Create Post
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Continued prayers outbound from Canada. God Bless

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hang Tuff Cpl.Peck...You have alot of people Praying and Pulling for You MARINE...GodBless You and Your Family...Semper Fidelis

Marine Family Free Member Zenio's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    John is doing better!!!

He will be moved to Walter Reed on Tuseday 8/10 to start rehab.

Thank you for all your Prayers, MIRACLES do happen.
    Zenio & Lisa

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Wonderful news

Quote Originally Posted by Zenio View Post
    John is doing better!!!

Zenio & Lisa

Sir, that is incredibly great news!!!! I'm so happy for John and for your family

Yes prayers do sometimes produce miracles. But my prayers will continue for both John and your family

Dan

Yes, and that is why they call it the power of Prayer and they will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenio View Post
    John is doing better!!!

Zenio & Lisa
    I am so doing the happy dance for John and all of you! Oh my gosh, that is such great news. I'm continuing to pray for him, he is an amazing Marine!

Hugs
    Joyce

Credits
    Savings
    Images

I sent up a thank you prayer to the good Lord above as I read the latest update.
    Cpl John Peck continues making great strides on his road to recovery...astounding warrior spirit!

Thats Fantastici Will Continue My Thoughts And Prayer May God Continue To Richley Bless You All

Semper Fi
    Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Zenio

When you have the time could you post John's new address at Walter Reed. I'm sure there are many who would like to drop him a line or a card.

My prayers are continuing as Cpl. Peck enters into his rehab stage
    . One step closer to going home.

Credits
    Savings
    Here's an update in the paper this morning.

Critically wounded Marine shows improvement
    Flag-raising, dedication set for tonight in Caledonia.

By Chris Green
    RRSTAR.COM
    Posted Aug 12, 2010 @ 11:31 PM
    CALEDONIA — Less than two weeks after being moved out of Bethesda Naval Hospital’s intensive care unit in Maryland, U.S. Marine Cpl. John Peck returned.

Peck was not brought back because his condition worsened. Instead, he returned in a wheelchair with a smile on his face and his wife, Kristen, by his side. He offered words of encouragement to a fellow Marine from the same battalion. Like Peck, this Marine also lost both of his legs in Afghanistan.

This week, Peck’s grandfather, Richard Piper of Caledonia, shared that story from his Caledonia home. News of Peck’s goodwill visit pleased but did not surprise Piper.

“That sounds like John to me,” he said. “Who better to visit than him?”

In 11 weeks, the critically wounded 24-year-old Marine has gone from comforted to comforter.

Thanks in large part to Richard and Deb Piper’s requests for continual prayer and mass e-mail blasts detailing their grandson’s life-threatening injuries, as well as his will to live and remarkable recovery, Peck’s plight has caught the attention of many in the Rock River Valley.

To show their gratitude for their grandson’s sacrifice and for the countless people who continue to offer support, the public is invited to a flag-raising and dedication ceremony at 6 p.m. today on the front lawn of the Pipers’ residence at 758 Ivy Oaks Drive.

A Marine contingent will set the pole and raise two flags, the U.S. flag and Marine Corps flag.

“The flags will always fly in honor of our grandson, John M. Peck, our son, Toby A. Piper, and all of the Marines who have or will serve our country,” Richard Piper said. “We will record the raising, and John will receive a copy to show our love and support of his commitment and for the loss he has suffered to protect our country.”

Prognosis: Four prostheses
    Peck is a former Jefferson High School student and a graduate of Antioch High School in Lake County. He deployed April 19 to Afghanistan.

As a member of the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines Weapons Company, in Helmand province, Peck was critically wounded May 23 when he was on patrol and stepped on an IED. The blast caused the amputation of his right leg up to the hip, his left leg at midthigh and his right arm at the elbow.

Shortly after his arrival at Bethesda, doctors amputated his left hand and part of his left arm. Doctors also had to treat and close a severe wound in Peck’s abdomen.

Peck remained in a drug-induced coma for several weeks as more than 20 surgeries were performed. Since then, his wounds have been closed, some with skin grafts. Tuesday, he was transferred from Bethesda to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, a huge hospital complex on the outskirts of Washington.

The hospital is known worldwide for its surgical teams who perform about 1,000 operations a month, including routine same-day procedures to open-heart surgery, organ transplants, total joint replacements and artery and vein repairs.

“They are going to start creating molds and shaping his stumps, and they will start putting prostheses on him,” Piper said. “I would not be surprised if that young man does not have at least one prosthesis on the next time I see him.”

VPM helps out
    On Thursday, the area’s three Backyard Grill & Bars in Loves Park, Cherry Valley and Roscoe will host a benefit for Peck. Supporters of the injured Marine are invited to dine at any of the restaurants between 5 and 9 p.m. The owners are donating 20 percent of their food sales made between those hours to the Piper family.

Debra Sillanpaa, who signs all of her correspondences “VPM (very proud mom) of LCpl Bruce 1/1 Charlie Co.,” has a 24-year-old son, Bruce, stationed at Camp Pendleton. Calif. She also is a former employee of the Backyard Grill & Bar restaurants who approached the co-owners, Martin Elliott and Rich Schmidt, and asked if they would host a benefit in Peck’s behalf.

“I just wanted to do it, because I think we should,” she said. “If it were my son, I would hope somebody would come forward.”

Sillanpaa said the Pipers will use the proceeds to help with expenses as they travel to and from the East Coast. Separate donations can also be made at each location, and patrons can also sign an oversize greeting card at each restaurant.

“All I want him to know is we are supporting him,” Sillanpaa said. “That’s my ultimate goal.”

Staff writer Chris Green can be reached at cgreen@rrstar.com or 815-987-1241.
    Copyright 2010 Rockford Register Star. Some rights reserved

I'll be there for the flag raising tonight. If I have time after work, I'll run home and get the camera and take pictures that I'll post here.

Prayers are continuing for Cpl. Peck and his family.

I had read the above article this morning. Seeing the photo of John and his wife, Kristen, reaffirmed my believe in the combined power of prayer and true fighting spirit! Oorah, Cpl!!!

Yes !! Out standing Prayers will continue

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Right On...Go Cpl.Peck Go...Semper Fi That God Is Great

Thoughts And Prayers Will Continue Until You Are Home With The Wife.
    Oooooooooooooooooorrraaaaaaahhhhhh!!
    To My Hero Semper Fi And Godbless You And Your Family

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thread Information