Prayers for Cpl John Peck - Page 15
Create Post
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Prayers still out bound for you Marine

Marine Family Free Member Mom Soz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Joyce, thank you for sharing the article this morning. This morning I am adding prayers of thanks for the progress Cpl Peck has made this far, to my daily prayers for healing and strength. This Marine and his family are never far from thoughts...

cpl peck

Hang in there Corporal Peck, I have put you on my prayer wall at church at and everyone is praying for you. You will make it out and you will survive.
    Marines are not allowed to die without permission and you dont have my permission! .

God bless!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Prayers still going outbound for Cpl Peck from the Browns.

Credits
    Savings
    Prayers are continung as always for Cpl Peck and his family. I am looking forward to the day he comes home to Illinois. I will surely do what I can to be there for his homecoming if his loved one will allow that.

Thanks again for the update.

It's nothing short of amazing what the human spirit is capable of ! Corporal Peck you are an inspiration to all. Semper Fidelis Marine !

Marine Family Free Member Zenio's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello all,

John was removed from sedation on 6pm on Tuesday 7/6

He had surgery on Wednesday 7/7, they changed his wound vac on his left hip and abdomen. All the tissue looked healthy and did not have to do any debridement, the tissue appears to be healing well and no sign of the recent infection

He had surgery on Friday 7/9, the Dr said in regards to his abdomen that it is the best it has ever looked, no debridement was done as the tissue appears to be healing well. They were able to close his abdomen and hip area slightly more and reinstalled the wound vac.

John is breathing on his own and they are giving him oxygen, speech therapy is working with John and a speech box which at this time he can tolerate for 25 minutes.

The Dr’s wanted us to know that John is making very, very small progressive steps but is still very critical and not out of the woods.

Thank you for all the prayers,
    Zenio & Lisa

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenio View Post
    Hello all,

He had surgery on Wednesday 7/7, they changed his wound vac on his left hip and abdomen. All the tissue looked healthy and did not have to do any debridement, the tissue appears to be healing well and no sign of the recent infection

He had surgery on Friday 7/9, the Dr said in regards to his abdomen that it is the best it has ever looked, no debridement was done as the tissue appears to be healing well. They were able to close his abdomen and hip area slightly more and reinstalled the wound vac.

John is breathing on his own and they are giving him oxygen, speech therapy is working with John and a speech box which at this time he can tolerate for 25 minutes.

The Dr’s wanted us to know that John is making very, very small progressive steps but is still very critical and not out of the woods.

Zenio & Lisa
    There are some very positive results in your post. He has been removed from sedation, his abdomen is healing better than expected and John is breathing on his own

God has heard the many thousands of prayers for your son

My prayers will continue for John and for his family

Dan

Wanderful news keeping those prayers out bound

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My Daughters are off to Church We will be Praying for You Cpl.Of United States Marines GodBless You S/F

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenio View Post
    Hello all,

Zenio & Lisa

The Power of Prayer.
    Thank you for the Update Zenio and Lisa.

Prayers Going Out as Always.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    The power of one tough Marine also! Keep fighting Cpl. Peck and God Bless you.

Credits
    Savings
    Here is a story that was in the local paper today. Prayers are continuing for Cpl Peck and his family.

Prognosis improves for wounded Boone Marine

By Chris Green
    RRSTAR.COM
    Posted Jul 12, 2010 @ 12:55 AM
    CALEDONIA — By all accounts, Marine Cpl. John Peck has taken a slight but dramatic turn for the better.

Nearly seven weeks after stepping on an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan and ultimately losing all four of his limbs, Peck recently was brought out of a deep drug-induced coma and is communicating briefly with hospital staff and family.

Peck’s grandfather, Richard Piper of Caledonia, has served as a family spokesman for news about his grandson and delivering prayers to the family from well-wishers and fellow Marines from around the nation.

“It looks like the guy is going to make it,” Piper said last week. “It’s looking like my grandson is a true fighting Marine.”

Peck is still being treated in the ICU at Maryland’s Bethesda Naval Hospital, where his wife, Kristen, and mother, Lisa Krutyholowa, have remained at his side.

For perhaps the first time since Peck was injured, Piper didn’t express fear for his grandson’s life, and he was hopeful for a good quality of life. The family’s optimism has grown as Peck continues to defy the odds.

“I spoke with one of the nurses yesterday,” Piper said. “I’m having trouble believing what I heard. John was speaking on and off for 20 minutes. ... He’s lying in bed, and he mouths words like ‘water.’ They tell him he can’t have water often. They can’t give him water because of the trach tube. They don’t want to get water in his lungs.

“So he’ll pretend to fall asleep, and when the nurse leaves, his wife gives him water. He’s just being John.”

Peck, 24, is a former Jefferson High School student and a graduate of Antioch High School in Lake County. His horrific-to-heroic plight began about a month after his April 19 deployment to Afghanistan.

Peck was a mortar man with the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines Weapons Company, in Helmand province. He was critically wounded May 23 when he stepped on an IED. He had his right leg amputated up to his hip, his left leg at midthigh and his right arm at the elbow.

Shortly after his arrival at the Bethesda hospital, doctors amputated John’s left hand and part of his left arm. John also suffered a severe wound to his abdomen that doctors have not been able to close.

As of Thursday, Peck has had 21 surgeries.

Lt. Gen. Frank A. Panter awarded a second Purple Heart to Peck, who was still under heavy sedation, in early June.

Peck has been able to respond to questions by shaking his head, Piper said, but he doubts that his grandson knows the full extent of his injuries.

“He was trying to sit up. They told him, ‘We cannot let you sit up because of your abdomen.’”

Piper said one of Peck’s nurses told him “she does not believe that John knows he lost his legs.”

Meanwhile, Antioch trustee Dennis Crosby said fundraisers are being planned to help the family with living and travel expenses between Illinois and Maryland.

Piper continues to praise Peck’s team of doctors at Bethesda, calling them some of the best surgeons in the country. While the doctors prepared family members for the worst, they have gained strength from those who continue to hope for the best.

“John’s proving them all wrong,” Piper said. “He’s got a lot to deal with, but he’s got a lot of reinforcements.”

Reach staff writer Chris Green at cgreen@rrstar.com or 815-987-1241.
    Copyright 2010 Rockford Register Star. Some rights reserved

Good news on the update. Prayers out for Cpl. Peck and the Peck family.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cpl.Of Marines may GodBless You and Your Family all the days of Your life your gonna make it You got alot of People Praying and Pulling for You Cpl.Peck...S/F

Thread Information