do I rate any kind of id card?
Create Post

do I rate any kind of id card?

I was just curious as to if you are currently out of the USMC do you get or rate any kind of id card??

I cant show my reserve letter of seperation because it still shows an OTH discharge(waiting for my dd 215 with the changes to honorable) but my RE code is a 1A which is in my ompf and is in DEERS.

I was just curious! I know some places offer military discounts but you must have an id and some of the stores state you must have an id card even if you are out and did not do 20 years. Thanks! S/F Kris

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I might be wrong but....................I don't think "military discount" is good for us Vets. Don't worry - usually on Vet's Day somebody will want to feed you (Golden Coral, Ryan's). As far as the ID, I got one the day I walked out the front gate for the last time. It was a different color and expired at the end of my IRR.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here you go

10% off Military Discounts.............10% discount 24/7 to all military personnel who are active, reserve, retired or disabled veterans and their family members, with a valid, government-issued military ID card to include VA Health Care Card.

Apparel
    • Aeropostale
    • The Buckle
    • Dress Barn
    • The Finish Line
    • FootAction
    • Footlocker
    • Gadzooks
    • Goody's
    • Hot Topic
    • Jos. A. Bank
    • Jockey
    • Kohl's
    • Lerner
    • New York & Company
    • Nike
    • Pac Sun
    • Rack Room Shoes
    • Timberland Outlets (active duty only)
    Auto
    • AutoZone
    • Big 10 Tires
    • Checker Auto Parts
    • Kragen Auto Parts
    • NAPA Auto Parts
    • O'Reilly Auto Parts
    Restaurants
    • Applebee's
    • Arby's
    • A&W
    • Back Yard Burgers
    • Barnhill's
    • Burger King
    • Captain D's
    • Carl's Jr.
    • Chick-Fil-A
    • Ci-Ci's
    • Cotton Patch
    • Denny's
    • Dunkin' Donuts
    • Golden Corral
    • IHOP
    • Java Cafe
    • KFC
    • Long John Silver
    • Maggie Moo's
    • McDonald's
    • The Melting Pot
    • Moe's
    • Pancho's Mexican Buffet
    • Panda Express
    • Papa Murphy's
    • Pat & Oscar's
    • Pizza Hut
    • Quizno's
    • Red Robin
    • Shoney's
    • Sizzler
    • Sonic
    • Taco Bell
    • Texas Roadhouse
    • Wendy's
    • Whataburger
    Services Travel and Leisure Other Products
    • Apple Computers
    • Bass Pro Shop
    • Champs Sports
    • Copeland's Sports
    • Dell
    • Dick's Sporting Goods
    • The Discovery Channel Store
    • GNC
    • Great Party
    • Happy Harry's
    • K-mart
    • Michael's
    • Play It Again Sports
    • Pure Beauty
    • Sally Beauty Supply
    • Spencer's Gifts
    • Sportsman's Warehouse
    • Suncoast
    • Wilson's Leather

No id card that I know of but if you join the MCL, MCA, American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, or the VFW then you will have you card.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by motox151 View Post
    I was just curious as to if you are currently out of the USMC do you get or rate any kind of id card??

I cant show my reserve letter of seperation because it still shows an OTH discharge(waiting for my dd 215 with the changes to honorable) but my RE code is a 1A which is in my ompf and is in DEERS.

I was just curious! I know some places offer military discounts but you must have an id and some of the stores state you must have an id card even if you are out and did not do 20 years. Thanks! S/F Kris
    Someone posted a list of "service friendly" stores a few months ago. Might want to do a search. I have my DOD ID from doing my 20 but I'm still amazed at how few retailers are willing to knock off 5 or10 % for service personnel whether active, retired or separated.

Hit the DOD site, you might find some info. It would be nice if the BIG BUCK Corporations realized that they would not exist unless American young men and women were willing to wear the uniform and go in harms way

Good luck

Dan

LOL, Rocky beat me to it, mainly because I type so frigin slow. Thanks Rocky for the list!!!!

Last edited by USNAviator; 05-26-10 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Update

good to go! Thanks for the replies

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Take your DD-214 to the VA and request an ID card.

Which you should do anyway to make sure you are enrolled for health care JIC

When I EAS I went to the local military base and got a reserve ID that expired at the end of my contract obligation(IRR)

You do not rate a military ID card unless you are active duty, reservist, retired, 100% service connected or disabled, and/or dependent of any of the above. They are color coded to identify which category you fall into.

PMO never took my ID when i left the service lol. so i kept it and it expired at the end of Febuary 2008. but now i got a new CAC card because i'm Civial Service and it looks the same as my old CAC card but with the Affiliation is says civilian instead of showing paygrade E5/SGT lol

When I 1st came in, back in 02 (like that was so long ago lol) I received the green ID card. Then right before my 1st tour I had to change it to the new ID cards SMH. I had both of them until my wallet got stolen last year. Now I just have my VA Card.

Thread Information