Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Prayers Outbound As Always............

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thank you for the update Joyce.

My prayers continue for Cpl. Peck and his wife and entire family.

Cpl. Peck you are an inspirational young man from whom all of us can learn the meaning of courage and service!

Many ... many blessings

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was watching the news last night, I live outside DC, and they were covering the Marine Corp Marathon. They were doing a story about a Marine who completed the Marathon while wearing a gas mask the whole time. He did it on behalf of his friend. Cpl John Peck. It was great to see Cpl Peck there and to hear him talk. It brought tears to my eyes to see him and hear from him directly after all the updates we have been getting on here. What a courageous and inspirational young man he is.

Your Looking Good My Brother,
    Semper Fi My Brother And Prayers Continue To Go Your Way!!

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Prayers out to that young Marine he has the heart and the will.

I understand that Cpl Peck is facing additional challenges, which to any less of a man would seem insurmountable, so I am adding additional prayers for him. John, a grateful nation and untold thousands of Marine loved ones are keeping you in our constant thoughts and prayers!

Credits
    Savings
    Update from Richard Piper, Cpl Peck's grandfather.

Mr. Piper and his wife are on their way to go see John. I spoke with him on Friday. He said to let all know that John is doing well, and is now being fitted with prosthetics. (sp?) His recovery continues well, but there has been a few challenges laid before him that I can't go into details with here.

His spirits are high, and he is looking forward to the day of his release. Cpl Peck would also like to thank you for all of your support and prayers, but because he is still on the long road to recovery the prayers still need to keep going.

Mr. Piper will be including me in his E-Mail updates with the rest of the family members, as well as personal conversations, so that I can continue to keep all of you informed as he progresses.

Prayers are continuing for Cpl Peck, as well as for Richard and Deb as they journey out to see their Grandson.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cpl Peck you are in my thoughts. Keep up the good fight Marine. You are inspirational.

A very sad and tragic story. God be with you all.

Credits
    Savings

Update on Cpl Peck

Great news on Cpl Peck. I received an e-mail from Dick Piper regarding John. He is doing well, and is getting fitted with his prothesis. Again, he is in great spirits, and is progressing well. His determination to overcome his injuries is truly inspiring. Below is part of Mr. Pipers words to me:

"One of the things we are so thankful for is the progress our grandson John has made. Most days he is witty, inspiring, sincere, considerate, and very positive. Please understand he does have his down times, but he certainly deserves some of those times as well . Deb and I had the chance to spend many hours with John lately and the times he gets slightly depressed are usually very short and not as often as one would expect. I admire my grandson for his fantastic attitude. I believe it would be very difficult for any of us to be sitting, either in bed or a wheelchair, not able to help ourselves, do what WE want, eat how WE wish to eat, and numerous other things that we completely control in our lives. John continually looks forward to the things he wants to do and sets goals for himself. HE IS ONE AMAZING MARINE AND CHILD OF GOD. I believe that all of your love, concern and prayers are what has helped John through this terrible ordeal. I Thank each of you and only ask you to continue to do what you have done in the past. Our prayers and love are shining through and hopefully John will be able to meet and thank each of you personally. I do believe that day is coming soon. The doctors, P/T's, O/T's, and nurses have started discussing the next phase, which will be when John becomes an out-patient. This might not be for approximately three months, but the discussion of it has given John hope in a new way. He seems to be inspired by challenges from his doctors and nurses that remind him of his next move out of the hospital. I sure can understand his getting tired of the inside of a hospital."

Below is Dick's words descibing his fittings: (Please note that the third picture is not included.)

"The third picture is a fitting of his prosthesis for his left left arm and in the fourth picture the technician is showing John that he will be able to move his arm and feed himself. You are also able to see all of the amputations and just how serious John's amputations are. Please also review the facial expressions on John in the picture and you will realize his wonderful attitude.
    "The fifth picture is one that was extremely special to Deb, myself, the doctors, his hospital friends, and everyone around as John stood on his trial prosthesis legs for the very FIRST time. When asked if he had pain John's answer was "nope, feels good. When can I walk". The answer he received was "maybe in a week", so he will try walking any day now. Neat, REALLY NEAT !!!!!"

Of course, there are a few more pictures that I will add in a further reply. All I can say is that this has been a very humbling time as I get to know more about this Marine and his wonderful Grandparents.

Please remember to keep John in your prayers this year. He still has a long road to haul, and the prayers do help.

(More of his progress to follow.)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cpl Peck standing.jpg‎
Views:	414
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	8983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prostetic arm.jpg‎
Views:	320
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	8984  

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go Marine Go GodBless You Son Semper Fidelis

OOOUUT fricken standing and thnaks for the update. My prayers will not stop for John and his family.
    God Bless you John. Semper Fi

Awesome he make you proud we are Marines!!!! Oorahh

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Great pictures and even greater news. Thank you for posting. Prayers will continue for his recovery

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great News !!!
    Prayers Outbound as Always.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thread Information