Reservist question
Create Post

Reservist question

Hey all, my brother is in the reserves and he is a 92 day reservist about to go to mct. He is worried that if he gets dropped in mct due to injury or something they wont send him home yet because he has not been able to enroll in school because his enrollment doesnt start untill july. I was just wondering if anyone knows if they can kick him out of the program for not being enrolled in school even though he is not able to yet? Also i went through SOI and i remember people getting hurt all the time. Is MCT as bad and do people get dropped as often?

I doubt they will kick him out of the 92 day reserve program if he gets stuck in medical.

This did happen to a good friend of mine however, and this is no sh*t. He got a bad case of cellulitis and was held up for a month or so. His original contract was for infantry, but they changed both his MOS and HTC (drill center) he'd be drilling at. They made him a combat engineer, pushed him through MCT rather than ITB, and sent him back home for college.

I never really understood how anyone gets hurt in bootcamp or MCT.... True, some things are unavoidable, but come on.

Last edited by gwamo1; 05-17-10 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling of word.

Thread Information