Getting ANNOYED!!!
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Getting ANNOYED!!!

Well I'm still stuck here, going for try number four of being shipped off to bootcamp. The first time I did not ship because I had my ship date pushed back due to "high demand" then second time was because I was 5lbs overweight, the third time because my MOS was "changed" I was sworn in at MEPs with and MOS as an ELECTRICIAN then I was told I would be shipping out Jan 25 2010 as a MECHANIC;

NOW IM TOLD I WILL BE SHIPPING OUT TO P.I ON MAY 24 WITH AN MOS AS INFANTRY.......

I AM WORRIED THAT I WILL NOT SHIP OUT ON THE 24th BECAUSE AFTER ALL THIS BEING TOSSED AROUND TOLD DIFFERENT DATES HAVING FRIENDS NOT BELIEVE ME THAT I AM NOT LEAVING HAS MADE BE BECOME VERY UN-MOTIVATED; ALL I WANT TO DO IS BE A UNITED STATES MARINE , BUT I AM STARTING TOO THINK IT WONT HAPPEN...

ANY ADVICE, COMMENTS, OR WHATEVER INPUT ANY POOLEE OR MARINES HAS WOULD BE GREAT

POOLEE LEKAS
    IST AS OF 20100320
    PULL-UPS:6
    SIT-UPS:77
    1.5 MILE RUN- 11:20
    "SHIP DATE" 20100524

Well, first I'd get a more up-to-date IST, hopefully being better.
    Second, I know a few people who have gotten their ship dates tossed around from you name it... this one guy I know had his changed 3 times within a couple months because of his MOS and such... don't let it discourage you, he is now a United States Marine and couldn't be happier.

Sorry to hear about all the **** bro. But stay focused. What I've found at my recruiting office is that my recruiters semi-care about what I want to do, but can only do so much as the gunny over-seeing the office is strict business... he does whatever he needs to do however he needs to do it, even if it means getting tossed around between ship dates and MOS's. I do my best to understand and be compliant but I have also found myself frustrated at times with gunny because of things like this. In the long run it's not our call.. so we have to take the hits as they come. Keep your head high and just keep improving mentally and physically.

Hope to see you there NBFD. My date got pushed back a month due to the high demand as well. Nothing to get discouraged about. Just be ready to go when they tell you that you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by NBFD2USMC View Post
    NOW IM TOLD I WILL BE SHIPPING OUT TO P.I ON MAY 24 WITH AN MOS AS INFANTRY.......
    Trade with me? That's 2 days after my birthday, and the MOS I want to be, along with the same MCRD I'm going to.

haha but on a serious note, as for your friends not believing you..when you leave and don't come back for a few months and when you do you're in uniform and all MOTO...I think they'll believe you.

Plus, don't forget date changes are better than getting dropped from DEP or not having a date at all.

youre complaining about a UH contract? do you realize how many people want to go infantry and can't get a contract nowadays? quit complaining, and remember: patience is a virtue.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FN FiveseveN View Post
    youre complaining about a UH contract? do you realize how many people want to go infantry and can't get a contract nowadays? quit complaining, and remember: patience is a virtue.
    he's not complaining about his contract, he's worried that his date's going to get pushed back again and he's never going to end up going. if your date had been pushed back 4 times you might be a little annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulls View Post
    he's not complaining about his contract, he's worried that his date's going to get pushed back again and he's never going to end up going. if your date had been pushed back 4 times you might be a little annoyed.
    if hes in the DEP, hes going to ship. complaining about having a 03 contract is crazy there's plenty of guys just in my pool that wish they were shipping as 03's. im pretty sure everyone has gotten there date pushed back, the Corps is full at the moment. if you cant deal, join the another branch.

You guys should bust out the pugil sticks and settle this once and for all.

Electrician to mechanic to infantry ? Are they even giving you options or are they just telling you what you're getting...because that's not really what they're supposed to do. If you have a certain job you want, you have to put your feet down and stick with it until you get that job.

I've heard of some people getting their ship dates changed a few times..I don't really kno what's up with that. I wish I had some good advice to tell ya man. =/

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FN FiveseveN View Post
    if hes in the DEP, hes going to ship. complaining about having a 03 contract is crazy there's plenty of guys just in my pool that wish they were shipping as 03's. im pretty sure everyone has gotten there date pushed back, the Corps is full at the moment. if you cant deal, join the another branch.

dude you're just not getting it..hes' not complaining about the contract, he's worried he's not going to ship at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jburke1983 View Post
    You guys should bust out the pugil sticks and settle this once and for all.

I like your thinking!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im a marine already and I know how they flip flop you in the dep program but dont just join to be a marine your MOS is a big part of being a marine yes we are all rifle men but infentry is alot different than cook or waterdog im a 1371 Combat Engineer I like my job but you might not set down with your recruiter and tell him you want a certain date. Then ask what jobs are available in that Qauter and pick its not hard bro.

Thread Information