Bootcamp Experience for 21st Century?
Create Post

Bootcamp Experience for 21st Century?

These experiences are from MCRDSD

From all the stories Ive heard, about bootcamp, It seems to be all about Earning the Title, in a safe way.

Im here going to post my company's experience from bootcamp. 2nd BN, Fox Co.

Bootcamp was definitely tough mentally. You're already homesick and the Drill Instructors pick at your every weakness. Dont give them a reason too. Show that you are tough. Showing ANY sign of weakness and they are all over you. Its like a red beacon that says "Hey, come tear me up". The one thing I didnt like, is that We (Fox Co) didnt PT enough. Im sure the training matrix for MCRDSD is almost all the same with the events we do. Every time I got advice from a senior Co., it was always on point.
    Anywho, back to the point of not PTing. We dont run very much. Then when you do want to run, becuase you've gone a week without PT, for whatever reason, the day you are to do the run, you find out you're a gear guard, Lol. It was terrible. Try to get IT'd as much as possible. When you are IT'd, its not so bad at all. Its just endurance workouts. You will survive.
    Volunteer for everything. People say not to volunteer, but do you want to be that Marine, who just went through the motions? Didnt really put out? No. You dont. Yes if you volunteer, and you mess up, you will probably get screamed at. So what. Do you realize how much you just helped out the entire platoon? You stuck your neck out there, and now the rest of the Platoon has just learned from your mistakes. You also taught yourself. Trust me, the drill instructors notice these things. They pointed it out to us ALL the time. Remember, EVERYTHING in bootcamp, has a purpose. I mean, EVERYTHING. Always be on the state of alert for the fellow recruits who are messing up. Correct them. The smoother your platoon flows together, the more events you win, the cooler your Drill Instructors are with you. Of course, NEVER take kindness for weakness. They will tear your entire world up. Put out 100%. Reach deep down, grab your pair, and put out. Its that much more worth it in the End. On top of the reaper, thats the End. You'll stand there, looking over the mountains and the ocean and then it will hit you. All the training you just went through, all the IT's, the games the Drill Instructors play, was all for this reason. You will feel the world lift off your shoulders, and you'll take in that deep breath of cold mountain air and realize you gave your all. You gave your all, and you made it. Realistically, once you reach the top of that Reaper, your struggles of bootcamp are over. Your Drill Instructors get Lax, and treat you like people. They say when you are at your lowest point, that you revert back to your highest level of training. Keep that in mind after the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor Ceremony and you become a Marine. You still have a Week to go, so do NOT get relaxed. Still give 100% getting out of the rack, marching to chow etc. Just remember, TIGHT ELBOWS Ya Got It!

Anywho, about it being safe, they make sure you are safe. In everything you do. We once ran in the rain, and they stopped us and let us go inside. Dont expect that during field week though or the Crucible, but every other time, you bet your damn ass the Drill Instructors dont want to be wet just as you dont lol.

Congratulations on earning the title Marine.

I'm curious, what were your IST/PFT scores prior to recruit training and what were they at the final PFT?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Yes PI had its own points of view,one was motavation,and running was our morning /evening fun,easier harder i dont know who was(PI/SD)but in 1968 they were down right hard azzes and that is why iam here today,one thing they always said, some of you if not all of you are going to die in vietnam, CHARLIE is going to kill you......................usmc,

Enrique, I just graduated from 2129,

Senior Drill Instructor SSGT Gomez
    Drill Instructor SSGT Rosas
    Drill Instructor SGT Frye
    Drill Instructor SSGT Jumawan.

Oorah Fatal Fox.

thats whats up Batacan! lol. Im 2133. You lucky bastards got to watch avatar lol. anywho My ist before going in was 9 min mile and a half, and then i went in 2 weeks later, it was at 10:35. You do an IST your 2nd week there I believe. My first pft was 21 minutes, then dropped to 20. nothing substantial but like I said, we wouldnt run as much as i thought. I PT'd pretty hardcore on the outside so my performance just stayed on Par throughout bootcamp and I gained about 8 pounds. Im not complaining though. Some one the physical activities tired you out lol.

Haha, I thought GySgt Farmer, was sick. My boy Shadd was in your platoon.

How do I change my membership to Marine?

GySgt Farmer was a badass loll. Sgt Fry and Ssgt Jumawan were helluh cool though. Sgt Fry was just a badass and SSgt Jumawan was hell of motivating. Always war crying lol.

Contact the Drifter and ask to change your status to Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatacan View Post
    How do I change my membership to Marine?
    Congrats to the both of you on EARNING the title...United States Marine, and welcome to the Marine Corps family.
    Enjoy your leave home with family and friends.

Semper Fi Marines!

Batacan, get in-touch with thedrifter and ask her to change your status from poolee to Marine.

Hey, Enrique, what's your last name? I was in 2133. Guerra? GySgt Farmer was the sht.

Thread Information