Brainstorming for a tattoo in mrmory of a fallen Marine.
Create Post

Exclamation Brainstorming for a tattoo in mrmory of a fallen Marine.

hello all,

My grandpa, my hero who was a Marine in Korea recently lost his battle to lung cancer.

I want to get a tattoo in memory of him but I'm having trouble thinking of a tattoo Marine Corps related to honor him. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks! have a good day!

-Jen

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry for Your Loss Jen and One of Our Brothers...

Go to Photobucket and Type in Marine Corps Memorial Tattoos.
    There are Thousands there.
    Click on the Tattoo to Enlarge it.

Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

I would keep it simple. Try having a set of Dog tags from the Koren era drawn up with his name, unit DOB-DOD, Rank etc....But keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jboesl View Post
    hello all,

My grandpa, my hero who was a Marine in Korea recently lost his battle to lung cancer.

I want to get a tattoo in memory of him but I'm having trouble thinking of a tattoo Marine Corps related to honor him. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks! have a good day!

-Jen

Or maybe the fallen warrior shrine with helmet boots and rifle and his name and dates

or the Marine badge with His name and dates below it

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I often thought about this same thing over my dad, he passed in 1980 and he was regular Army, he won two bronze stars in korea adn got a commendation from the presidetn for his service in combat, I have sevferal pics of him in uniform, i was thinking about having the one wof him in his combat unit wiht his soup pot helmut on and his two broonze stars somwhere in the pic to show that he earned them in korea, like maybe around his cameio or something, think like that and youll come up wiht somehtin to really honor him,

Marine Free Member 2ndLAADBnWRENCH's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I have over 300 hours a tattoo's on me. I was a friend a many a tat parlor over the years... A brand new shop opened a week ago here in AntiPolo City Rizal Philippines.. Army Ret Smadge oversee's it I hear. I can say go really slow in planning and keep the idea simple yet explosive in nature.. Make an eye catcher thats not all bogged down with too many idea's in one spot distracting from the issue memorial to grand pop's.. The Marines above all have good advice also. You can find several good art pieces already used for tattoo etc n transition all or sections etc to one piece for your use of memorial.. The more Idea's the artist has to look at the quicker you can rule out and make that beauty of a piece to honor Grand's!!!!

Just
    JB

Thread Information