Engaged and Wannabee
Create Post

Engaged and Wannabee

Hello,

I am currently engaged to a Marine. He graduate in 2010(I graduated in 2011 and I am a year behind his decision) and had his mind set on being a devildog since his early teenage years. Since I've been his friend/girlfriend/fiance I have reconsidered options and routes for my own future. I orignally plans to attend college and get an EMT certification and finish with a Paramedic License. However expeirencing the militray lifestyle has made me ponder the possiblity of becoming a United States Marine and serving along side of my friends and future husband. Though I do have a few questions that i hope to get answered before talking to a recruiter:

1. Reservist or full-time active duty? This is a question because if we are both active duty will we ever see each other?

2. If we are both on active duty could I request the same duty station as him?

3. Should we "tie-the-knot"before or after I enlist?

4. I know many MOS's are not avliable to females, however could I (being a female) get an MOS's in the medical or law enforcement areas?

If you have been in this situation or have some input, I would just like to say PLEASE and THANK YOU in advance.

Once would be enough to ask your questions, not 3 times.....that's considered spamming.

Thread Information