Hatred of sin
Create Post

Thread: Hatred of sin

Credits
    Savings

Hatred of sin

C.H.Spurgeon morning devotionals Psalm 45:7 http://links.christiansunite.com/go.cgi?li2

Credits
    Savings

Misposted

I want to clarify this post, by saying it originally was the morning of the posting. It was concerned with the hatred of sin, thus the title of the post.However it does both morning and evening topics which change daily. I hope you will get into the habit of following on a daily basis. thanx Gary / Moz 68-70 USMC

Credits
    Savings

Mini-Bible

Easy as one two three. http://www.jrsbible.info/bible.htm

Credits
    Savings

Trinity

I had known of some of this before when I first was saved back in 1980/81/82. But because of aging things don't stick as much as when I was younger. anyway here is the best discription of the trinity I have ever read.O.T. mostly and some of the new. Gary / Moz http://www.biblicalresources.info/pa...trinityot.html

Last edited by gkmoz; 06-11-10 at 12:17 PM. Reason: sp

Credits
    Savings

Found it..................

hatred of sin.

May 29 - Morning

"Thou hatest wickedness." — Psalm 45:7
    "Be ye angry, and sin not." There can hardly be goodness in a man if he be not angry at sin; he who loves truth must hate every false way. How our Lord Jesus hated it when the temptation came! Thrice it assailed Him in different forms, but ever He met it with, "Get thee behind me, Satan." He hated it in others; none the less fervently because He showed His hate oftener in tears of pity than in words of rebuke; yet what language could be more stern, more Elijah-like, than the words, "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer."
    He hated wickedness, so much that He bled to wound it to the heart; He died that it might die; He was buried that He might bury it in His tomb; and He rose that He might for ever trample it beneath His feet. Christ is in the Gospel, and that Gospel is opposed to wickedness in every shape. Wickedness arrays itself in fair garments, and imitates the language of holiness; but the precepts of Jesus, like His famous scourge of small cords, chase it out of the temple, and will not tolerate it in the Church.
    So, too, in the heart where Jesus reigns, what war there is between Christ and Belial! And when our Redeemer shall come to be our Judge, those thundering words, "Depart, ye cursed" which are, indeed, but a prolongation of His life-teaching concerning sin, shall manifest His abhorrence of iniquity. As warm as is His love to sinners, so hot is His hatred of sin; as perfect as is His righteousness, so complete shall be the destruction of every form of wickedness. O thou glorious champion of right, and destroyer of wrong, for this cause hath God, even Thy God, anointed thee with the oil of gladness above Thy fellows.

Credits
    Savings
    Now we have received . . . the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God."-1 Corinthians 2:12

Dear reader, have you received the spirit which is of God, wrought by the Holy Ghost in your soul? The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart may be clearly seen from this fact, that all which has been done by God the Father, and by God the Son, must be ineffectual to us, unless the Spirit shall reveal these things to our souls. What effect does the doctrine of election have upon any man until the Spirit of God enters into him? Election is a dead letter in my consciousness until the Spirit of God calls me out of darkness into marvellous light. Then through my calling, I see my election, and knowing myself to be called of God, I know myself to have been chosen in the eternal purpose. A covenant was made with the Lord Jesus Christ, by His Father; but what avails that covenant to us until the Holy Spirit brings us its blessings, and opens our hearts to receive them? There hang the blessings on the nail-Christ Jesus; but being short of stature, we cannot reach them; the Spirit of God takes them down and hands them to us, and thus they become actually ours. Covenant blessings in themselves are like the manna in the skies, far out of mortal reach, but the spirit of God opens the windows of heaven and scatters the living bread around the camp of the spiritual Israel. Christ's finished work is like wine stored in the wine-vat; through unbelief we can neither draw nor drink. The Holy Spirit dips our vessel into this precious wine, and then we drink; but without the Spirit we are as truly dead in sin as though the Father never had elected, and though the Son had never bought us with His blood. The Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary to our well-being. Let us walk lovingly towards Him and tremble at the thought of grieving Him.

Read Revelation 3:20

AMEN gkmoz! Good word!

Thread Information