Opinions on PTSD treatment?
Closed Thread

Opinions on PTSD treatment?

Hello Marines!

I'm writing my final english research paper on combat-related PTSD and the controversial "inadequate" treatment given by the military, and I was wondering what your opinions on this subject are.

After a lot of research, it seems the most common treatment for troops returning from Iraq and the ghan (who show symptoms of PTSD) are simply diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorders and given prescription antidepressants. They are then sent back into combat when they should probably be given additional help depending on the severity of their PTSD. I've also read that most therapy sessions are minimal and could even get most service members in trouble.

What are your thoughts, Marines? So far I'm pretty shocked with the things I've learned so far. I've got an 03XX contract and I enlisted for the sole purpose to fight. Coming back from a tour with PTSD is now a huge issue I've been thinking of lately, but that hasn't changed or swayed my MOS decision at all.

PS: I know that there is a PTSD board for this, but I'm under the impression that it's not for Poolees.

Quote Originally Posted by nikoreps
    PS: I know that there is a PTSD board for this, but I'm under the impression that it's not for Poolees.
    That is correct. You can view that part of the forum, but you cannot post there. You should be able to get what info you need from that forum.

Thread Information