Infantry, or every MOS
Create Post

Infantry, or every MOS

Good afternoon Marines,
    Well my question is, whenever I talk to Infantry Marines, they tell me the Infantry is not what I think, and that they spend ALOT of time doing bs. Like Police calling, buffing the floors, and a bunch of other things. Is it just the Infantry guys do all this? Or is it every MOS?
    Thanks

It's every MOS, to a degree. I'm fairly certain grunts get the worst of it though, or close to it.

How come? Just cause they're grunts? lol

Couldn't tell ya. All I can say is that grunts are a different breed than us POGs.

Well, you can only hone your infantry skills for so long. They have to keep them busy and that is the type of b/s all Marines have to do when there isn't work to be done.

Kept occupied doing useful BS is to be kept from getting into as much trouble.
    Kept angry at your superiors is to be kept from being angry at each other.

Basic rules of successfully handling large groups of immature young males in close proximity.

Everything above is true. When at peace time you will really welcome all the field time you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by 119Wrestler View Post
    ... they spend ALOT of time doing bs. Like Police calling, buffing the floors, and.....
    If they/you think it's BS polishing a deck, cleaning heads and gathering up pogey bait wrappers and nasty cigarette butts, think again. And who else is gonna do it? room service? GTF outtahere

Hoards of young men with strong backs and time to kill who are already government salaried employees are custom made for custodial, landscaping and building maintenance chores

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My MOS was too important to pick up butts,,,,,,,,,but I did,,,,,,, alot.

Think of it as incentive to quit smoking.

everyone does it it's called the big green weenie what you think those butts are gonna ****ing disappear on their own think how many butts would be there if noone policed the area

Necessary evil.

As much as it all sucks... nobody else is going to do it. You also gain an appreciation for it when you are in college and they DONT make your peers do that stuff. Everything is a disgusting mess (you don't want to here about my suite bathroom, it was bad enough that I leased my own place next semester).

It's honestly not THAT much time spent doing crap like that. Don't get me wrong, you'll spend your fair share, but its not as bad as it sounds.

Mike

Haha alright I was just wondering since I signed up as 03.
    Thanks

If anything, I hate the hurry and wait the most. There's no reason to kill time by doing absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ABrevik View Post
    If anything, I hate the hurry and wait the most. There's no reason to kill time by doing absolutely nothing.
    ahhhh the infamous "rush rush wait"! your not the only one brother!!!

Thread Information