fire Station 305 West Grove St. (Illinois State Route 173) Poplar Grove, Illinois 61065. Serving time is from 3:30 to 7:30 P.M. There will also be silent actions, 50/50 drawings, live music, and DJ's. Many people have asked "how can I help John?" I believe the best answer, at this time, is to attend one of his benefits. His needs are very limited at this time, but will be huge in the future and that is when these benefits will best help to serve him. There will be a limited amount of tickets available, due to the pig size, so please order your tickets ASAP. If you would like to purchase tickets, you may e-mail me and I will either send them to you or have them held at the door for your pick-up. The cost of the tickets are $10.00 per person, a really good price for excellent roasted pig.

Hope to see you at the pig roast and please pray for GOD's direction in Cpl. Peck's life. MAY OUR AWESOME GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Sincerely, Deb & Richard Piper

I will be going to the pig roast this afternoon. I talked with Dick last night, and he has a few more things that he would like to share with me that he didn't want to put into the e-mail. If he gives me permission, I will share this with you. (I will be taking my camera, so if the opportunity presents itself, I will take pictures of the gathering and post them later.)

Please continue to keep Cpl. Peck and his family in your thoughts and prayers. John has a long road ahead of him, and he will need all of the support that we can provide to him.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Prayers for Cpl. Peck still outbound!

Thanks for the update!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Ron for the update

And prayers will continue for Cpl. Peck and for his family as well

Prayer will always be out for Cpl Peck and his family.
    God Bless
    Semper Fi

I'll Continue To Pray For Our Hero And Iam Sure That God Will Continue To Help Him. May God Continue To Richley Bless And Watch John And His Family. That You Sir And Semper Fi,

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

God Bless you Cpl. Peck,may your wounds heal without pain.The real you is you and what you got left.Your a brave man-Cpl.Peck-I salute you Sir-and continue my prayers for you.Your an example of a real fight for life-HERO.You are Special and you will show Greatness.SEMPER fI-my Marine Brother-Keep on Trucken Forward..................Repair.

John has been in the news, you should contact FoxNews, maybe even Bill Oreilly with any injustices. He needs an advocate!

Tryed to Google info on John was not able to find anything please explan what is going on or show a link.

Deff Praying For John!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by mquibell View Post
    John has been in the news, you should contact FoxNews, maybe even Bill Oreilly with any injustices. He needs an advocate!

Please post a link. There is help available from a member on here.

Butch this could also be old news that I care not to bring up, you know what I mean? If not I'll PM you

Thread Information