A question concerning MOS/Ship Date
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

A question concerning MOS/Ship Date

This is for all Poolees and/or Marines (since you are former Poolees )

How long did it take for your recruiter to get back to you with an MOS selection?

Got a high score on the ASVAB. My recruiter said we'd sit down the next day and work out an MOS selection for me. I ended up emailing him a list of 4 that I wanted to get into.

This was two weeks ago.

He still hasn't gotten back to me on it.

Any advice/tips/etc?

(I tried searching this but nothing shows up, so please don't rip on this thread--it's a legitimate question floating in my head quite frequently.)

It took my recruiter to get my contract of flight crew chief about 2-3 weeks.

My best advice would be to meet them face to face and talk with them about the different possibilities you could take. There is NO rush whatsoever, it's your life, make the decisions you think will make you happy.

Remember to think everything over for at least a week, that way you are absolutely certain about what you want.

Also, judging by your ship date (which is a longer wait then mine), you have plenty of time to make up your mind about what field you want to go into.

I'd say the more important things you should be worrying about now are the learning aspects (general orders and such) and the physical aspects (always room for improvement).

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    Also, judging by your ship date (which is a longer wait then mine), you have plenty of time to make up your mind about what field you want to go into.

I'd say the more important things you should be worrying about now are the learning aspects (general orders and such) and the physical aspects (always room for improvement).

Thank you for your advice. I'm mostly worried about not getting the MOS I want. It seems that's a frequent worry in the DEP world? I work out every day though. My IST scores have already increased since I DEPed in.
    I just want my recruiter to get on board with my enthusiasm and give me a little motivation (aka my MOS/ship date...)

Quote Originally Posted by megs View Post
    Thank you for your advice. I'm mostly worried about not getting the MOS I want. It seems that's a frequent worry in the DEP world? I work out every day though. My IST scores have already increased since I DEPed in.
    I just want my recruiter to get on board with my enthusiasm and give me a little motivation (aka my MOS/ship date...)
    Well, I wouldn't know about the struggle for an MOS cause it seemed so easy that it wasn't even an issue for me. Hmm, dang, I think your recruiter either has a lot of things to do and is really busy or isn't worried about you.. cause my recruiter is in contact with me all the time.

I've already gotten my MOS, but most of the poolees at my RS just ask him about it while they are at the weekly PT or at an all hands pool function. Just ask each time you see and be persistant.

I scored a 93 on the ASVAB and was able to get an 0300 infantry contract just days after speaking to my recruiter. this was practically a year ago while I was still a junior, so that MOS was probably not as filled up as it is these days. the time it takes to get your contract depends on what MOS you want.

I think your best bet would be to meet him in his office and talk about it since you've already emailed him and didn't get a response.

It took me about four months to get my infantry contract.

Thread Information