Prayers for Cpl John Peck - Page 26
Create Post
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Credits
    Savings
    John continues to be in my prayers and an inspiration when I think I have it tough!

Are you sure you want to go there? This isn't the place to air your dirty laundry.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by VPGMOJMP985 View Post
    Are you sure you want to go there? This isn't the place to air your dirty laundry.
    Care to explain that remark? Who are you addressing it to? And kindly fill in your profile

Credits
    Savings
    Please see the following link that was provided to me by his grandfather concerning Cpl. Peck. It is truly inspiring, and proof that prayers do work!!! Deb and Dick would like to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers over the last months of John's recovery. Let's keep those prayers going to this warrior. His fight is not over yet.

http://www.jtfcapmed.gov/2011/01/hea...-michael-peck/

Credits
    Savings
    Ron

That was incredible. It is so good to finally get to see and hear Cpl Peck. What fantastic young man and Marine. And isn't it great that all the services can come together to help all our wounded warriors to heal?

His last line "It's just my job" speaks volumes

Yes prayers do work, I am firmly convinced of that and I will continue to pray for John

Thanks Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rb1651 View Post
    Please see the following link that was provided to me by his grandfather concerning Cpl. Peck. It is truly inspiring, and proof that prayers do work!!! Deb and Dick would like to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers over the last months of John's recovery. Let's keep those prayers going to this warrior. His fight is not over yet.

http://www.jtfcapmed.gov/2011/01/hea...-michael-peck/

Update: 4/26/11 John's grandfather says John is still working hard in recovery. He is still very close to, but no longer in, the hospital, and his Mother is with him as his non-medical care giver. Some of the big news is that John's being promoted to Sergeant!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudadad View Post
    Update: 4/26/11 John's grandfather says John is still working hard in recovery. He is still very close to, but no longer in, the hospital, and his Mother is with him as his non-medical care giver. Some of the big news is that John's being promoted to Sergeant!

Thank you for the update and congrats to Sgt. John Peck

TO MY HERO SGT JOHN WAY TO GO GODBLESS YOU MY FRIEND YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION TO US ALL AGAIN SEMPER FI AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO RICHLY BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

Marine Family Free Member Zenio's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello all,

John is doing well and would like to Thank everyone for all the support he has recieved.
    If any of you would like to reach him his email address is jmpeck1985@gmail.com or call his cell (202)904-6626.
    John would also like it noted that any and all future donation be made to Cpl John M Peck Fund at the
    State Bank of the Lakes
    440 Lake Street
    Antioch, IL 60002-1478
    (847) 395-2700

Thank you,
    Zenio

Antioch honors wounded Marine, but he denies he's a hero

Marine Cpl. John Peck doesn't remember who told him he lost his limbs after stepping on an explosive device in Afghanistan nearly a year ago.
    But he remembers the overwhelming emotion he felt at the time.
    “I was ****ed off, I admit it,” Peck, of Antioch Township, recalled in an interview Monday. “But being ****ed off isn't going to do anything. ... It's going to make people around you not want to be around you.”

Read more: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...#ixzz1MIJEGV2L

Cpl. John Peck

For those of you that don't know what happened to Cpl. Peck, i will post the info below. We where contacted by his family a few days ago, The V.A, PVA, DAV or the American Legion will not help him.He needs a wheelchair lift at his parents home, so he can come home until then he is at Walter Reed. I have been hearing this more and more and how these "Top" Veteran organization will not help these soldiers because they are not on the lease of the home. The V.A always tells me they are sorry and thats about how far it goes. So we at the Sandbox Veterans Of America find ourselves fundraising to help these soldiers. I am sorry i can't leave a man behind, not in my nature. So after you read his bio, please contact us to help bring this young man home to his family and please write into your V.A tell them this is B.S that they can't help these heros.
    -- An Illinois Marine who survived an attack involving an improvised explosive device in Iraq has been severely wounded for the second time. Corporal John Peck lost both legs and an arm.

Corporal Peck has faced death twice. Three years ago in Iraq, the Marine suffered a brain injury when his convoy hit an explosive device. This week in Afghanistan, an IED tore off both of his legs and part of one arm. He's now being treated in Germany.
    "He lost three limbs fighting for this country. And that says a lot," said Lisa Krutyholowa, Corporal Peck's mother.
    Krutyholowa is a proud but worried mother. Since her son graduated from Antioch High and joined the Marines, she's been wearing his class ring and his picture is always close to her heart. She says even though her son was injured once he still felt compelled to serve.
    "He was already injured. He wanted to go back again and serve his country. That tells me I did a good job because I can be proud of my son," said Krutyholowa.
    "I am so proud of my brother. He is my hero," said Alysia Krutyholowa, Peck's stepsister.
    The 24-year-old Marine just got married on Valentine's Day. His family is grateful he is alive.
    That type of injury is one Dr. Thomas Baer has seen. The orthopedic surgeon, who is 56, just returned from Afghanistan, where he helped the wounded right on the front lines - wounded warriors like Peck.
    "You know this person is depending on you to save his life. You focus on the job and block out the emotion. You do everything you can to save his life," said Dr. Thomas Baier, Major US Army Reserve.
    Dr. Baier joined the Army Reserve after watching one of his sons graduate from boot camp. And he encourages other civilian doctors to step forward.
    "These kids are fighting for us. Doctors here should step forward," said Dr. Baier.
    It is a civilian sacrifice that has saved others - young lives like Corporal Peck.
    "He has a long road ahead of him and he's got a strong family to help him through that," said Lisa Krutyholowa.

EMAIL US AT sandboxveterans@yahoo.com Subject; Cpl. John Peck

Thread Information