Thank you for your help in 2007!
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Thank you for your help in 2007!

Just a note to THANK everyone who answered my questions, and helped me along when our son decided to enlist in 2007. I look back now, and realize just how far we have come. My son is a Corporal, deployed to Helmand. I feel like I gained a huge new family in the process. It is just amazing to be a Marine Mom. Along with the immense pride we have in our own son, we also feel personally connected to every car we pass with a USMC bumper sticker, and are amazed at the conversations we have had with complete strangers in the parking lot of Target! If you guys could have told me all of this back then, I may have been a little skeptical. This is something that must be experienced to be really understood.
    There is no family like the Marine Corps family, so thank you, my Marine Corps friends, for the posts you answered, for the letters you sent to my son at Parris Island, and for making this Mom a little less worried. In turn, I was able to be a source of comfort and answers when my friend's son enlisted.

I guess this is a good weekend to just say thanks, and to remember those who have given all.

Remember the poppies of Flanders Field? Those same poppies are waving in Afghanistan right now. Semper Fi.

I am honored to be the Mom of a Marine.

Amy
    (tohegal)

Semper Fi
    (it's more than just words)

the young MARINES of today make us older MARINES damn proud may god and his brother MARINES bring him home safe SEMPER FI they are not just words

Its a great thing to be a part of, a hard journey but if you make it you are part of a family with the richest heritage possible. Semper Fidelis! Every time I run into another Marine its like a family reunion even thought 99.5% of the time i have never met them before.

Thread Information