Interview questions?
Create Post

Interview questions?

This is a rhetorical post, but I would like to get some input on a couple of questions I was asked on a second interview.

1- I was asked why I was looking for a job?
    2- I was asked what I thought of the initial interviewers skill sets because he was new to the company?
    3- I was asked a question about how I have managed since I have not been working since June of 2009.( This one I gave a direct a reply to)
    4- Asked me what companies I have had interviews with?

I was also told that I was one of three that made it this far.

Just curious for responses to this line of questioning. That's why it's rhetorical.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Joe

I think 2 and 4 are out of line. In 2 you're being asked to critique a current employee, that's not your responsibility.

And #4 is none of their business.

I've heard of people being asked #3. And # 1 is just plain stupid

My two cents

Sorry you've been out of work but best of luck to you!!

Dan

Hey I know I'm new to the site/forums but if I may I'd like to add my 2 cents. I was recently on the panel for our first round of interviews we just had.

#1 Seems kind of ridiculous. I think it would be pretty obvious why anyone is looking for a job.

#2 Seems kind of ridiculous as well if they were asking a potential employee ask to critque a current employee new or not.

#3 Seems like it had potential to be a legitimate question. I think a break in employment would be a valid question to ask a potential employee but asking them "how they got by" might not be valid.

#4 Was a question we asked everyone. How important was this career to them? How bad did they want to be a firefighter? Someone who applied to every FD within 50 miles might want the career more than the person who only applied to 1.

It might be apples and oranges, but I figured I'd chime in. Good luck and I hope you get the job!

SF

Joe,

here is my half cent... 2,4 should not be in a second interview with that said evaluating the initial interviewer because he was new to the Company would send up an alarm to me.

I understand #3 knowing the career field you are in, I can myself asking that one. As for #4 that may be a strategic question for recruiting purposes, my thoughts

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjoe View Post
    This is a rhetorical post, but I would like to get some input on a couple of questions I was asked on a second interview.

1- I was asked why I was looking for a job?
    2- I was asked what I thought of the initial interviewers skill sets because he was new to the company?
    3- I was asked a question about how I have managed since I have not been working since June of 2009.( This one I gave a direct a reply to)
    4- Asked me what companies I have had interviews with?

I was also told that I was one of three that made it this far.

Just curious for responses to this line of questioning. That's why it's rhetorical.

Morning Joe.
    Me being me, I'll add my 2 cents to your questions Brother.

1. I am not looking for a Job but more of A Challenge because I like to Test my Skills and Talents in the Work Force.

2. Evidently he's not doing the job he was hired for because I am a Top Notch Candidate and he should have hired me on the spot.

3. I am living off my trust fund but I have so much to offer why let my Talents go to waste.

4. I would like to tell you but I signed a Confidentiality Statement with these Corporations and My Word is My Word, after all I am A Marine!!!

Good Luck Brother!!!

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thanks for the input.

Thread Information